Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Runkeeper app with Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can my charger 2 sync with runkeeper? If so, how do I  sync them?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Hello @gdsmckgrl, thank for keep visiting the Fitbit Community! Just a heads up, I took the liberty to relocate your post from our Android board to our Third Party Integration as your topic align more with the content of this board.

Back to the main subject. Yes, you can link your Runkeeper account with your Fitbit Dashboard. This integration can be found in our supported third party apps. You'll be able to see the following 24-hour stats in your Runkeeper.com feed after connecting your Runkeeper and Fitbit accounts:

What syncs:

• Total steps taken during the day
  • Total daily calories burned
  • Total daily calories consumed
  • How long & how well you sleep
  • Runkeeper data doesn't sync to Fitbit
  • Not compatible with the Aria scale

To connect your Fitbit account and your Runkeeper account, follow these steps in the app:

Head to your Settings (located in the Me tab -- click the gear icon in the top right) then click on Apps, Services, & Devices.

1.  Tap on the settings gear next to your profile picture, then tap on "Apps, Services, and Devices"
  2.  Under "Services" you should see the option to connect to Fitbit; tap on "Fitbit"
  3.  You'll be brought to the Fitbit sign-in page and all you have to do is sign in with your Fitbit username/email and password, and allow Runkeeper access.

Hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you for the info 😊 Do I have to upgrade Runkeeper to be able to use it with Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @helgamid, awesome to have you here as a new member of the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and regarding your questions to upgrade Runkeeper to use it with Fitbit.

No, this is not necessary as you can create a free account in Runkeeper and connect your Fitbit account without upgrading to premium or any paid service.

Catch you later and stay tuned if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doy ou have to have the runkeeper app running at the same time as the fitbit app to transfer or will it do it after the run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mgault it will sync after the run, there is no need to keep the Runkeeper app running on your phone. This has been my experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sfringer. Welcome to the Forums @mgault.

Usually the apps sync without having to be open at the same time, as @sfringer mentioned. This is done through their online structures and should be done automatically.

Let us know if there are any further questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the apps synced but Runkeeper doesn't seem to be sending my data to Fitbit. I also have them linked to MyFitnessPal, which I read on a Fitbit message board can send Runkeeper data to Fitbit. But it's not. Basically I just want an accurate way to see how many calories I've burned and what my calorie adjustment is for the day. None of the apps seem to have that accurate. This post gave me hope, but mine doesn't seem to be working like his and it was in 2014 so I don't know if things have changed: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Fitbit-run-keeper-my-fitness-pal/m-p/344000...

I want the Fitbit app to automatically adjust my calorie intake based on the steps the Fitbit watch logs, the meals I track in MFP, and the workouts I log in Runkeeper. Is that possible?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hello @abyhenk. Welcome to the Forums @abyhenk.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter and trying the setup mentioned in that post before posting yourself.

Keep in mind that only activities logged into MFP will cross over to Fitbit. Taking that into consideration, we are not able to guarantee that the Runkeeper activities that sync to MFP will be crossing over to Fitbit. That setup should work if you want to use MFP as your central hub, but wouldn't do so if Fitbit is where you want to have your central hub.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I think I understand. I'm fine with using MFP as my primary app for tracking calories eaten and burned, but it seems that the negative calorie adjustment isn't working because Fitbit isnt getting data from my workouts via Runkeeper, so it doesn't subtract the calories burned during the workout from the total burned for the day. So it tells me I have way more calories left to consume than I really do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit can only send data to Runkeeper, it cannot receive data from Runkeeper.

Best Answer

Ok, thank you. So what's the best setup if I want to accurately track how many calories I've burned and eaten in a day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't help you here as I do not perform that level of tracking. Hopefully someone else here in the forums can help out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sfringer and @abyhenk.

@abyhenk Thanks for being around to help.

Unfortunately I don't know precisely what would be the very best setup or app combination to get this information in the way you want to get it. Perhaps you could create a thread asking about that? There's bound to be someone that can help you.

Let me know if there are any other questions we can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I WANT to run the Runkeeper app while I'm running. I use it to cue my intervals. But I worry I'll end up with the same workout being recorded twice, once from Runkeeper and once from Fitbit. How does that work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are syncing run data from Fitbit to Runkeeper and also tracking your run in Runkeeper you will end up with two run entries in Runkeeper. You would then need to delete one of the runs within Runkeeper. The other option is to not sync Fitbit to Runkeeper.

Best Answer

Hello @sfringer and @MikeHardin.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @sfringer Thanks for being around to help and sharing your experience.

@MikeHardin As @sfringer mentioned, if you track runs from both apps at the same time you will end up with double logs which would be counterproductive. However you can delete it like mentioned above to get the accurate information. 

Be sure to vote for @sfringer answer if you found it to be helpful, that would make it easier for other users to see that post if they have a similar question.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

Here's what I do:

Track the run using both Runkeeper and Fitbit.

Go into the Runkeeper feed afterwards.

Delete the duplicate record that Runkeeper has.

Why?

Because by tracking with Fitibit, I get HR data and further, that more accurately reflects calories burned.

But... I still track using Runkeeper, because I get audio cues and can broadcast my run live.

Best Answer

A friend of mine just showed me that Runkeeper is publishing my sleep and calories burned info from FitBit for all my followers to see, not just my runs. This is outrageous. Can someone please contact me ASAP to help me remove that data?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @dariag1. Hello @AussieNick.

I apologize for the delay in my response @AussieNick. Thanks for sharing the process that you follow. I'm sorry to hear about the frustration that this situation has caused for you @dariag1.

@dariag1 In this particular case the intended information that syncs from Fitbit to Runkeeper. If you'd like to delete those detail from Runkeeper I'd recommend getting in touch with them and disconnecting the two apps to prevent it from syncing. You can click here to find the steps to disconnect the apps. 

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes