Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Nokia (Withings scale/ Healthmate) with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to sync my weight/bmi/fat% to my fitbit account/dashboard. Maybe the other way around also the steps from fitbit into the nokia health mate app.

anyone any idea where to start? All the links in other topics and the help pages lead to 404 pages, for example: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1286/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AX3rd_Party_Integration&...

any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers,

tom

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
330 REPLIES 330

Anch'io sono Italiano... Allora dimmi una cosa... Ma funziona la connessione con la mia FitBit Alta Hr? Ho la Nokia/Withings bilancia e non mi registra il peso... La tua APP lo farebbe?

Fammi sapere e la compro subito.

Grazie

Best Answer

Ciao @Puroplatino,
grazie per l'interesse. WeightHub si collega senza problemi a Withings e Fitbit.

Il braccialetto Fitbit Alta HR trasmette i dati a Fitbit tramite l'app bluetooth.

La bilancia Nokia/Withings trasmette i dati via WiFi a Withings.
Usando manualmente l'app WeightHub, puoi sincronizzare i dati di peso e massa grassa da Withings a Fitbit.

Nota: WeightHub funziona solo su desktop Windows 10 o macOS.

Fitbit Alta HR -> Bluetooth -> Fitbit app -> Internet -> Fitbit cloud.
Bilancia Nokia/Withings -> WiFi -> Withings cloud.
Withings cloud -> Internet -> WeightHub -> Internet -> Fitbit cloud.

Buona giornata!

www.weemple.com/weighthub

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems from the Withings forum every product integration to Fitbit side is failing, many after years of flawless performance.
Sounds like a retake of the Browser Wars when Netscape and IE would frequently change HTML implementations so what worked on one wouldn't on other!! Very Best Regards,Del Fredricks
Best Answer
0 Votes

As a former Withings user and a new FitBit user, please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of this scenario. It seems to me that most (but not all) of the criticism seems to be directed at FitBit (perhaps because we are on a FitBit Forum) but the integration of devices from two different manufacturers is actually not done by FitBit, but by Withings. If the problem is with a Withings app, why is the criticism not directed at Withings? Withings may well have decided to not assist the customers of their rival. I spent many years with Withings because of their better dashboard and continued with them because of my investment in their product. After numerous product failures and data inaccuracies, I started to look around and actually synched my Withings scale with a FitBit account. I stayed with Withings because of the data displays but that went in the toilet when Nokia took over. Now that I have switched to FitBit, I cannot switch the Withings scale data for my wife to her dashboard because of this failure but my data comes over fine since I did the synch two years ago.

Best Answer

Keith, I direct the blame primarily at Fitbit for a few reasons.

1) Fitbit's history of poor support and syncing. Maybe this could be a lesson that constantly squandering their customer's goodwill doesn't serve Fitbit in the long run.

2) Withings actually has a BANNER on their website saying they are aware of the syncing issue and trying to work it out with the Fitbit API team. Meaning I don't have to go to a forum for acknowledgement of the issue. They've even had a rep post HERE about the issue. Fitbit simply comments that they have no new information or ETA for a fix.

3) It is in Withings best interest for this integration to work, what with Fitbit being the market leader and this issue affecting every one of Withings products. Fitbit on the other hand can be content to tell people to get an Aria. 

4) There was recently an issue with Withings and IFTTT syncing. Got fixed in less than 2 days by Withings. This issue has been lingering for months. 

5) Just because the plugin is developed by Withings does not mean that Fitbit couldn't have changed something on their end that essentially makes fixing the plugin impossible or severely limits its functionality. 

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, the issue arose when Withings converted their API to require V2.0 Authentication protocol be followed on data access requests, most likely for Cybersecurity purposes and MDS compliancy for EU Privacy Regulations. This went live at end of Nov 2018, with advance notice of conversion!
However, it does NOT appear that Fitbit made adjustments on their end, which is why errors started occurring at that time.  Go back and check dates of complaints to see this fact.
Now there could be the possibility that the new authentication and data exchange protocol may have bugs in it's implementation which need to be ferretted out, either through more testing or 3rd party attempts to use it (i.e. Fitbit App being changed).
Myself, I'm all in favor for increased security on personal data being exchanged over ease of access that might let ANY Black hat get to it too.
Very Best Regards,Del Fredricks
Best Answer

Error messageError message

Hello,

My Health Mate app won't sync to my Fitbit like it used to.

I tried to reconnect them, but when I log in and I choose the account I want to sync from, I get

this message...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Margootemans

Best Answer

Since your trying to log into your Nokia account, and the error is a from the Nokia server I suggest contacting them.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20190204-084853.jpg

This is what Whithings said.

Thanks 😉

Best Answer

Withings posted an updated today in their support forum:  Update Feb 4, 2019

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmgray wrote:

Withings posted an updated today in their support forum:  Update Feb 4, 2019

Well, at least now its clear the delay is on Fitbits end. And now we wait (some more).

Best Answer

Maybe this week-end I will develop an alternative Withings to Fitbit web integration, to transfer weight and fat in real-time or similar.

Best Answer
That would be so cool. Fitbit is not able to fix the issue and Mark is creating a working solution on a single weekend. Boom 😁👌
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since you have contacted them, hopefully they will let you know when the issue is fixed

Best Answer

The response from Withings side is that Fitbit are using an outdated version of Withings/Nokia's API hence the connection issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let us know what Fitbit has fixed this.

Best Answer

The Fitbit / Withings scale issues appear to be resolved for me, I am a previously authenticated user so I don't know if new users trying to setup sync for the first time will have the same result. When I go to https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings I can see that my weight is again syncing, it had been broken since 1/28/19 (after nearly 7 years of flawless syncing).

Thank you to the development and support teams that have worked to resolve this issue! It is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, didn't work for me (though got one stage further in the process compared to last time).

😞

Best Answer
0 Votes