Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Fitbit App with the Apple watch?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone have any luck figuring out how to use the Fitbit app with your apple watch? I'm really bummed I can join in on challenges anymore. Third party apps I've tried won't transfer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @paigecaton! Currently there is not way to link your Apple Watch. It seems that you want to share your information with other applications. Here is a list of apps that share information with Fitbit. 

Hope this helps. 

Moderator edit: added link

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
115 REPLIES 115

Welcome on board @paigecaton! Currently there is not way to link your Apple Watch. It seems that you want to share your information with other applications. Here is a list of apps that share information with Fitbit. 

Hope this helps. 

Moderator edit: added link

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know you listed 0 apps that share info with Fitbit.

Best Answer

@cTan Welcome to the Community! Adding more information to what @Rippinghawk said. You can check the list of supported apps

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Why doesn't Fitbit have a monthly paid service to hve the app sync with the apple watch? I dont mind paying for it as I cant move away from the app and the scale.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Justlookpro! That's a great idea. Fitbit is always looking for ways to improve user's experience and to have more supported apps. Currently, there's an idea already in our Feature Suggestion board which is "Integrate with iOS Health" you may want to vote for it. Those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

As soon as they are under consideration or implemented the status will change. So, you can be aware of what's happening with this suggestion. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit Community! 🙂 

Best Answer

You Can use Sync Solver on your iPhone to export data from Fitbit to Health Kit (like weigh logs from Ariea for example).

Best Answer

Respectfully, this feature request is more relevant to the request; allow Apple Watch integration with the FitBit App:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-Apple-Watch/idi-p/525418

The link you posted is the reverse; integrate FitBit with the Health App. I think everyone can agree that the FitBit app is superior to the Health app, and using Apple Watch on the FitBit app is worth paying a subscription fee. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your comments @MarkNowak! This give users the opportunity to check more ideas and vote for the best that fits their needs. 

Best Answer

I see a trend where hardware revenues for fitbit will drop as more and more people want integrated, higher functioning wearables.  If fitibit were to be wise and create service or app for money it would guarrantee the future of the company and not compete with Apple and Samsung.  Who will outspend and out market fitbit without even realizing it.  So for now, fitbit has a good reason to be around.  But once those other huge behemoths get their act together the device will look pretty silly.  The app, however has great value.  I love it.  But I want more than the Blaze will ever provide and Watch2 comes pretty close.  But just like Apple tied everyone to iTunes and made billions, fitbit could tie us to their amazing app.  

Why not just build an watchOS app and sell it on the store? Why not make watchOS compatible with Premium.  That has to be a way for fitbit to make money and give us what we want.  Hubris kills more companies than bad product ever will.

Best Answer

fitbit needs to find a way to play wel with others.  People can still like your service even if the device doesnt work for them anymore.  then use the app(ortunity) to push more of your products and services.  c'mon guys, think inclusion

Best Answer

Qantas assure app, works with apple and Fitbit, although you only see steps you can see your friends that have either device, all you need is a Qantas Frequent Flyer Account, which is free to join through Woolworths Rewards.  And there are also Challenges you can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please any ideas on this issue? How to use the Fitbit app with an iwatch? Or is there an equivalent app for the iwatch? 

Love  my Fitbit but a bit silly wearing Both an iwatch and Fitbit!

Best Answer

I use the qantas assure app, and the power sync app which then comes through to the Apple health app 

Best Answer

Actually you don't need the qantas app, you can use the power sync app alone.

Best Answer

You can use the apple health app with the Fitbit app using the app power sync.

Best Answer

To my knowledge there is no WatchOS app at all. Which I think (as I posted above) is silly.  

Best Answer

As I let my mind wander every day on the treadmill and elliptical I've been thinking what exactly do I want my fitbit WatchOS app to do?  Mostly I want what I have in the Charge 2.  IE I want to track my steps, calories and exercise.  WatchOS does alot more of course and I would leave the higher level features to those apps already in existence. IE I don't need to text, control music or anything like that.

But I also swim, so the Charge2 is useless there.  I want fitbit to use the sensors in the Apple watch to track like my fitbit device does.  Nothing super fancy over what it out there.  

Like I said before, it's the app on the phone/web that has the value.  The device is just a collector.  The less devices I need the better.

Best Answer

@fit4lifeking Fitbit has an open API  and does play well with others. Fitbit has provided the open door, it is up to the others to setup the link to walk through the door. 

Best Answer

My understanding is that the API that is exposed doesn't allow that data to be included in steps and challenges.  So you can add exercise like a treadmill, but those steps won't count in your weekly or daily totals.  And that is what most want IMHO.

Love to be wrong because if that's the case we can ignore the fitbit lag of no watch support and simply find/built an app for them.  Then we can make money and they lose out 😉  Just kidding fitbit.... sorta.

Best Answer