Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noom app is not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is not syncing with my Noom diet/exercise app.  So, not all steps counted.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
108 REPLIES 108

Hello @Sweek, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm not able to see this app as an officially supported integration. This doesn't mean it won't work but is we are not aware of the data it will share with Fitbit or if there is an issue with the integration. 

My recommendation is to revoke the access of Noom from your Fitbit by accessing on your Application settings. One you have revoke the access try to reconnect the third party service again to refresh the integration.

Hope this advice helps. See you until the next time!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm not sure how frequently the Noom app is automatically requesting data updates from the Fitbit servers. 

To pull the data manually, in the Noom app:

• Navigate to main left-hand menu.
  • Select Settings.
  • At bottom, select Connect Additional Devices.
  • Your connected Fitbit should already be displayed in the list, showing as Connected.
  • There are two options in the bar, Refresh and Disconnect.
  • Select Refresh. A Message pops up reminding you you're requesting a manual refresh.

That should sync up your steps into the Noom app.

Not sure if I need to keep doing this manually or if the requests from Noom to Fitbit are just widely spaced apart. We'll see.

Best Answer

I have tried that myself and it does not log ANY of my steps....

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I’d try deleting the connection in both the Noom app and the Fitbit app, and starting from scratch. And even that may not guarantee it finally connects, I know. Right now it seems to be working, although it still looks like Noom is just going to update whenever it feels like it. What’s frustrating to me is when I update the Noom app on iPad, those updates don’t flow to the Noom install on my iPhone. And yes of course I only have one Noom account I’m signed into. Oh well so far an imperfect but useful app. 

Best Answer

@Cowgirl619 @timwat Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! @Cowgirl619 what is usually suggested is that you revoke the app access from your Fitbit account by going to the apps area on the website. After this relink both accounts (check that you removed the Fitbit app from your Noom account). Basically the steps that @RobertoME and @timwat shared in their posts. You could also reach out to Noom's support.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Nooms support team was no help what so ever, nor was my coach.Needless to say, I deleted the app.! HAHA
I'll stick with My Fitness Pal
Thanks for the advice!
Best Answer

I'm on the brink of doing the same. The food tracking is awful.  The steps tracking is awful. The coach just ignores the problems. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the  Forums @HappyH. Hello @Cowgirl619.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience on the matter. 

Hopefully MFP will do the trick for you and be useful in a way that you're looking for.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Feel free to reach out if you need any assistance.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Blaze. Once I connected my Fitbit to Noom I had to restart my Blaze to get it to sync.. Try it, hope it works for you.

Best Answer

Hello @DougJHFTB.

Thanks for taking the time to share that a restart did the trick. 

For reference, you can find the steps to restart your Fitbit by clicking here. Please do give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggestions listed so far and no luck for me either. The Noom support is just awful (I think it's all some kind of robo answers and once they reach the limit they are done).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noom is the worst app on the planet, they are very definitely in it for the money! Despite all the challenges I had with the app, their support was awful and so I cancelled but they still charged me for 6 minutes this subscription and some meal planning I never had. I wish I knew how to spread the word effectively. 

Best Answer

I came here to see if I could sync my steps successfully to NOOM. No joy so far. It didn't sync with my iPhone so I wondered if it would sync to my fit bit. Everything seemed very hopeful but I haven't managed it yet. I'm still in the 30 days free stage. This is a real deal breaker for me. Ive sent them a message and hopefully get it worked out. I really want it to work with at least one pedometer and preferably fit bit as I LOVE FIT BIT!!!!

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, and @HappyH. Welcome to the Forums @DocPratt.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! 

@SunsetRunner Glad to read that you enjoy Fitbit itself.

Have you tried to get in touch with the Noom directly? They should be able to look at what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Noom directly (of course) and they replied by cutting and pasting the limited amount of info on their website to me. I had of course already read this.Still, a lot of people don't so I'm not dissing that approach. However if enough people ask the question you'd think they would test it themselves and have an answer. I have an answer.

You do eventually sync but initially it takes about 12 hours. After that syncing occurs instantly. So something at either end that is on some 12 hour update cycle needs to kick in. Could be Noom or it could be Fit Bit. My advice is follow the sync instructions (which are good) and then let it overnight before thinking that it isn't working. 

I didn't stay with Noom beyond the 14 day trial as the cost didn't really justify what you can get for free around the net but the pedometer synced and stayed synced during the time I had the account.

Best Answer

This didn’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had been syncing fine for over a month, but has quit the past couple days, so I'm not sure if they are having some issue on their end or what. I agree that the support isn't what it could be, and there's definitely cheaper places to find the same info, but the app has been useful to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Syncing fine for last 2 months. Suddenly, not syncing Fitbit info. I’m waiting to hear from NOOM. I was thinking of deleting NOOM app and reinstalling. Could this work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that twice and it still didn’t solve the issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes