Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unable to link with Facebook - 3/31/16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

4/7 Update: This should now be resolved, and Facebook integration should now be working normally. If you are still having trouble, please consult this help article for tips on connecting with your Facebook friends. Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked to correct this issue!

4/6 Update: We have a fix in place which will resolve this issue, and it is being prepared to roll out into production. I'll post again once that happens, but it shouldn't be long!

We are aware of an issue preventing Fitbit users from linking with their Facebook accounts, and producing the following error. This may also prevent users from searching for friends via Facebook if their accounts are already linked.

error.PNG

Our team is currently investigating this issue, and we're working to return this functionality to normal behavior. If you see this error, please note that there is nothing wrong with your tracker itself. We'll post another update here as soon as we have news regarding a resolution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
380 REPLIES 380

I will echo the poster's initial comments for the Alta I opened yesterday:

This thing WILL NOT connect with Facebook, and I mean absolutely will not: it doesn't even try.

If I am logged in on the website (PC) and go to "Connect Facebook", I receive the error message "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later.".

When I select "Connect Facebook" using the iOS app, I receive the error message "Unable to create facebook account".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same issue with my brand new Blaze on an iPhone 6S. Here's what I've tried:

• Made sure the Fitbit was fully charged
  • Made sure the Fitbit had the latest update
  • Made sure the Fitbit app on iOS was up to date
  • Made sure iOS was up-to-date (9.3)
  • Tried restarting the Fitbit
  • Tried restarting the phone
  • Closed all apps
  • Made sure I was logged into FB in iOS settings and that Fitbit was allowed to use my FB account
  • Revoked app access via Facebook and restarted the process

Based on the number of people having the issue and the varying types of devices I think we're going to have to wait for an app update to get this working.

Best Answer

I just got Atla last night, I am having the same issues. It will not conncect to Facebook. I keep getting the message "Unable to create facebook account". I can't revoke access on the dasboard becasuse it isn't even showing Facebook. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is two ways to connect Facebook to Fitbit, through the app, and through the Web.

My problem.is that I cant do any testing since t he app is connected to my facebook.

What has me puzzled is message "can't create account", it should be "can't link account".

This is the message that I received when trying to link my secong Fitbit account. The reason they gave is that Facebook is already linked to a Fitbit account.

My question do you have your browser set to auto log into Facebook?

Best Answer
I’ve tried to connect every which way there is…….nothing is working
Best Answer

The can't create account makes me think.that your trying to connect to a non-exist s nt account, or the password is wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dude.  Not the issue.  If you read ALL of the people, across devices, that are having the same issue-- we all haven't forgotten our FB info, etc.  And many of us, a few specified, have tried every reasonable thing to reset/restart, try again.  Your comments are not adding to the discussion.  They said they're looking into it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support also made it clear they're aware of the issue when I contacted them earlier.

This has nothing to do with a wrong password/account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to link my fitbit with my facebook account, just keep getting the message unable to link accounts please try later.  I have tried this on my mac and ipad.  I have tried revoking access and loging out and back in but it still doesn't work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

i too am having trouble connecting to facebook! i get an error message saying "can't link accounts, one of these accounts is already linked"?? I tried to link my facebook earlier on my iphone, but got a different error message; i can' remember exactly what it said. But i'm on the PC now trying from the dashboard & this is the error message i'm getting now?

V

Best Answer

Same thing with my Charge. Would be nice to know when this will be resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine won't either. Have updated app, logged out of app, tried via the Fitbit dashboard, made sure email addresses are same for Fitbit and Facebook. Need help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This looks to be a problem on the fitbit side... a number of people have posted having the same problem in the past day or two.  I get "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later." when trying to link to my Facebook account.  Can anyone from Fitbit comment on whether this is a known issue and when it might be resolved?  Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue as well when trying to connect my Facebook. I'm wondering if it is because my contacts are linked to my account already? A lot of my friends on Facebook have FitBits and we want to be able to interact with each other.

Best Answer
This issue continues and I am still not able to connect with Facebook. It appears that many others are having this same issue. I'm also unable to connect to myfitnesspal so I'm not sure if there is a systemic connectivity problem. It's syncing w phone and computer ok otherwise. Can someone from Fitbit comment to let us know if this issue is being resolved? Thanks!
Best Answer

I am having the same problem! Following for the solution.

@Yell4340 wrote:

When I try to connect my fitbit to my facebook from the web browser dashboard, I get this error message: "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later."

When I try on my phone I get this error message: "Can't link accounts. One of these accounts is already linked."

The fitbit app shows up under Facebook/settings/apps but facebook doesn't show up under fitbit apps so I cannot unlink it, it was never linked in the first place. 

Talked to two (2) live chat reps, first one suggested waiting and trying again later since that what the error said. Didn't work. Second rep said they reported the issue to the engineering department and then gave me the link to the "Work With Us" page with all the apps fitbit works with. 

Is there a resolution to this problem or will I just never be able to sync my facebook and fitbit?

@Yell4340 wrote:

When I try to connect my fitbit to my facebook from the web browser dashboard, I get this error message: "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later."

When I try on my phone I get this error message: "Can't link accounts. One of these accounts is already linked."

The fitbit app shows up under Facebook/settings/apps but facebook doesn't show up under fitbit apps so I cannot unlink it, it was never linked in the first place. 

Talked to two (2) live chat reps, first one suggested waiting and trying again later since that what the error said. Didn't work. Second rep said they reported the issue to the engineering department and then gave me the link to the "Work With Us" page with all the apps fitbit works with. 

Is there a resolution to this problem or will I just never be able to sync my facebook and fitbit?

Best Answer
Just chiming in to say I bought a new Alta today and am having the same exact issue. Following the tread hope it's fixed soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge HR and I am having all the same issues that you all are having. VERY FRUSTRATING. I called support, closed and reopened everything. Nothing works. Hope Fitbit gets it figured out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing for me! What a disappointment.. Hopefully they figure something out soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to add friends from Facebook on my app. I click on this option and I get the loading circle and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, also removed the facebook app from the desktop, this does not work either. 

Thanks!

Best Answer