Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unable to link with Facebook - 3/31/16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

4/7 Update: This should now be resolved, and Facebook integration should now be working normally. If you are still having trouble, please consult this help article for tips on connecting with your Facebook friends. Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked to correct this issue!

4/6 Update: We have a fix in place which will resolve this issue, and it is being prepared to roll out into production. I'll post again once that happens, but it shouldn't be long!

We are aware of an issue preventing Fitbit users from linking with their Facebook accounts, and producing the following error. This may also prevent users from searching for friends via Facebook if their accounts are already linked.

error.PNG

Our team is currently investigating this issue, and we're working to return this functionality to normal behavior. If you see this error, please note that there is nothing wrong with your tracker itself. We'll post another update here as soon as we have news regarding a resolution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
380 REPLIES 380

@dmartell1856 wrote:

--------------      cut.      ---------------

I can post all my badges to FB, but can't access my friends list. I get "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later." when I try.

There are several ways to add friends to you Fitbit account, the Facebook link is so that you can find Facebook friends thqt have linked their Fitbit accounts. 

An invite will still need to be sent.

So how do you add friends, you know have fitbits. Send them a Facebook or Messenger PM with a link to your profile page, they then press add friend, you accept.

What I've done is posted a link to my profile page on Facebook.

Once they are friends on Fitbit, then you are able to follow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But if you would have gotten one of those other trackers, you would not get facebook link at all. At least this way it can be fixed with software update wirelessly. It is certainly bigger problem if the update is not released soon though.
Best Answer

The only thing the Facebook connection does or make our a little easier to find friends.

If you already know of a Facebook friend with a Fitbit, then send them a  PM through Facebook. Otherwise party an update stating, the Facebook connection to Fitbit is down, please add me to your Fitbit friends. Then add a link to your profile.

You want to know what your profile is click on your name in this thread, then go to profile.

Their are workarounds. I've also added twitter followers this way.

Best Answer

What's the ETA for the fix to be in prod?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found posts from almost a year ago about this problem. I don't think
they are really trying to fix it.
Best Answer

@NikiJ This issue just emerged in the past week. As I mentioned in the lead post, we have a fix planned for release shortly.

Best Answer
Exactly, if the Facebook feature is important, you buy the device that has Facebook. Obviously if it wasn't an interesting feature to so many, they would just buy the less expensive s device that doesn't offer that integration.
Best Answer

Matthew you guys spent so much in advertising. Downfall of a company is when you lose your customers trust.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been more than a week already. You guys on vacation? Or you guys not trained?

Best Answer
0 Votes
MINE IS NOW WORKING! Just checked and it now let's me connect to add my Facebook friends.
Best Answer

This should now be resolved, and Facebook integration should now be working normally. If you are still having trouble, please consult this help article for tips on connecting with your Facebook friends. Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked to correct this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Shortly as in a day or two, or shortly as in weeks and weeks?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this with my husband. The link didn't work and the error popped up... Maybe I was doing it wrong?
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not shortly it is like working right now.

Best Answer

Thanks for finally fixing this! It's fixed for me, anyway, hopefully for everyone else too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can now connect to FB friends on my computer, but not on my App on iphone.  But at least I got that much

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now working for me as well.. Thanks... Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

MInes not working either, given up now.  Been through the help article, still not showing people who I know have fitbit and I know they have FB and fitbit app linked. Can't waste any more of my time on this, really had enough, love my Fitbit but their communication and customer service is shocking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is working for me now. I was able to see my friends who have a Fitbit on fb and was able add them without an issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Last night I could link to Facebook via computer and no from iPhone app.
This morning that has also started working. Issue resolved completely for
me.
Best Answer
0 Votes