Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unable to link with Facebook - 3/31/16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

4/7 Update: This should now be resolved, and Facebook integration should now be working normally. If you are still having trouble, please consult this help article for tips on connecting with your Facebook friends. Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked to correct this issue!

4/6 Update: We have a fix in place which will resolve this issue, and it is being prepared to roll out into production. I'll post again once that happens, but it shouldn't be long!

We are aware of an issue preventing Fitbit users from linking with their Facebook accounts, and producing the following error. This may also prevent users from searching for friends via Facebook if their accounts are already linked.

error.PNG

Our team is currently investigating this issue, and we're working to return this functionality to normal behavior. If you see this error, please note that there is nothing wrong with your tracker itself. We'll post another update here as soon as we have news regarding a resolution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
380 REPLIES 380
Mine says the already linked thing. I just spoke to a guy and he said they are trying to fix it! Hopefully soon this is fixed I want to add my friends and challenge them all!!!!
Best Answer
My Fitbit won't connect to Facebook
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working for for me. This is getting annoying with how long it's taking
Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
What's the timelime on a fix? Given how long we've been waiting for a fix to the unawarded trophy issue, I'm not holding my breath. I love my Fitbit itself, but right now I'm not digging the technical support.
Best Answer

Just adding my name to the ever growing list of people waiting to add their FB friends. I got my Blaze instead of a Garmin JUST so I could challenge my friends but haven't even been able to add them since I got the thing. If it's not resolved by Saturday, I may just return it to Amazon for a Garmin.

I can post all my badges to FB, but can't access my friends list. I get "Unable to link your Facebook and Fitbit accounts together. Please try again later." when I try.

Best Answer

same error here, freshly new user and tried yesterday to link the two accounts, until seen this post (or old post 😕 )

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had my Flex a week now and still can't connect. Following for updates...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for letting us know that the fix is on its way. To all the frustrated people out there, please give fitbit team at least few days to roll out the coming update. I'm sure they will post it as soon as possible.
Best Answer

What is the timeline for this fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can I be notified when there is a solution?
Best Answer
0 Votes

yay! cant wait for the fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased 2 fitbit's very dissappointed with them so far, a company your size with a problem this large out of the box is pretty much unacceptable.

Best Answer
Just because of the facebook sync limit? Is that really that important to you? Its not like the whole product does not work or anything. And you can still add friends with email address.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Imagine buying a new television and channels 1-5 don't work, you would probably reply with, well you have all those other channels you should just be happy about it.

Products should work as advertised when you buy them.

It's not a sync limit its not functional at all, the only reason we bought fitbit was because of the facebook friend integration there are plenty of Competitors with similar products.

Best Answer
No I would not answer like that about a TV. But I see your point and did not mean to sound offensive. Just could not imagine a situation where someone would return a product when they have already found a fix and only thing you need to do is wait couple of days. Sure that is not ideal but still quite nice.

If the product is not working at all on the other hand - that is a totally different situation.
Best Answer
Anyway, lets hope they fix it soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it is that important to me.  I could have gotten a Garmen or a Fitbug, or any other less expensive device if I wanted a simple step-counter.  The idea is that many, many people have fitbit. There's motivation in a challenge and commeradere with friends.  And currently, with this outage, you cannot add friends, even with email.  They can see your request to add and respond to it, but then it doesn't come back to you - it's still as if it's pending.

Best Answer
Can't connect my blaze to Facebook to add my friends and I am using iPhone can anyone help
Best Answer
0 Votes
When is this going to be sorted as it appears a lot of people are experiencing this and hacked off with the situation
Best Answer
0 Votes