Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing with S Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Many of us on the Fitbit wagon are still waiting for the syncing of the widely popular Samsung devices that offer S HEALTH. Yes, I have a Gear and several fitbits. I prefer to wear the fitbits most days, but I want to be able to have it across the board rather than showing gaps between apps. Myfitnesspal sync works wonders, and I want the same with SHeath. Please make it happen and surprise us yet again...
Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

I don't see how this answer is considered to be a "solution".

Best Answer

I just googled and found this thread. I just got the Charge 2 and I left it at home today plugged in to the charger but my phone's s-health counted my steps. So I'm guessing can I not add my s-health steps to my dashboard on fitbit? I just got home from work and tried to go under shealth and devices and scan to see if it would find fitbit it didn't than i came to this thread after I googled. I am guessing it won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@spop to see why this is considered solved you need to tead the OP, now go read the solution., while keeping in mind that this area is where Fitbit user help out their fellow Fitbit users.

The connection between Fitbit and S-Health will most likely need to be done by S-Health. Not your fellow Fitbit comunity.

Now it is possible that Fitbit could reach out to S-Health and work with them to get a link between the two up and running.

So the solution provided, with the link, is to go to the feature request sight and vote on this request. Many of the latest features added where a result of votes found there.

I hope this clarifies a litle on how these comunity forums are setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So can you manually add steps to Fitbit? I just left mine at home today but my phone S health tracked my steps but somebody sent me a challenge and Fitbit and I'm upset but I left mine at home today on the charger. I just want to know if I can add my steps manually knowing it don't sync to s health. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I understand the response you seem to give over several years, I hope you know how unhelpful it is, other than having people vote on something. This topic seems to have been around since 2015. I would imagine Fitbit just doesn't care about this topic. Also, I believe the person that just posted wanted an answer about MANUALLY entering step data into the app. I also have the same question. Is this possible?

Best Answer

How do i get my fitbit charge 2 to send my daily results to my s health app?

Best Answer

I don't think you can. They don't sync together which I was trying to find out when I googled and found this thread. I Just got a charge 2 and was invited to this challenge and left my fitbit at home on the charger. Just wanted to add my shealth steps to the fitbit dashboard and couldn't. You can add exercise but I just wanted to add my steps manually to fitbit and couldn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Gear S3 and would like to Sync with Fitbit to challenge with my friends using fitbit. Looks like Samsung is the one to blame for this and not Fitbit.

Best Answer

That would be awesome since I'm new to the fitness apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just connected my S Health app to the MyFitnessPal app, which in turn is connected to the FitBit app - steps are now being recorded automatically in S Health!

Best Answer

Well that's nice. How did you do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah... well, 1'st off, if you don't agree with what I posted you don't need to be a di*k about it and lecture me on what a forum is and/or how it works and who this is for and 2'nd I haven't disrespected anyone with anything with my post (like you kinda come off to me). And the cherry on the cake is when you command me what to DO, like I'm some "do boy". I don't know who you are and frankly I couldn't care less, and neither do you. Let's keep it that way, GOT IT? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So how is it done? because I connected to my fitness pal app and I do not see me steps in Fitbit.

Best Answer

So far I've continued to wear my FitBit to measure steps, so it syncs from FitBit to MyFitnessPal to S Health. Next I'm going to try measuring steps on my Galaxy S7 and hope it syncs the other way. According to the MyFitness website it should be a two-way sync. 

Best Answer

OK so ur fibit syncs to S health but I want my S health to sync to fibit so I can do challenges and goals on Fitbit 

Best Answer

So what fitbit do you wear?  I'm not sure I understand how the reverse sync will work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I'd forgotten my Fitbit charge 2 twice and left it at home and I want to be able to use my phone to track my steps in s health and be able to add those steps to my Fitbit dashboard and you can't I guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if you log in online you can manually add steps - go to log then change the "measurement" from miles to steps.  ****UPDATE****  apparently manually entered steps will NOT count towards challenges or leader boards****

Like everyone else I'd really like the two to work together.  I don't have a fitbit and don't really need one but also want to join my family challenges.  It would be easier if S health could automatically sync with fitbit.

Also sorry to say but fitbit pointing the finger at S health is just annoying.  It's like trying to get your Google calendar and Outlook calendar to sync - they just point the finger at each other - sorry it's not good enough.  This thread is years old if either company were truly interested in customer service they'd make the effort to get this done.  I blame BOTH fitbit and S health.

Best Answer

Remember the area we ate in know is for the comunity of fitbit users to help each other out 

If you want to let Fitbit know your thoughts, the follow yhe link above to ad your vote and comment to the suggestion.

BTW Fitbit already has provided tge tools and ih S-Health wanted they could have this link working tomorrow. 

My thought is to attack it from both sides, why limit your options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich B. - Any update - did the reverse way work?  Can you use MFP as a conduit, if you will, to go from S Health to fitbit?

Best Answer