Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing with S Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Many of us on the Fitbit wagon are still waiting for the syncing of the widely popular Samsung devices that offer S HEALTH. Yes, I have a Gear and several fitbits. I prefer to wear the fitbits most days, but I want to be able to have it across the board rather than showing gaps between apps. Myfitnesspal sync works wonders, and I want the same with SHeath. Please make it happen and surprise us yet again...
Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Rich L. - I think my post makes it pretty clear that I took the time to read through the responses. You've basically reposted the same information multiple times that multiple people have commented how unhelpful that information is.  I like others think the "solve" status to this post is absurd.

I'm not sure it's your intention but your response also, often, comes off snarky.  Repeating information that has been unhelpful and lecturing people about the purpose of the forum and how to use it can be annoying - just something to think about.

Best Answer
Agree!!!
Best Answer

I would have to agree, the issue is not solved........

Best Answer

Looking forward to it!

Best Answer

Go into the fitbit app and maually add a work-out of walking. Estimate the length of your stride and how far in miles you would have walked. Enter that as the distance and set the length of time for whatever is reasonable. Gie it a few seconds after entering the work-out and your steps should update. If it adds the wrong amount of steps, edit the distance in the workout until it adds the number of steps you want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For ease of use - Samsung Health now allows you to link to Fitbit through their Settings screen along with 5 other non-samsung tracking devices. No need for a third party app, at least in the most current versions. 

Best Answer

Where do you find those settings out to sync fitbit with S- Health now I can't find it.

Best Answer

@Rose4uKY wrote:

Where do you find those settings out to sync fitbit with S- Health now I can't find it.

Settings|Connected services

Please note that only the sleep data will sync from Fitbit to Samsung Health unless you use a 3rd party app.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

Why would they be able to share data about sleep but not be able to pull the other information like steps. I would like to be able to have the two apps work together without a 3 party app. All of the apps I have used do not seem to work very well for me.

Best Answer

Tperez225 ... lol, your post made me laugh.  For years, I sought how to sync my Outlook Calendar to a Google Calendar and found a third party app (DeJa Office) to do it since neither developer was going to supporting each other!  Sounds like the same thing applies here ... a third party app is going to be created and merge SHealth and FitBit and make a TON of money when they do!

Best Answer

Hi,

When will Fitbit sync with S Health.

Br, Gbenga

Best Answer

I love s health but it requires me to have my phone with me 24/7 on the other hand if it's linked with fit bit I will be able to track more of my steps and will always be on track 

Best Answer

I connected all three apps (fitbit, s health, & myfitnesspal) across the board but my steps are still not being recorded in Samsung Health. Did I do something wrong? Please let me know how you did it. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry, this said "solved"? Where is the solution? Was there really one or was it just more begging for integration or buying a Samsung gear?

Best Answer

The only thing S Health will sync with FitBit is your sleep.  No steps.  Real helpful, huh?  It'll be great when we want to enter a workweek sleep a thon with our FitBit friends, otherwise, we're **ahem** out of luck!

Best Answer

there is no solution, don't get tricked by the green button

Best Answer

Currently the best answer is to follow the suggestion in the green button.

Since Fitbit does not push themselves on to third parties, an S-Health does the same.

Fitbit is more than happy to allow S-Health to connect, and S-Health is more than happy to let Fitbit connect, and here is the problem. The answer is that both Fitbit and S-Health will need to in agreament come together.

This request is determined on Fitbit comunicating with S-Health.

Here again, we should be asking both parties to reach out, since it will take both parties to implement. 

This is not a linkup like MapMyRun who did not need Fitbits aproval. 

Best Answer

Wish my fitbit flex would pair with samsung health

Best Answer

Technically @Mel210173 your Flex won't sync to a third party, it is the Fitbit account that syncs. 

Best Answer

the sooner this happens the better

Best Answer