Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very recent Strava syncing issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use Strava to sync my rides into Fitbit.  Has worked seemlessly until a couple days ago.  It started as a huge delay (hours).  Last night took some time.  Now this morning's ride hasn't synced (it's been almost 3 hours).  Curious if anyone else has been having this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey all, thanks for reporting this. We'll investigate and see what's going on. Robot Frustrated

Edit: This should be resolved now. Thanks again for the reports!

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Same issue here. I sync with Strava on every ride; today, no sync. My buddy uploaded to Strava directly just fine on same ride, so seems to be an integration issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be clear, I use Strava just for the ride (mostly because it has the ability, if I so choose, to share to social media).  I have Strava import into Fitbit, and let Fitbit work its magic/use it for the fitness/physical/biometric data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For kicks, I decided to try a fix from when it wasn't working about a year ago this time.  I am now thinking I should not have done that.  I did the "revoke and reconnect thing".

This error came up: {"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}.  However, Fitbit and Strava, both on their respective sites, show them as reconnected and with permissions for write and access.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here! 

I think it's some sort of server issue, hopefully it will get fixed quickly. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the exact same issue. Must be an IT issue behind the scenes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup.. My run this evening didn't sync to strava either.. 

Becoming an annoying habit.. Same issue a few weeks back and took long enough to fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, same exact error.

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}

Tried on two pc's and on two separate internet connections.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting the same thing feom my ride today.

I tried the revoke access and reconnect but get the error 500 when clicking connect on strava.fitbit.com

I got round it by downloading the fitbit activity as a .tcx file and then manually uploading it to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all, thanks for reporting this. We'll investigate and see what's going on. Robot Frustrated

Edit: This should be resolved now. Thanks again for the reports!

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

I was able to reconnect Strava and Fitbit. Will my two rides from today that didn't sync originally because of this issue now sync since it appears to be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm guessing they won't.

But you can export your activity from fitbit then manually import it into strava. Like Nairnster has.

Best Answer

Seems to be working again properly.  I deleted the activity from Strava, and then after a while the fitbit activity did sync across to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I meant FROM Strava TO Fitbit.

Regardless, I figured that would be a stretch.

We'll see this morning if it's truly fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not syncing from Fitbit to Strava!

few days ago I downloaded the file uploaded to strava manually... but as next week I'll be on a trip for 10 days I won't have my computer with me! You better solve this asap!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's working for me. Has synced from Fitbit to Strava 3 rides over the
last two days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I revoked access again and again connected. After 30min it synced my last training from this morning. Ok, it seems to work now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't wok for me still. See screenshots from FitBit and Strava.FitBitFitBitStravaStrava

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn't solved.  It appears to be broken again.

Best Answer

I don't use fitbit, but my company has this fitbit challenge thingy. I am using Garmin and sync  to Strava all my runs and rides. I thought I can sync Strava to fitbit and participate in the challenge, but no luck. 

Best Answer