Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Up....WITH no What's App?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Only just got this Blaze and its a winner, no question...Fitbit have finally got themselves in the right direction and are now ahead of the pack..way ahead and I have had every fitness tracker out there...
It's all fantastic until we look at notifications..are you working on Whats App etc or will you only ever support normal text, emails etc?
It's a big issue for me as that very few friends or contacts use normal text.
We should be able to decide for ourselves what notifications we want...no?

Regards Chris
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Cpsyllides Check this out (for Android):

Switching to a Different App:

In order to switch to receiving text notifications from a different app, the app must be selected as the default messaging app on your mobile device.

After selecting a default message app, do the following:

1. Open the Fitbit App
2. Select your device from the Dashboard
3. Tap the device again from the device menu
4. Select “Call and Text Notifications”
5. Select “Text Notifications”
6. Select your preferred app

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Cpsyllides Check this out (for Android):

Switching to a Different App:

In order to switch to receiving text notifications from a different app, the app must be selected as the default messaging app on your mobile device.

After selecting a default message app, do the following:

1. Open the Fitbit App
2. Select your device from the Dashboard
3. Tap the device again from the device menu
4. Select “Call and Text Notifications”
5. Select “Text Notifications”
6. Select your preferred app

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's great and it works perfectly. Only issue I would have now is why Fitbit will not allow both texting and What's app, but you have to choose only one! Am I missing something? Chris
Best Answer
0 Votes
For Android, there is an app on Play Store called Fit Notifications. This will allow you to select notifications from ANY apps you have on your phone.

Alternatively if you search on Google you can find the apk for Bitticker which does the same thing.

Personally I use Bitticker, I did test Fit Notifications and it works fine. I just prefer Bitticker.

I set my notifications up on the Fitbit app as;
Call notifications - People
Text Notifications - Bitticker
Calendar Notifications - Disabled

I let Bitticker handle everything apart from call notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will try Bitticker. C
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cpsyllides @Theo1967 You're not missing anything as currently, the Fitbit app only allows for 1 default app to receive text, call, calendar notifications (if applicable). If you'd like to see more options within the app at one time, I suggest voting for this existing Feature Request idea. The more votes it gets, the more leverage I have when bringing this to our Android Team as something that our userbase wants. Thanks in advance!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that. I downloaded a third party app called Fit Notifications.... Works a treat....fitbit need to get thus sorted...would prefer to not have to download someone else's software..Chris
Best Answer
0 Votes