Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings / Nokia - Unable to authenticate Withings user.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for two days to link my wife's FitBit account with our Withings scale. Using the following link https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings it will always result in the same error.

"Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code."

How do we address the account linking issue shown above?

I was able to link my account a year ago, but I recently tried to link my wife's Fitbit account with her Withings profile and it didn't work. 

I've added  a screenshot below. Note: It's occurring on the FitBit page to link the Withings scale.

Error ExampleError Example

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

I am having same problem.  I have been a long time fitbit user and my withings scale has always connected this a a huge pain in the butt.  Fitbit should do more than tell all of us that its withings responsibility.   

Best Answer

Same problem for me - it is so lame it is ongoing for seven months with no visible solution! 

As a workaround I am using http://fitnesssyncer.com - works like a charm!

Best Answer

Lots of replies, but no solutions yet? I strongly believe this is caused by Withings forcing all external companies using the API to use OAuth 2.0 instead of 1.0.

Therefore, I think Fitbit should update their own code that fetches the measures and release a patch on their servers to fix this.

More details can be found here:

http://oauth.withings.com/oauth2/release.html

It's curious that this thread came up just a few days *after* Withings shut down their 1.0 API (for good reasons, I don't see any reason to blame them).

Best Answer

Thanks Launza, can you please include me when a solution is completed. 

Thank you!.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

Can you please provide a time-frame for when Fitbit will fix this issue?

Thanks

Best Answer

As a workaround you can use https://www.fitnesssyncer.com - works like a charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like FitBit is not prioritizing this work because they'd rather people return their Withings scale and buy their Aria scales. I hope they are not that near sighted and will treat their customers better than that!

Best Answer

@masi0 Thanks for the tip, however; it doesn’t address the nature of this post. We want FitBit to fix this issue and we don’t want to use a 3rd party workaround.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: I've been using the site https://ifttt.com/ and it WORKS. 

There's an existing applet for syncing the Withings app data with the Fitbit app. Took a day for the app permissions to finally kick in but it now it's logging the weight to Fitbit. 

I encourage you all to try it. It's *free* and there are other applets available including syncing options for other apps like Apple Health. 

Best Answer

la uso anche io ma sincronizza solo il peso e non gli altri dati (massa grassa, ecc)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

As mentioned before, Withings seems to be looking into the situation and hopefully they will be resolving this situation soon. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is not a Withings issue, so they are not going to resolve it! When is
this going to be esculated to your engineers?
Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit, please read my previous post. It *looks* like this isn't a Withings issue, stop blaming this on them. Please, stop playing the blame game and let a Fitbit developer take a look at the release notes and they will understand what's going on (they are using an out-of-date API to contact Withings).

Best Answer

I loaded IFTTT yesterday and it started syncing today.  Unfortunately, it is only bringing my weight (and not body fat etc), it is a bridge until Fitbit resolves this issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Then perhaps others follow me and consider returning their Fitbit and go for another like Google or Apple, who are supporting and increasing functionality of theirs to be closer towards true medical monitoring devices.
Del (sent from phone)
Best Answer

If it helps, I received a message from Withings today after reporting this problem a while ago; they stated that they're working directly with Fitbit to resolve the issue, but they don't have a time of resolution. But it at least sounds like Fitbit and Withings developers are in contact with one another and working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does not help, @SunsetRunner. I contacted them originally, too. Same generic reply as yours.

Withings is being nice saying they're working with Fitbit when it's Fitbit that needs to fix this. This is misleading. But what's worse is that Fitbit never even acknowledged working with Withings. @LanuzaFitbit keeps dodging blame and telling us to contact Withings.

@LanuzaFitbit: take responsibility and have your dev team fix this. Don't let them ask Withings to do unreasonable things like supporting a deprecated API.

I'm starting to wonder if we should publicly shame Fitbit on Twitter, or flood their support lines. This is outrageous.

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

It seems that you are not qualified to deal with this issue. Can you please escalate this to a more senior, proactive member of your team?

Many members have highlighted the solution to this issue and your non- technical, non- commital response is extremely frustrating given the length of time this has been an issue.

This level of customer service is appalling. At the very least you should verify the issue and the solutions that will be put in place with appropriate timeframes. If this does not fit your job description, please pass this issue on.

Best Answer

This is the same culture that sold a $250.00 Surge smart watch with a defective band that cracked and came apart close to the 12 month warranty expiration date. FitBit  did not and had no intention of ever engineering a replacement band. I got burnt then so I'm not surprised to be in this dilemma here again. SMH

Keep Moving
Best Answer

Hi Lanuza, When will it be fixed? We keep getting told it's being looked at, but the more I look, the more it becomes clear that this problem has been around for months and no one is doing anything about it.

Not only am I prepared to return my Withings scale, I'm also looking at changing fitness tracker brands because Withings was one of the only known scales that integrates well. I've heard nothing but complaints about Aria, so maybe it all needs to change.... And with all of the posts on this thread, it looks like others feel the same way.

Best Answer