Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings / Nokia - Unable to authenticate Withings user.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for two days to link my wife's FitBit account with our Withings scale. Using the following link https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings it will always result in the same error.

"Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code."

How do we address the account linking issue shown above?

I was able to link my account a year ago, but I recently tried to link my wife's Fitbit account with her Withings profile and it didn't work. 

I've added  a screenshot below. Note: It's occurring on the FitBit page to link the Withings scale.

Error ExampleError Example

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

@LanuzaFitbitThroughout the threat is obious that the problem is from your side using Oauth 1 and Withings/Nokia have upgraded to Oauth 2.0? Could you please confirm or deny this isntead of parroting all will be fixed by Withings?  I have just encountered the same problem and I am really shocked of how this is being handled and the luck of customer care. This is functionality on your site advertised as working. You have a duty to fix it or stop having it. Otherwise you mislead people as you have mislead me

Best Answer

For an Ionic around Christmas, then picked up a Withings scale shortly thereafter specifically because of the integration. This is a fairly simple fix that's on your site Fitbit. Please hurry up and get this taken care of. 

Best Answer

Just upgraded to a Charge 3 and also purchased a Withings Body+ based on Fitbit's ability to link to my Withings profile.  It's not working...getting the same error message and everyone else...

Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

The Withings Body+ was purchased because my Aria died when I made the mistake of changing the batteries and Fitbit did nothing for me.  Safe to say that if the Withings integration isn't fixed, either the Charge 3 or the Body+ are going back.

It appears our Fitbit bot @LanuzaFitbit has stopped responding after getting called out for blaming Withings for a Fitbit issue a couple of dozen times.  Can anyone competent at Fitbit respond to this thread with a meaningful update?

Best Answer

Hello everyone.

I apologize for the delay in my response! 

We truly appreciate all of the feedback and comments on the matter. Please do know that we are aware of the situation, as is Withings. As soon as there is anything to announce on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another unhappy customer here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit: So it took you 2 months to very vaguely acknowledge that Fitbit is "aware", too? That is, after 2 months, not only have you NOT fixed the issue, but you're not even saying you will. You're just telling us that it took you 2 months to let someone other than you at Fitbit know that there's an issue. Great. At this rate, it will be at least a year before this gets any sort of fix.

You need to do better at this point. You must give us an ETA. Several of us here have a development background, so you can't just give us a generic answer. The developers among us could've fixed it in a couple of days or weeks at worst.

Best Answer

Same problem , just bought a charge 3. A bug in production ! Needs a patch or a hot fix ! Get IT to work 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

can confirm Masi0 post regarding http://fitnesssyncer.com 

works really well and actually enjoying the service. Ive disabled the IFTTT applet in favour of this. 

Best Answer

Hey for me fitnesssyncer does not work. I am on iOS, downloaded the App and authorized withings and fitbit. So they both have access. I do see my body data from withings in my dashboard in the fitnesssyncer App but it is not tranfered to fitbit. I know it takes some hours the first time but also after 48 hours nothings happens. 

In the meantime i received an email twice that the task has been disabled because of authorization is missing so i just renewed it and again nothing happens. 

Can anybody help me? Would be so nice to get it working since fitbit does not seem to be interested in fixing this issue.

Thanks Guys 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner

This happened to me but I followed these steps and it worked.

1. Go to fitbit.com and revoke the access of FitnessSyncher in your
account.
2. Then delete the current destination task in fitnessSyncher (if you
haven't already)
3. recreate the destination task to update fitbit with body composition
and with new permissions. Tick all the fitbit authentication boxes even
though they don't seem relevant. I tried with only a few and got the same
errors as you.
4. Leave it for a day and it worked.

Good luck.
Best Answer

Okay thanks a lot for the checklist. I just followed the steps. I will let you know if it works or not 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BlakLite, @SunsetRunner, and @JSoames. Welcome to the Forums @Mragbi.

@BlakLite We truly appreciate your feedback. At this moment we do not have any ETA of when we can expect the situation to be fully resolved. While definitely not optimal, you could try what has been suggested by @JSoames to get the information to sync between the two.

@SunsetRunner Did the steps that were recommended work for you? 

@JSoames Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and the steps that you followed.

@Mragbi what is the issue that you are experiencing with your Charge 3? I'd like to take a closer look.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the steps didn’t work for me with fitnesssyncer. It simply does not transfer my data to Fitbit. I can see in my dashboard at fit esssyncer that data is collected from my Nokia scale but never synced to Fitbit. 

So i have to continue putting in all data manually every single day...

By the way: On Withings Website they say they also know about synching issues between Nokia scale and Fitbit and they’re working on it...so seems that we all have to be patient and wait. Or just buy the Aria 2. But for me this scale looks so ugly with this porthole display 🙈😁

Best Answer

Not having an ETA is completely unacceptable!

This issue has been raised with Fitbit nearly 3 months ago, since mid November 2018.

I read "we do not have any ETA" as "we do not care about our paying customers".

You have a number of users here who have spent a good deal of money purchasing Fitbit products with the understanding that it has the capability of interoperability. This issue proves that in fact, you do not.

Based on the large number of feedback comments from technical/developers on the this thread, it is clear that the issue is a relatively simple one to fix.

So this points to two potential reasons why this problem still exists:

1) You do not have the development resources to tackle ongoing issues via hot fixes.

2) You expect your users to purchase your scale over a competitor's scale in order to boost your revenue numbers.

Both conditions are troubling. First, if you do not have the resources, given that you are a public company, your investors should be made aware.

Second, if in fact you are attempting to create a closed system, while pretending to support an open one, this should be publicized and be incorporated in your customer's purchasing decision.

I am sure I speak for many on this thread in saying we are deeply disappointed in Fitbit's response to this issue.

You have to understand that the people who chose to voice their opinions here represent a small percentage of your customers, most of whom will you will never hear from, but will leave Fitbit for good.

Reading through the Amazon reviews of the Charge 3 and Aria 2 scales, in addition to the comments here, paints a bleak picture of Fitbit, the company. It seems like Fitbit is completely unprepared to play in the bigs. Your sales revenue numbers and more importantly, profits over the next 2 quarters will likely reflect ongoing issues such as this one.

I have been with Fitbit for over 8 years, but I am starting to seriously consider looking at Android smart watches as an alternative.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner and @CyclingSimon.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the matter.

As mentioned before, as soon as we have anything to announce on the matter we will be letting everyone know about it.

In the meantime I will be closing this thread from further comments as we have already other running thread. You can click here to see that thread.

Thanks for your feedback and  patience on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes