Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings integration is not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unfortunately, all related topics are locked, so I'm starting a new topic:

FitBit is no longer receiving data from Withings. The Withings app no longer lists FitBit as a linked app, FitBit does now show Withings as connected.

When attempting to run the connection wizard, I get this error message:

• Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Exception receiving access token

I've tried on multiple devices and nothing works -- it looks like the same communication error between FitBit and Withings that has apparently occurred multiple times in the past.

Is this a known issue at the moment?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

At least I know its broken after spending the day trying to debug this. Why does it keep happening?

Best Answer

Because Whitings announced a tiny change to the API which syncs data between Whitings and Fitbit. They announced it on March 16, 2021, and also announced that the old way to sync will stop working on Feb 7, 2022.

But, as has become the norm lately, Fitbit developers have not used the last 1 year to update things on their end.

Best Answer

Happening to me too. Very frustrating! Glad I saw this though before spending ages trying to fix it. Not good enough, Fitbit - sort it out ASAP! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

Welcome to the Community Forums to all new users. Thank you for adding your feedback about this feature. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration. 

As mentioned before, we’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. We've marked our previous response as the best answer to the this thread to gain visibility when looking for information about this topic, we know this is not a solution but we keep working to solve this for you. 

Thank you again for your support and comments.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Same issue, with same error message as OP unfortunately.

Fitbit stopped getting data from Withings on Monday Feb 7th.

Visited fitbit.com/weight/withings , and accounts appeared to no longer be linked.

When trying to re-synch the accounts, got the following error:

"Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Exception receiving access token"

Staying tuned for a fix to this recurring issue.

Best Answer

Yeah, it synchronizes with my loseit app just fine but not fitbit. It seems fitbit needs to update on their end. Wish I found this before troubleshooting for an hour lol. At least I know that they know there’s issues and are working on it. 

Best Answer

Yes, I guess we could keep track of our weight "manually". What good is an app if we have to do that. We could use pencil and paper to track it "manually". 

Best Answer

At least the Withings support team were correct then.. its a Fitbit issue.

Come on team, being a software developer myself if I had advice of a chance to a connected box that was going to break a system, and I just left it to break before working on it I would have been fired long ago

Best Answer

This is still an issue. Is the this still being worked on and is there and is there an ETR on when this will be corrected?

Thanks.

Best Answer
Knowing fitbit my guess would be no or it'll be fixed for a month and break again. :')

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ran the wizard at fitbit.com/weight/withings and it has now worked without error and my last 2 days are synchronised. Dare I hope that this will keep working now 🤞

Best Answer

thanks for that headsup.. it just worked for me again too

Best Answer

Same here, worked fine as well, thanks both

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, looks like it's fixed. Thanks, FitBit team! 💪

Best Answer

Same here! Thanks for the heads up! 

Would have been nice if it hadn't broken seeing as Fitbit had nearly a year to correct this without it effecting its users. The fact that the users are the ones left to update that things are fixed and not an official announcement saying it's fixed would have been nice as well.

Suppose it's just the price they make us pay for not using their scales.

Best Answer

Agreed! Nice job fitbit!!

Best Answer

Your fitibit-app on your mobile could be outdated. Try the following:

1. Delete your fitbit-app from your mobile

2. Restart your mobile

3. Re-install the fitbit-app from the App-store

4. Re-connect with Withings

Sounds strange but it should work!

Good luck and cheers from Germany

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your feedback, great to hear many have it working again! Our team has pushed a fix for new users linking Withings scale. We will continue to update this thread as we hear more. 

Your patience is truly appreciated, and please know your comments won't go unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer

I don't think it's fully fixed yet. I was able to link my account and download historical data, so the missed Withings weight data over the past couple of days showed up on my Fitbit.

The problem is that after this, the Fitbit-Withings link somehow gets deactivated, so subsequent weigh-ins will not get synced. Have to link accounts again and download historical data. 

Best Answer

Same issue here—historical updates load but weight data doesn’t load automatically like before. Fitbit app has the latest update. My other linked apps are receiving updates, so it’s just Fitbit.

Best Answer