Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings not syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/3/2019: The connection should now be working for everyone. Please reconnect your scale again. Thanks again for for your patience.  

Update 4/29/2019: Hi Everyone, our team is still looking into this issue. I've passed all your feedback and concerns on to the team and hope to have an update soon. Thanks again for your patience. 

Update 4/23/2019:  We are still working on this, but I hope to have an update soon. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 4/17/2019: We are aware that some people may not be able to set up and are working to fix the issue soon. Thanks to those who posted this error message. I'll update this thread when I hear the issue is resolved. 

We recently made some updates to the Withings scale integration that require reauthorization between Withings and Fitbit. If you are unable to sync your Withings scale with Fitbit, please unlink your account and set up again. 

For information on how to manage your apps see this article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

@KateFitbit - I just realized that my Fitbit hasn't been getting weights from Withings since April, and found this thread.  Went to the Withings Connection page, and reauthenticated without a problem, however when I go to download my historical data, I'm receiving an error:

error.png

I tried reaching out to the live chat but the support representative seemed clueless that this functionality even existed and was sure that I had to reach out to Withings for this issue - even though I'm encountering it on the fitbit site.  Even if the error is on their side, seeing as how I have 0 diagnostic information/exceptions, and that the error message is being shown on the Fitbit site, I'm not reaching out to Withings.  This should be something the devs would handle starting from Fitbit, seeing as how they should have access to provide Withings further information.

Best Answer

Looks like it's stopped working again.

I weigh daily.. nothing has changed but Fitbit stopped receiving the data on Tuesday 28th May (which is exactly 1 month after I last linked it) and clicking to download historical data results in the same error as the poster above. Withings dashboard itself receiving the data fine as is my other Withings integration.

Unlinking and re-linking it all on the fitbit site and it came back again.. so I suspect there is an issue with the authorisation expiring and fitbit not automatically renewing it.

Will report to fitbit chat also.

Best Answer
After years I finally changed my Fitbit with an Apple Watch! It’s full integrated with other apps and devices. Fitbit it’s a too close system... Bye Fitbit! See you never! 😡
Best Answer

Mine had not been working since April. Last week I found the site/wizard to re-setup the link between Withings and Fitbit, and it worked. Forward to today and I realized that it hasn't synced since - it's almost like it only syncs existing data at the point in time that you go through the wizard and doesn't continue periodic syncing. I couldn't find a way to force a sync without going through the wizard again.

I did the wizard again today and it populated the new values since last week, but I'm not expecting that it will automatically sync going forward. Is anybody else having success with it syncing on its own recently?

Best Answer

Mine is working fine since they fixed the issue. Also many issues with syncing dissapearwd with the newest updates of the fitbit up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings is throwing a 404 error. Am trying to attempt to resync my Withings scale with the Fitibit app.

Best Answer

This Nokia scale and Fitbit device combo is the gift that keeps on giving. After a simple link setup, so many subsequent issues to simply keep a link / reestablish / refresh comms between the scale and Fitbit app , something which both companies ADVERTISED as compatible when I purchased their respective devices and put our whole family into this setup. We are now experiencing gaps in MONTHS without syncs, and lots of crappy trawling through this forum and half baked patches / relinks / fixes. Now the sync page itself provided by Fitbit is in 404 error, “we can’t find that page” !!!!! Seriously - I so regret purchasing these several fitbit devices I get nothing but grief from my family about these products

Best Answer

what I am trying to say is that, after a year plus of issues, it is overdue time Fitbit and Nokia invested a modicum of their own time and effort each to resolve. You can patently see your customers have spent hours in frustrated research, posts here, and following half baked fixes that do not permanently resolve the issues raised. JUST GET ON WITH IT NOW! This is my last, heartfelt appeal to Fitbit especially, up your game or lose our custom permanently. Spending so much time over such extended period on a lifestyle device that is meant to make one’s daily existence easier is beyond irony. SORT IT OUT !!!!!!!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This link is broken/404 again and my Withings won't sync to Fitbit again.

Best Answer

Mine synced up until today!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Was working fine since they fixed it several months ago but
stopped working as of today.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat.  Fitbit fixed it once, so hopefully they can do it again, and quickly.  If they kept notes maybe it won't take as long as it did before.  Fingers crossed!!!!

However, it is concerning that the link https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings does not work.  Maybe that would be a good starting point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@varleneJust talked to customer support via web chat. He said the site went down yesterday (accurate) and have been working on it since. No ETA as to completion yet though, but he said it is being worked on and will be up ASAP.

Best Answer

Given their revenue problems, and in particular, the horrendous launch of the premium service which is getting terrible reviews, I would not be surprised if support for this kind of thing gets progressively worse or eliminated.

Or, one strong possibility is they make integrations a premium feature as a means to force people into the 10 bucks a month plan. They will likely deny on the forum, but reading the writing on the wall, given how desperate the company is for recurring revenue, it would not surprise me one bit if that is the direction they go.

Best Answer

That's fair, but if they do decide to make integrations premium, their APIs (from what I can tell) are open source/available on the fitbit website. So rather than pay for integrations, I'll probably create an app to sync withings and fitbit (similar to one someone else made to sync fitbit and google fit)

Best Answer

Yeah, this page is dead for me. https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

Fitbit and Withing stopped synching for me on 9/17. 

Best Answer

Mine stopped working tuesday. Last succesfull sync was 17th of September. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cph015 Yes please! I'd welcome such an app. It's absurd that these two companies can't get their act together for what the customers want. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I click through that page I get:

This page isn’t working

oauth.withings.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500
Best Answer