Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings not syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/3/2019: The connection should now be working for everyone. Please reconnect your scale again. Thanks again for for your patience.  

Update 4/29/2019: Hi Everyone, our team is still looking into this issue. I've passed all your feedback and concerns on to the team and hope to have an update soon. Thanks again for your patience. 

Update 4/23/2019:  We are still working on this, but I hope to have an update soon. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 4/17/2019: We are aware that some people may not be able to set up and are working to fix the issue soon. Thanks to those who posted this error message. I'll update this thread when I hear the issue is resolved. 

We recently made some updates to the Withings scale integration that require reauthorization between Withings and Fitbit. If you are unable to sync your Withings scale with Fitbit, please unlink your account and set up again. 

For information on how to manage your apps see this article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

I just chatted with support and reported this issue as well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just had an email and fitbit are denying that this is even an issue!!! I'm sick and tired if all of this now. I use it to help my severely disabled body @KateFitbit and the stress is causing it to deteriorate ironically!!! 

Best Answer

@Georgia0802 so they're gaslighting us now too. Super fun.

"But it works - our systems say there isn't a problem, so despite a thread with over 11 pages and counting detailing the problem, every one of them is wrong and we are right".

Stunning.

Best Answer
It's absolutely ridiculous! I think I am just going to get a samsung tracker and be done with it! This is meant to make me friggin life easier and I'm just done with the stress!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The site for setting this up is not working.  Any ETA?

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

Best Answer
I've downloaded that iftt and even that's not working anymore....give me strength lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that IFTT isn't working either is pretty good evidence that they've shut this feature down and just not had the guts to announce this.

Do they think we're idiots? "Hey, we're tired of supporting integration with competitors. Let's shut down integration, say we're not shutting down integration, and just let these parasites that don't buy premium or use our scale that doesn't work as well figure it out on their own".

I am not saying that's how the conversation went, but I've heard similar kinds of conversations around products in companies that are not doing well.

Best Answer
That probably is the exact conversation! I am extremely tired of this. I've got a samsung phone so makes sense that I give up and buy a gear really I just generally liked Fitbit. It's a shame really that they are point blank refusing to listen to anybody.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung here too. I'd switch to a Sammy watch tomorrow except for the facts that they're a bit pricey, and again Withings still doesn't sync into S-Health. Also Samsung Health is not a great app. I've got information syncing into it from Fitbit and MFP but honestly I don't find it as intuitive and easy to follow as Fitbit. And that's even after that lame dashboard update.

Problem is, we're all getting different responses from Fitbit on this. I got "you don't appear to have a Withings account linked" - oh yes I do -, and a further email saying they're escalating my case upwards to find a resolution. Others are being told there's no issues.

Really is all sounding fishy to me. If it wasn't for the fact that the account linking webpage disappeared at the same time I'd happily say it's a glitch, but the loss of that webpage makes me very suspicious

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really dont want to switch and I dont like s health either! I got exactly the same response from them as you. What that actually means I really have no idea to be honest. Hopefully during working hours we will get a half decent response at least!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a corresponding post on the Withings forum yet? If so, can someone cross link it from here?

If you're on twitter, please consider retweeting this to see if we can raise some awareness:
https://twitter.com/chriswithers13/status/1176051575481090049

Best Answer
0 Votes

This Twitter thread leaves some hope. Fitbit says they are working on it.

https://twitter.com/kris_rothe/status/1175059735663366145?s=19

Best Answer

I also tweeted and I noticed the happy talk/non-answering of @Kris_rothe thread.

Aaron Erickson 🥑
@AaronErickson
·
Sep 21
Please let us know if this is an intentional break of integration between the devices. If it is, admit it, and let us seek alternatives instead of waiting. If not, please provide a timetable for when you expect this to be fixed.

Kristina
@Kris_rothe
·
Sep 21
Sometimes bug fixing timelines are difficult to predict (although if you have an ETA,
@FitbitSupport
, it would be great to see :)). They did already respond that they are working on it.

Fitbit Support
@FitbitSupport
·
20h
We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the inconvenience that this has brought you. Our team currently working to identify a resolution and continuously working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. We'll be here if you have any other concerns.

They hope to fix it soon!  Was it intentional, who knows.  But if it wasn't and I was a carful reader, I would have answered in the negative--"no, not intentional!  we would never leave our beloved Fitbit users in the lurch.  We are on it and should have a fix soon."  The actual response is the usual non-response, I got the same non-response response.

Here is mine: https://twitter.com/djleahy22/status/1175823272492974080?s=20

Best Answer

I just got a new fitbit. It's my third one. However  if they are intentionally breaking Withings support, then I will probably switch to a Withings watch. They look so much nicer anyways and I'd only have one company to deal with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark1 has modified WeightNet so that instead of transmitting in .1 kgs to Fitbit it transmits in .1 lbs.

It works wonderfully and seems like a good workaround.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - 

Our team is currently aware that as of last Thursday, Withing scales users are unable to access the Withings link and may not be able to sync or setup their scale with Fitbit. We are working on a fix and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you very much for your patience and reports. 

Please follow this thread for updates. 

Since this thread is on an older, resolved issue, I'll be closing it for further reports to keep things tidy. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer