Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfitnesspal - doubling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have issues with the syncing with my fitness pal. I would like to carry on using it as the calorie logging is great but when I log my fitness it doubles up. Is there any way to make sure that when I log my fitness it goes into the activity log - so the 30 mins of exercise is attributed to a spin class?

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

@Jojoflojo Do you have other apps that are connected to Fitbit and also connected to MyFitnessPal? If you connect multiple apps together, then that would be the reason why it sends a duplicate to Fitbit.

Say for instance I'm using Fitbit + Strava + MyFitnessPal and I have them all connected to each other. If I record a GPS activity with Surge, it will send that activity to Strava, then Strava will send that activity to MyFitnessPal, which would cause MyFitnessPal to send that activity back to Fitbit (because it came from Strava).

So the data exchange would look like this: Fitbit > Strava > MyFitnessPal > Fitbit

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't log any exercise on MFP now. It picks up 'extra' calories from the workouts I log on Fitbit. However that is now a problem because if I consume all the extra calories added to my daily total on MFP, Fitbit tells me I'm over budget. There are other threads on this problem which lots of people are confused about.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does Fitbit still not show workout types on MFP feed? Is it in the works yet to do so? I believe this is why people run into problems... they are using a third app to try and get workouts posted in MFP like most other apps do... would be really cool if Fitbit could send this data to MFP as well. And then there's Apple health app and Fitbit... lol won't go there 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi, 

So I'm logging in all my meals on MyFitnessPal and using my Charge 2 together. My question is whenever my fitbit syncs for the day with my MFP and I worked out that day and entered in MANUALLY 360 calories burned int MFP - is that doubling? Or should I not enter in anything manually since I wear my fitbit and it should already be tracking those calories. HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I only log food/water in MFP and exercise on FitBit, yet my Fitbit is double counting from MFP at midnight. I just noticed this recently, but if I go to my log several months, sure enough, Fitbit has the previous days logged twice. Sometimes the information aligns to what I logged in FB and sometimes it does not. Example 7 steps, with 800+ calories burned for several hours in FB, from MFP sync at midnight.

I uninstalled and reinstalled/logged out/followed the steps. It's still not working.

Any other solutions?

Julie

Best Answer
0 Votes