Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 isn't tracking my floors accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does it not pick up how many times I go up and down the stairs correctly so annoying.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hi there @KSav17, welcome to the Community Forums. I understand why you must be feeling annoyed by this situation. 

Please know Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps.

10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights. If the floors you're climbing are shorter than 10 feet, you may find that the Fitbit tracker's floor count doesn't exactly match how many floors you've gone up. For example, if you climb 3 floors that are 8 feet tall (for a total gain of 24 feet), then the Fitbit tracker might only tell you 2 floors because it assumes that each floor is 10 feet tall.

Make sure your not holding onto the handrail with your Fitbit arm. If the tracker doesn't see that your walking, no stairs will be rewarded.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I climb stairs in my three floor home all day and mine still says 0. Sad 🙄

Best Answer

Did you try use different settings for Dominant/non Dominant arm? My Versa3 has gone crazy the opposite way, it counts hundreds of floors per day, but most is my scratching my head or some other small arm movements, which are counted as floors. It's really useless. Sadly, the latest FW update did NOT fix that either.

Best Answer

Just got a congratulatory message on climbing 125 floors - I was sitting down for most of them...

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. According to Versa 3 I am climbing150-300 stairs a day. I have done all the recommended things. I walk a ton of steps a day but rarely do more that 15 flights of stairs a day. 

Best Answer

Crazy Floor Readings 

On those results (link above), it seems that I've climbed over 450 floors. Realistically, I'm on a beach, there are no stairs here. 

Is there a possible issue on the way the device is reading stairs? I've only ran a few miles here and there, but I haven't made.any drastical change in my altitude.

I'm using my recently purchased Versa 3 on my non dominant hand.

Best Answer

I just "upgraded" from Versa to Versa 3. My Versa more or less recorded stairs accurately, but the Versa 3 does not. I'd gone up and down stairs 3 times and Versa 3 says none. It has nothing to do with stair height, since the original Versa could tell. Yes, annoying.

Best Answer

I've experienced the complete opposite. Today I "climbed* 300 floors while teaching at a school that had only one level. Yesterday it was 250. Wished I had the sculpted legs of such a climber.

Screenshot_20210203-210642.png

Best Answer

Has anyone found a fix for overcounting?  I also have experienced increased floors over the last month.  I've tried adjusting the strap (worn loose and tight), reset it, etc.  It just started happening over the last month.   

Best Answer

Fitbit, when are you going to fix this problem? Today my Versa 3 tells me that I have climbed 38 floors while I have not climbed !!

Best Answer

My fitbit says I climb 100's of flights of staris daily???  Today I have already done 26, when in reality I have done 6.  Can this be fixed??  It is very frustrating.

thanks

Best Answer

Apparently I cloned 53 floors on Thursday. I definitely didn't!

Best Answer

And I apparently climbed 62 floors, I laugh, I didn't do that, there really is a problem with our Fitbit watches !!!

Best Answer

Today, it says I've climbed 50 flights.... I have been in my kitchen all day baking. I came down the stairs for breakfast, walked up them to clean my teeth and back down again to start baking. I make that 1 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:😂 I think fitbit have a problem!

Best Answer

I find it so interesting, many people here are complaining of too many floors being counted. Many mornings, after going up and down the stairs a couple of times, I'll comment to my husband, "I've levitating again." No stairs counted. Other times, It counts them. Seems random.

Best Answer

I think Fitbit should refrain from releasing features if they are not fully operational or repair the problem quickly!!!!

Best Answer

My husband and I just returned from an outing with our dogs to a nearby village. Step count different but not a huge margin at 9427 for him and 8717 for me. Floors climbed 15 for him and 144 for me. This is really frustrating. My old versa was just fine at counting flights of stairs. In fact during the strict lock down, I started climbing an external staircase for a work out and used my versa to track. 

Best Answer

My Versa 3 definitely counts *way* more floors than I climb (between 40 & 60) - which at this point is over the maybe 2 floors I climb at home, as my current workplace is all on 1 level.  Everything else seems to measure fairly accurately. Weird

Best Answer

WHAT A SAD JOKE !

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 06.58.22.png

Best Answer