Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was very excited to get my Versa 3, but...

Text messages don't show - can't read or answer them.

Calls occasionally (rarely) show on the screen, and when they do I can't answer them from the Versa 3.

Screen doesn't light up even if I snap my wrist sharply - have to either have a battery-consuming "always on" face or push the button to see the time, so I can't see the time without using 2 hands.

Speaking of the button - it's hard to find the right place to press. 

Email doesn't show up.

Can't get Alexa to work; the microphone on the Versa 3 doesn't work.

SpO2 only records if you wear the watch to bed - doesn't show real-time Sp02. Why display last night's reading all day long? And you need a specific screen to show Sp02?! Poor design.

I haven't even tried to load a payment option on it since everything else barely/sporadically works at best.

It must be synced with my phone since a call notification occasionally comes through, but so far it's a **ahem**. I will try to contact Fitbit for advice.

So it's pretty much non-functional for most of the advertised capabilities. Very disappointing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I am having the same issues with my fit bit versa 3

Best Answer

Agreed. Same issues here. Huge disappointment.

Best Answer

I just sent mine back for an exchange because I was so excited about the "capabilities" of the Versa 3. I hope mine was a dud and the 2nd one is better, but I kinda doubt it. I'll post here either way when I get my replacement. Thanks for the comment.

Best Answer

the same problem !!!

Best Answer

Hi @Marlee_SP@sisinio@KateB1985, and @SunsetRunner.

We're sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Versa 3. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. That being said, we recommend following the steps provided in the following help articles:

On a side note, please know Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 or higher and Android OS 7.0 or higher. For the latest list of devices that support the Fitbit app for Android, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone or tablet meets the minimum operating system requirements.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. I have exchanged my Versa 3 for another, so
hopefully it was a glitch with the one I had. I will follow the information
in the link when the new one arrives. My cell is a Samsung S9+ so it should
be working with the Versa 3.
Thank you,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi there @Marlee_SP, you're very welcome. I'm glad to hear that your new Versa 3 is on its way! 😉 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do for you. Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!  I am having all the same issues listed above and have only had my new fitbit for about a week. How can I get these things resolved?

Best Answer
I exchanged mine for another thinking perhaps I just got a lemon. The
replacement was even worse so I returned it too.
I think this device was released before it was working right.
Best Answer

These are my issues too! I've had it for less than a week and I can't even synch mine up without hitting "forget this device" every time I want to synch. And when I tried it just now, it won't even find my device. Plus, the "versa 3 controls" is always unable to connect to bluetooth. So frustrated at this very good looking but overpriced watch. 

Best Answer

I also think I will break my wrist trying to get this thing to wake up, answering calls is a no go, can only reject calls, no notifications from facebook etc

It says shortcuts for the four corners of the screen are activated but none work.

I had reset it to factory defaults twice. Why on earth would you charge £200 for something like this???

Even more frustrated coz I wanted it so much and I skipped on the Garmin SQ for this.

Best Answer

I am having most of the same issues. I returned my first Versa 3 thinking I purchased a defective device. I have had my second one now about a week and some of the problems I experienced with the initial watch I have not experienced with my new one, however, It is still have issues.

The watch has only provide a sleep score one of the nights I have worn it, which has been roughly 7 nights. I have tried wearing it tighter, then looser, I tried a full charge, I tried rebooting, deleting the app and redownloading, etc...nothing has worked.This was one of the many issues I had with the first watch. 

Sync issues as well. My phone is a Samsung S10+, a relatively newer phone.

I am chalking this up to - it must be a defective device...again.   

I have friends with the Versa 2 that have not experienced this issue, I am going to return this Versa 3 and keep my fingers crossed the Versa 2 works better, if not, onto another brand. 

Best Answer

Currently using the Garmin Vivosmart 4 - "upgrading" because I wanted a band change - might be a mistake.

I am very tech savvy & so far I am NOT impressed with the Versa 3 !!   I have been dicking around for 2 days just getting this thing to work.

Waited FIVE days (not including the weekend) for sluggish FedEx to deliver my "2 Day" shipping Versa 3.  

Updates take FOREVER (waaay longer than the 20 min. FitBit suggests).- "updating now for the SECOND time!!  

If this is such a major update, why didn't they update it before shipping UGH!!!  UX PEOPLE UX, design & USER FRIENDLINESS !!!

It connects with my phone whenever... VERY sporatic.

The display was STUCK on dim - hence the reset & 2nd update - VERY frustrating.

I've only had this since yesterday.  Who knows what bugs lie ahead????   Perhaps I received a dud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let me know.  I'm making up my mind whether or not I want my money back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, TEST TEST TEST !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought I received a dud the first time so I exchanged mine...the 2nd was
even worse, never connected at all to the phone for texts or calls.
Not only did Fitbit not improve the 3, it seems like they went backward and
it's far worse than the original Versa or the 2.
None of my Fitbits, including the original Charge, lasted much more than a
year. I'm done.
Best Answer
Thanks for letting me know! Here's to hoping Google does a better job as
the Versa 3 is NOT ready for prime time!
Best Answer
I Strongly recommand to ask for a full refund. They are aware of the Sync issues but doesn't seem to work fast enought to solve it! Me i asked for refund and will never buy from FITBIT again. FINISH they lost a customer

Envoyé depuis mon BlackBerry - l'appareil mobile le plus sûr - à partir du réseau Bell
Best Answer

*** UPDATE ***

Since the 2nd update all seems to be functioning properly!  The Versa 3 seems to have "made friends" with my phone & corrected most if its idiosyncrasies.

So on to recording some exercising & healthy living!!

Best Answer
0 Votes