Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps not working on Versa 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all. I just recently saw that Google Maps got added to the Versa 4 on the Fitbit app and I have installed the google maps app on my Fitbit app. However, when I go to my google maps on my phone and begin navigating, my Versa 4 does not pick up that I am navigating. The auto-start feature and the drive feature are enabled on both the app and the watch. I am not sure what is going on and why I cannot get google maps to work on my watch. I have the Versa 4 watch, a Samsung S22 plus version 13 (tiramishu). 

Any help or tips would be great! Thank you! 

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

I recently bought the Versa 4 and was looking forward to using Google Maps on the smartwatch.

I am unable to see the Google Maps tile under my profile on the Fitbit App. I tried to see if my app was up to date and it is.

I am an android user and was expecting the feature to work on my phone. Nothing so far. Has the update not been released in India yet? 

Am I missing something? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not released yet and Google Wallet doesn't work as it should (see the many posts about this).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually both services have been released (see official Fitbit blog entry here ) but Fitbit has withdrawn the release of Google Map and in their typical fashion they don't care to inform the users about the matter.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Any updates? @LizzyFitbit 

Best Answer

Hi is there any update on this, I've just bought my versa 4 and it does not connect to GPS, though all permissions on ohone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update? Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TinaLS no update, 

As for your GPS ( an unrelated subject) the Versa 4 has its own GPS, no phone needs to be with you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue got that model for the map too and to my surprise google map is not in the app store... in fact there are no app at all... I'm I missing something?

For the GPS, I went for hiking yesturday and I had to pull out my phone, unlock , open fitbit app on the phone for my watch to stop complaining about not finding GPS signal (5 minutes) 3 days ago, my Versa 2 had non of those issues. This upgrade to Versa 4 is a total waste of time ans money.  Sorry to say but... it is a huge downgrade

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details and screenshots provided. We're aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You were eager to tell everyone that 3.73 is out and fixed syncing with Samsung flip phone, but despite the 'bugs & fixes', there is still no Google Maps on the Versa 4. With no updates other than the scripted 'we're aware of the issue and are working it', I'm not confident the Versa 4 will have Google Maps. The clock is ticking before people begin returning their Versas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only that, the latest reply by @LizzyFitbit is also marked as Best Answer!!

In the meanwhile I would like to highlight that the greatest devices by Fitbit are being sold with the features already available (for Android, iOS coming soon). 

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

We really should ask @LizzyFitbit to stop marking her model answer as the best answer for all threads. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From yesterday it works 

16741213114305773586010439138096.jpg

Best Answer

Hi, it is still not working for me. I cannot even see Google Maps option in Fitbit App today. By the way Fitbit App got updated in my mobile phone and it is version 3.73 now. Regards,

have just checked and now I can see Google Maps option in Fitbit App and it works fine in the watch.

Best Answer

Nope. Still not there for me or my Pixel Pro with version 3.73 installed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It appeared for me this evening, pixel 7. Tested and working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted and reinstalled the app. It's now there 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lots of users are reporting its working now for their Sense 2.

Anyone confirm for Versa 4? (i have iOS).

Just need Google Wallet to work now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's working for me on my Versa 4 with Android.

The Google Maps tile reappeared today morning in the Fitbit App. Navigation on the watch is working as expected.

Best Answer

@honglong1976 Working like a charm now. On Android though. Implementing this feature for iOS users still is in development.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer