Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps not working on Versa 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all. I just recently saw that Google Maps got added to the Versa 4 on the Fitbit app and I have installed the google maps app on my Fitbit app. However, when I go to my google maps on my phone and begin navigating, my Versa 4 does not pick up that I am navigating. The auto-start feature and the drive feature are enabled on both the app and the watch. I am not sure what is going on and why I cannot get google maps to work on my watch. I have the Versa 4 watch, a Samsung S22 plus version 13 (tiramishu). 

Any help or tips would be great! Thank you! 

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Thank you for the additional information! That makes sense. It's very frustrating that their own support people don't know this or they don't offer the information. Why not just tell users they're working on a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I have questions.
    Fitbit versa 4.
    I'm in the UK there is no option to download Google maps why?
    When I track my exercise I don't get a map read out, I get all the stats and everything but no map, yes my GPS is on yes all the settings are permission granted blah blah why don't I get a map of my route?
    Why when I set the watch brightness to full does it instantly go back to dim? Why does the spo2 function sometimes completely disappear off the app?
    And the craziest thing of all why have you taken off Spotify? listen to your customers.
    So far I'm not impressed.
Best Answer

If you could pretend to care, I would greatly appreciate it 

@LizzyFitbit I have the latest firmware version installed on my versa 4. Google Maps is not on my Fitbit. Since I deleted it, how do I get it back? If it's not possible to redownload it there should have been a warning somewhere. I was hoping by reinstalling it the issues that I was having with Google Maps would fix itself. It didn't work and now I can't reinstall Google Maps. Can you please help me? Thanks. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information, and every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry you're having this inconvenience with the Google Maps app not showing up on your Versa 4. Let me share this situation has been reported to our team so they can further investigate.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and rest assured I'll update this tread as soon as I have more details from our team.

Best Answer

I had to sync my fitbit to my wife's phone. The app on my phone will not show the google maps tile but it does on her phone. Updated my device through her phone to install google maps and then set it back up with my phone. The tile does not show up on the app on my phone but is now on my fitbit. Hope that helps

Best Answer

@Leetrissthanks for sharing your solution. Can you please disclose your cell phone's make, model, and Android version; as well, your wife's?

Thank you, again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to keep trying. Is it supposed to work at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yancheng90_0-1672996735407.png

Would you agree this is false advertising then?

This is misleading and will continue to generate more fru

strated customers. Google maps simply doesn't run on the Versa 4. The fitbit store should consider removing this as a promised feature till the bugs involved are solved.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit Stop marking active open issues as solved, they CLEARLY are not and you're just trying to boost your stats from the looks of it. Do your job or don't pretend to be a community moderator!!

Best Answer

@Ixxtabb there is nothing in this thread showing that the issue is solved. I do see that, possibly the OP marked an answer as best answer. Currently the best answer, at bast, can explain that fitbit is aware of the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google 7 Pixel Pro, Google Maps on phone, but no Google Maps tile on Versa 4. Contacted customer service 4 times, deleted the app, reset the Versa 4, restarted the phone, and still Google Maps isn't even listed as an app to be added. False advertising in promoting Google Maps available on Android devices. Considering returning it altogether and switching to Galaxy 4. :star: Out of 5 🤬

Best Answer

I don't think Google Wallet works either. 

Best Answer

Never managed to get it working. I press start navigation on the phone and nothing happens even with autostart enabled. Fitbit app in the tracker simply says no navigation available 🤷

Best Answer
0 Votes

A week ago; "Your feedback is truly appreciated and rest assured I'll update this tread as soon as I have more details from our team.

Happy New Year. Is there any update yet?

Best Answer

Correct, the app was not working as expected, and as mentioned, been removed until The kinks have been resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem @Rich_Laue is that Fitbit has been completely silent about the problem and is once again showing a complete lack of respect towards the users.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

New purchasers of the Fitbit Versa 4 are not any the wiser and won't be till Fitbit is honest about its promised features.

Screenshot_20230110_082255.jpg

https://www.fitbit.com/global/sg/products/smartwatches/versa4?utm_medium=sem&utm_source=google&utm_c...

Best Answer

What is your issue with the Bluetooth calls? Mine works just at described, are you having issues with that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yancheng90 you should be removing your tracking info before pisting. 

Phone calls work, I would suggest starring a new thread, and include the phone model. 

@Dopovo this is a community forum. fitbit usually doesn't post here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Exactly what I mean, Fitbit didn't post anywhere about it.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes