Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Cannot Turn off DND/Sleep Mode now. Every Morning for Work i turn OFF DND/Sleep Mood, ensuring I get notifications throughout the day.

When I get home, I try to maintain some distance from phones etc etc, and every single evening I put both DND and sleep mode on. 

The morning after this update when I went to turn off sleep mode it said "Locked for Do Not Disturb", but Dnd  says "Locked while in sleep mode". I'm stuck in this cycle. 

FB mod please don't suggest restarting, reseting, deleting any app or device because I have done all of this. 

Best Answer

Have you tried scheduling sleep mode/DND? I use schedule mode (under Sleep mode in settings) and set a time from 11:00 PM until 6:00 AM every night. 

Best Answer

my versa 4 is broke after thsi update. Had an issue in excersie mode and  my fitbit was dead after that . Tried everything  form  Hard reset to factory reset  and removed  app, reinstall app  , moved the account to google . nothing worked. You guys do not have software testing testing apparently as so many people posted about this. This is happenning with new trackers and they are good to return ; but for me unfortunatly it is not replaceable as i got a replacement few days ago for another wrist call issue. 

Totally bad experience  😞

Best Answer

I have 192.86 on my v4 but I dont see any "clock" app to change clock faces.

Best Answer

After the update, the Sleep (do not disturb) won't stay put where I used to until I poke it when I arise.  It unpins itself.  Maybe there is some subliminal feature added to that feature.  I'm a noob to this, but other features seem intact.

Best Answer

Same here. It says it is not able to track heart rate during sleep.  Never had this problem before.  This update is a disaster!

Best Answer

Still unable to update my firmware, and therefore my tracker is not synced to my phone. Any support available to troubleshoot? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

WHY AREN‘T THERE NEW APPS TO INSTALL ON THE FITBIT VERSA 4????

There are way too few apps available to justify the price! It would be very nice if there was a calculator, games to play and a notes app. That would make the watch WAY better!

Best Answer

games might be overkill but at least a simple Music control.

Best Answer

I shouldn’t base any conclusions on a sample of one but I went bike riding for the first time since the update and the GPS was way more accurate than before.  One problem was when I clicked on the map, the app froze and the map went away.  I don’t know if that’s an app issue or the firmware update…I’ll try again another day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no "Clock" app like with the older versions of Versa and Sense.
For the Versa 4, you long press on the clock face and then you can swipe
left & right for the available clocks.

I agree that the Clock app would've been nice, but this is what we have
Best Answer

I just tried your suggestion...

I'm able to toggle Focus Mode on /off, but in both on and off mode all the other options are dark, so i can't click on them at all! 

Thank you anyways! 

Best Answer

@TonyInCali I was able to see all the clock faces by doing a long press on the existing one on my wife's Versa 4. I also changed clock faces as well. It's a good new feature that works well. 

Best Answer

After updating my watch I have noticed the calorie burn function is significantly low compared to normal. For example it’s now 2 pm and I have been to the gym and on a run and also walked. Yet my calories burnt for the day are only 800 which cannot be right. Please advise 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe it was a simple fix.  I had the "Daytime" Do Not Disturb selected.  Apparently you have to unselect the solid circle with a dash in it then select the Sleepytime moon symbol.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, can you advise the tech team to focus on geting a fix for the versa 4 update failing issue? Please check the forums, there are hundreds of people experiencing the same problems and it has been weeks. Could Fitbit take this matter seriously and give valuable customers a solution asap! If they can give us a timeframe it will be great. Thanks!

Best Answer

Since I've updated I cannot get my android to pair with my fitbit. I no longer have text or calls coming through 🙄

Best Answer

I can no longer see the daily step total or distance walked on my Versa 4

Best Answer

Have you tried shutting off your Versa 4 and restarting it? Hold the power button for a few seconds and when the screen prompts you, press yes. It will turn off. Then wait about 15 seconds and hold the power button for a few seconds. You should see the green Fitbit symbol meaning it is powering on. Wait a bit and it should be back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My step count just quadrupled! I completed the firmware update about a month ago and this thing is still not working properly! What can be done? I am not happy!
Pamela 🦋
Best Answer