Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

@KVMum wrote:

@LizzyFitbit Sorry I didn't tag you on my last post.

The problem is not with the prompt to complete the firmware update - the watch does connect with the app successfully and the app does tell me that I need to update. When updating the firmware, the process stops after one second:

The app connects successfully with the watch, app displays "downloading" and watch displays same update - BUT - for only one second.

Note - just ran through the same process again in a different wifi location. Same results.

I have exactly the same problem with my new Versa 4, worked perfectly initially, now useless as the update won't complete. Tried all the suggested solutions and still stuck with "Trying to Connect" on the screen, even though the battery percentage is updated on the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Brand new Versa 4, wore for half a day until it said update required and now won't connect - even though my phone app is saying it's synced. ALL I get is this screen (below) - I have tried restarting the watch, my phone, the wifi, bluetooth, and connecting to my laptop... NOTHING works!

20231230_201021.jpg

Best Answer

Don't do it!

Best Answer

Same. I called them yesterday and they weren’t able to resolve. They are saying it’s apples iOS software. But it makes sense it might be Fitbit update because it happened as soon as I hit update.  I have same stick screen. They are supposed to email me after I talk to them about our case and I didn’t receive an email yet. They are also supposed to email me once they have a resolution because apparently this is a great big issue that everybody is having and they don’t know the answer yet. Frustrating I bought my Fitbit on Black Friday for my mom and I for Christmas so we just opened them on Christmas Day and we were so excited to use them. Worked for a few days and now this. Bummer. 😞

Best Answer

This is absolutely freaking ridiculous, no answer on here or by email. I'm going to have to return the useless $250 watch that was a gift to myself

@LizzyFitbit  As a single mum this was a huge expense and I'm so bloody disappointed with FitBit. Absolutely pathetic customer service and communication. Real great update guys, congratulations on stuffing up hundreds of dollars for so many people 😡

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new community members.

@KVMum Thanks for trying these other steps, and sharing more details about the issue. I'm sorry this happened to your Versa 4. I contacted our team and I was told that a case was already created for you. It seems they sent you an email with more information, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

@dini77 Thanks for sharing your concerns. I understand how much you'd like to try the features, and I appreciate your feedback regarding the firmware update. As you may know, we're always working to improve our devices, and the comments shared by our members are a big part of the process. The best recommendation is to keep the Fitbit app and watch updated so the rest of the features can work correctly; however, you can continue monitoring the forums to decide when to do it. If you have any difficulty, please know you can always let us know through this channel or by contacting our Support team

@C182 Thanks for letting me know about your watch and trying the suggested steps. I've requested a case on your behalf so our team can further investigate and bring a resolution for you. You'll receive an email from them shortly.

@Cat1408 and @merdmier Thanks for the information and pictures provided. I'm sorry you continue having issues to update your Versa 4. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and because you already have contacted our team, I've forwarded your posts so they can have them on hand. Rest assured that your case is in good hands, and my best advice is to keep an open communication with them.

@Guy_ Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

Best Answer

I would suggest anyone to wait to install it. Since installation heart rate and sleep tracking is not working anymore for me. I have noticed the green light on the back of the device is not blinking anymore, so it looks like after the update the heart rate sensor on the watch is not working at all.

Best Answer

no, my sense 4 disconnects the second I begin the update and now it seems to be stuck in an update required loop. I'm contacting Fitbit for a refund. 

----

it's not an iPhone issue. I've tried all troubleshooting on both android and iPhone with the same result.

A second after pressing download update it disconnects and ends up timing out at about the 20-minute mark. now I'm stuck in an update loop with a useless watch.

----

my sense 4 disconnects the second I begin the update and now it seems to be stuck in an "update required" loop.
ive tried all troubleshooting suggestions on both an iPhone and Android phone.

Best Answer

Ever since I updated my Versa 4, it has been in a loop as seen in these images. It cannot stay on for a second.😡1704195801333.jpg1704195601703.jpg

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit 

I have tried every single suggestion for getting detailed sleep data, including the suggestion of wearing it on the opposite wrist and turning off my app at night. I’m only getting the simplified data. I received detailed data the first week I wore my watch( the first week in  December ).  Then- nothing more than simplified (My heart rate is being recorded).
I contacted Support three times, tried each of their suggestions.  Then,  my case was sent to a special support team who emailed me promptly. After a few emails back-and-forth, with none of their suggestions ( all of which I had tried previously by the way )working, they decided to send me a new device.  
Well ——Same exact issue.  
It’s obviously an update/app issue. I want to know when it is going to be fixed. In this forum , I see no responses from Fitbit that they are trying to fix the havoc that’s been caused from the update and or app issues. Is something being worked on?

Best Answer

I am having the same issues as a lot of users ave pointed out about watch going into an update loop.The most frustrating part is for fitbit to close support case unilaterally wihout giving any reslolution and instead stating that case was closed due to "inactivity" from user end. As long as problem is not resolved, how can the case be closed? 

Unresonable to expect paying customers to keep opening cases everytime fitbit closes them without resolution and simply say "we are aware.We are working on it".

Best Answer

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 I got a detailed sleep analysis last night. Maybe problems have been addressed and fixed.  Fingers crossed that this is permanent! 

Best Answer

Same. And still not resolved. It’s been several days and they have not resolved. They are “working on it” they say. Ugggh.  I want to use my new watch but I’m very disappointed I can’t get it to update and get past that. It is stuck in this update mode. Can’t do anything else with it. Very frustrating

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I cannot update my Versa 4 and have lost access to the device. Its stuck trying to connect. The support team mentioned that this is a known problem and that i will receive an email . Havent received anything .When is a fix for this coming?  

Best Answer

The fix is a new device.

----

they are sending me a replacement 

Best Answer

How did you make that happen? I have had one email in 6 days after my support request!

Best Answer

I completed the update and now my Versa 4

image.jpg

thinks it’s April 13 and jumped an hour ahead. It also won’t sync to the app now. I’ve tried shutting down and restarting but it doesn’t fix itself. Def some bugs in this update!

Best Answer

Hi, I can’t find the hack. Do you know where I can see this? Thanks … exasperated in London 😉

Best Answer

Keep replying to the same email address, or I should say 'forward' so you have the email trail. I've just sent my device back and will await a replacement. Hopefully the firmware bug or whatever it is, is fixed by the time a new device arrives!

Best Answer

Mine tracks but only shows on the app until I force stop and restart it or shut down the Fitbit and restart it.

Best Answer