Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Firmware Update 194.86

11/29 Update: This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device? If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.86 for Versa 4 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Versa 4. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198
I called the Support contact number three times and had conversations with three different people.
They then said they would send it to A specialized support team who then emailed me the next day with their suggestions. They did follow up! I emailed them back immediately stating I had tried those things. The next day I got another reply. I was assertive that I had been trying all of their suggestions and that they needed to help me fix this since I had been Fitbit wearer for over 10 years.
However, after the last exchange, they closed my case, and when I emailed saying them, saying the new devices sleep information had not worked, they replied saying they closed the case because they hadn’t heard from me in a while (I was out of town for five days and had waited to try the new device they sent me)!!!!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I believe Fitbit should own the issues they are causing with this firmware update. For people like me that are not covered by warranty they cannot simply say "sorry it is out of warranty, too bad". As per general consumer protection principles, if a product or update provided by the manufacturer causes damage to the device, the manufacturer is typically held responsible for addressing such issues.

Best Answer

I went into the same problem with the disconnect on updating my watch. Didn't work all the time but suddenly it worked. But this time I wear the watch. Not sure why this should make a different but it helped. I also called the support line so it can be that they fix something.

Best Answer
I got up at 6:00am, and by 7:00am, I had over 300,000 steps! It is now 1:34 pm, I have over 1,000,000! Why FITBIT, WHY? So disappointed!
Pamela 🦋
Best Answer

I tried this out and it works! Got the watch connection and display back.

Wearing the watch and trying the update again worked. Could be they fixed the tracker software or maybe something about wearing the watch caused update to go through.

All people facing same issues, give it  try!

Best Answer

I encountered the same problem. I came across a piece of information that someone had success with an older version of the Fitbit app, specifically version 3.9, and it worked for me too. I suggest you try using the older version and then attempt to update the watch.

----

this worked for me . Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting any sleep information at all since the update. I’ve done all the disconnecting, restarting, syncing, etc. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
How do I find /load the older 3.9 version?
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So my Weather Tile keeps malfunctioning and I have to reset the Watch OR Phone to fix, I also have all the tile apps on the watch and I have UNINSTALLED almost all of them yet they won't disappear so I have to scroll through everything to use the ones I want. How do I get a refund from Fitbit for this?

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

@ilsanto@PiQue1010@Wolks and @GwendyMc Thanks for the information, the pictures and time taken while working on this matter. I understand where you're coming from and I apologize for this inconvenience. We constantly work on our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. 

I'd like to clarify that our team works on every case individually and based on our Warranty Policy. Because you have a case created, my best advice is to reply back to them if you need more information about their resolution.

@robbiejmsn Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your watch. I understand your point of view and I'm sorry for the difficulties that you've had with the update. I want to let you know that there was an issue with the Versa 4 not able to complete the update, which was escalated and resolved by our team.

Because you mentioned that your watch got disconnected, I'd suggest to force quit the Fitbit app, restart your watch one more time, open the Fitbit app, tap Devices at the upper left corner, tap Add More Devices and select your watch. Follow the on-screen instructions and proceed with the update when prompted.

@merdmier I understand how frustrating this has been for you, and thank you for all your efforts. I went ahead to check your details and it seems our team has already sent you an email with more information. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folders, and keep an open communication with them.

@kaelih Thanks for letting me know the steps that you've tried, and sharing a picture of your Versa 4. To look into this, may I know if you get an error message when trying to sync? As you know, the time will stay updated as long as your watch syncs often with the Fitbit app. While you've tried some steps, make sure to exhaust the ones described here. Once your watch syncs, you can try correcting the time in case it's not updated.

@Rebecca0704 Thanks for trying to force stop the Fitbit app and restart your watch. Just to confirm, do you mean that your watch doesn't sync unless you do those steps? If that's correct, let me recommend trying the rest of the steps from this help article which have worked for others.

@pcarter7 Thanks for the update. I understand your frustration and because the issue persists even after the suggestions shared before, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case on your behalf and provide you with assistance. You'll receive an email from them soon, please keep an eye on your inbox.

@Ktreatl I appreciate you for troubleshooting your watch. As you may know, there are certain factors that affect the way your watch detects sleep data, especially sleep stages. This includes, wearing the watch too loose or tight, not sleeping for more than 1 hour (3 hours for sleep stages), or sleeping in a position that prevents your watch from detecting an accurate heart rate reading. That being said, let's go to the Fitbit app, tap the sleep tile > sleep log and let me know if you get a message explaining why the sleep stages weren't recorded.

Because you've restarted your watch, try wearing it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone and sync once you're awake to check your details.

@CorShaTa I'm sorry for the issues you're having with your Versa 4, and thanks for working on this matter. So I can investigate, may I know if the issues with the Weather app as well as the other apps persist? If so, I'd recommend setting up your watch as a new device by force quitting the Fitbit app, turning off other Bluetooth connections and restarting your watch. Then, open the Fitbit app, tap Devices at the upper left corner > Add More Devices > Versa 4 and following the on-screen instructions.

In regards to your other question, we provide refunds to any order purchased from our Fitbit store that is within 45 days as described here. If your Fitbit was purchased from another retailer, please get in touch with them to evaluate your options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you lose any settings/info when you shutdown?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ordered a Versa 4, replaced it with my Versa 2. Do you think it’s worth it or will at least be some benefit? I’m tempted to cancel my order after seeing all the comments.

Best Answer

I did try those things, I have returned it since and got a versa 2 which works. I use it solely for blood glucose monitoring and weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a terrible idea to update the firmware!! Endless problems since the installation. My Bluetooth cannot pair with the updated version therefore the time is stuck on when the update took place. Tried changing the clock face. Keep getting a message stating ‘ not available device not connected’ Loads of problems trying to sync to my iPhone   Contacted Customer services. Went through every process to try get the updated version to sync with my iPhone. To no avail !  Customer Services are now sending out a replacement Versa 4. Will wait and see if I experience the same issues. 

Best Answer
I lost no data - but during the time of the issue my Fitbit collected no data.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone collected data but the time isn’t working on the clock face

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I hate my versa 4 it doesn’t sync right ever

Best Answer

Same infuriating problem here. I’m so fed up with it. 

Best Answer

Hi, I have updated my brand new Versa 4 and my face clock time won't change at all. It's stuck at 4:18 and i have tried everything I can think of to change it and nothing happens.

Best Answer

Same 

Best Answer
0 Votes