Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase screen brightness on Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is a replacement for the one I bought not quite a year ago. The face of the watch is very dim compared to the older one. I have an apple phone.  Does anyone know how I can brighten the face?

Thank You,  

Miriam 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Your2kind. And welcome to the forums! The brightness on the Versa can be adjusted. Swipe to Settings, then scroll down to Brightness. You can choose between Auto, Max, Normal and Dim. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Hi @Your2kind. And welcome to the forums! The brightness on the Versa can be adjusted. Swipe to Settings, then scroll down to Brightness. You can choose between Auto, Max, Normal and Dim. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response! Nice to know this as it makes all the difference in the world.
Thank you, Miriam

--
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart"
Hellen Keller

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

What if there is no brightness option ?

Best Answer

My versa watch has a brightness setting of dim but no option to change it???

Best Answer

No success. I swipe to settings and scroll to brightness. It’s on Dim and no amount of touching will change it. 

Best Answer

Hi "dfmgerardi".  I had (I think) the exact same problem.  Brightness set to "Dim" in settings & the Brightness control inaccessible (greyed out)...

The solution for me was that the watch was in "Sleep Mode", which locks out the Brightness controls & forces "Dim".  If this is so, take it out of Sleep Mode & all is normal again….

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion. The sleep mode option didn’t do it for me. I ended up calling customer support and by phone we went through several attempts until finally reinstalling Versa via Wi-Fi which fixed the brightness problem.
I’ve simply given up trying to use the music app. The volume control doesn’t respond. Not worth the bother since I always have my iPhone with me with playlists.
Cheers,
Don

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

figured out how to increase the screen....thank you all!

--
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart"
Hellen Keller

Moderator edit: personal info removed and all-caps

Best Answer

Dim mode on Versa. Solution I found. Apparently after update or I did it by mistake but after much research and experimentation, I found out that if your sleep mode, on yourVersa, is on then the dim mode is always on. I located the sleep mode it looks like a crescent moon and turned it off on my Fitbit. By holding in the left button I found the sleep mode indicator. By holding in the left button I found the sleep mode is located which looks like a cresant moon. If it is highlighted touch it to turn it off. Now the dim mode is also turned off. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

THANK YOU!

Best Answer

This did not help me. When I touched brightness it would not change. I figured out that my phone was in sleep mode ( I have no idea how I did that) I took it out of that and it went back so bright immediately. Go to settings ... go down until you find “Sleep Mode”. Turn it off and it will go to bright or you will be able to change to bright with the brightness tab that’s first under settings. 

Best Answer

My Versa Lite screen is suddenly dim.  It was fine a week ago.  Versa is charged. I went to settings and scrolled down.  There is nothing that will increase the brightness of the screen.  I know I've seen it, but can't find it.  Please help!

That is what was wrong with mine! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit and got telephone help to reinstall the watch to deal with the problem. Give that a try.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dfmgerardi - Please tap the three dots at the top, right of your posting, then tap Edit to remove your personal information. This is a public forum. I’d hate for you to start getting a lot of spam! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's probably in SLEEP MODE. A 3 yr old I know changed mine, and it took me
forever to figure it out. Check settings and good luck!
Best Answer

Mine is grayed out and I cannot change it from dim

Best Answer

Since posting this after getting telephone help dealing with brightness issues the problem 

has recurred. It’s stuck on Dim. No amount of synching helps. I regret buying the watch.  It tries to offer more than it can deliver and there’s little support. This community forum is not a substitute. 

Best Answer
I agree
--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"For Wales. Why Richard, it profit a man nothing to give his soul for the
whole world. . . but for Wales?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Be saved from this perverse generation!” Acts 2:40
Best Answer
0 Votes

The point is that simply does not work. Hitting on brightness it remains dark and no amount of tapping on it will give access to a choice.

Exactly!

Best Answer