Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect weight log from Fitbit Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When trying to log my daily weight in the Fitbit Today app on my watch, if I put in 164.1, I'll see 361.7 logged in my account. This error has forced me to disregard this feature entirely, and I am considering throwing the device away altogether. It's very demotivating to see such a large incorrect gain

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Some information about my setup:
- Google Pixel 3a, Android 10, Build Number QQ1A.191205.011

- Fitbit Versa 2, Version 35.70.7.14

Doing a factory reset now to see if I can recreate the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has had the same issue and I have to keep going in on the web-page and correct it for her.  Very annoying. 

Her setup is:

Versa 2 - 35.70.7.14

iphone 11 pro max - ios 13.1.3

Best Answer

Same issue here. 

Best Answer

Same thing here. So irritating. Keeps telling me I’ve got 130 lbs to lose and I only weigh 107 lol! 

Best Answer

Same issue here. I did the conversion and found that its logging my weight as kg instead of lbs even though the screen on the fitbit clearly has "lbs" on the screen when i input the measurement. Every setting i have on fitbit in in lbs after checking everywhere i could. Not sure how to fix. 

Best Answer

I am have the same issue. I put in 225 pounds on the Fitbit and it registers as 496. 

Thank you for pointing out that the Fitbit thinks I am putting in kilograms then coverts them to pounds. I am gaining hundreds of pounds daily.

I have a similar problem with the water. Ounces get covered to millimeter. 16 ounces changes to .5. I was drinking excess amounts of water.

Fitbit Versa 2 and iPad.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+kilograms+in+a+pound&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS877US877&oq=how+many+k...

Best Answer

I can still recreate the issue

Best Answer

That's a good catch.  Somewhere it's mixing the lbs with kg.  I've checked everywhere I can find and everything is "Feet/Inches, Pounds, Fluid Ounces (oz)".   My wife doesn't record any water intake so I can't tell if it's doing the same thing there or not.

If anyone finds a solution please post here.

Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Weight can be adjusted or entered through the Fitbit app for now. 

Best Answer

Tried that but still not registering weight in lbs.  guess there’s no fix.....I’m also unable to receive emails on watch. Have contacted Support numerous times to no avail.  Should have gotten an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me too.

Anytime I enter weight on Versa in pounds, both the app, and the Versa (after exiting and revisiting the feature) will convert it to kilograms, but still show it as pounds (lbs.)

This also happens with the water intake feature.  If I enter ounces on the Versa, it converts to milliliters on both the app and the Versa (after exiting and revisiting the feature).

I've worked around this by entering numbers on the app, but it is frustrating that the purpose of having a wearable is not available with these features.

Best Answer

same with me. Just got this as a gift and it triples my weight. So I'm forced to go in the phone and do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening with my Versa 2 as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too. I entered 163.4 and it showed 350 something... Very annoying! I am using a Google Pixel 3. This weight adjustment also increased my daily calorie amount too. 

Best Answer

I have this problem too. When I enter the weight on the Versa 2 IN POUNDS, it seems to think I’ve entered Kg, then transfers that info to the FitBit app, which then converts my weight from KG to pounds. The weight displayed is therefore 2.2046 times as much as I actually weigh. This is a software error that FitBit needs to fix.

Best Answer

This is happening to me, too. This is my first FitBit and I thought it was a glitch but it seems to always happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband got me the Aira 2 scale for Christmas and my weight hasn't gotten messed up once since.  

The problem with metric to US must be in the watch itself because I WAS entering my weight into my Versa 2 and it was screwing it up.  Now the scale just sends it up to my account and it's been correct.

I'm surprised they haven't released an update to fix this issue yet!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Btw, it will also impact your calories burned count - I thought I was doing great burning 3k+ calories per day before I realized the app thought I was 100 lbs heavier. It will adjust once you fix the weight thankfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They really need to get an update out to fix this!

Best Answer