Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen is not working, everything else is like the vibrations and that little green light at the back. But the screen doesn’t do anything when I touch it or when I touch a button. Even when I charge it it doesn’t react does anybody know what to do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing what you're experiencing with your Versa smartwatch. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

If your Versa has a black screen, try restarting it. In case, it wasn't fully charged before you experienced this, try fully charging it. If after trying the troubleshooting mentioned, you're still experiencing difficulties, contact our Support team, they'll be happy to assist you. 

Note that our team provides options based in the Fitbit Warranty. As of right now, this thread will be closed, feel free to create a new thread if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
194 REPLIES 194

I have the same problem and I contacted costumer support vie twitter and email. Still waiting for a response. I bought mine 17 days

ago!!! I’m not sure now about this purshase. 7E893F0E-CDCE-4F39-8CEC-3404849366B9.jpeg

Best Answer

I bought it about like 13 days ago and i’m Thinking it may be a production mistake because I see the problem more in this community

Best Answer

Contact Fitbit customer service to get a case number and get a replacement as soon as possible 

Best Answer

Just happened to me too - no amount of on/offs or resets seems to fix it and can't do the full factory reset as I cant see the menus on the watch to reach the right option. Still waiting for a response from fitbit after contacting them this morning.

Best Answer

Hey @Frederique.dv@racare and @drsnicol it's great to see you around.

I am sorry to hear about the display issue you are experiencing with your watches, appreciated the attachment and your efforts in trying to fix this. And, would like to know if you have get in touch with our support team regarding this? Have they offer you a solution?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello! I’ve in contact with the support team and finally agreed that I needed a replacement and I’m waiting for it (2/3 weeks to receive it)

Thank you for your help.
Best Answer

Those are great news @racare, I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Happy stepping. Smiley Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have had the same problem. But after 5 minutes the display suddenly started to work again. Very strange. It must be a bug in the software.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Gottfrid, thanks for the information. I am glad to hear that your Versa is now working properly. If there is something else we can do for, let us know.

Great to see you here @Tlenair, have you tried to restart your watch? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer

This afternoon my Fitbvit Versa (bought 12 days ago) went black, lost bluetooth connection and not restarting (pushing all butons 10 seconds) , i did contact the retailer, they will give me a new one, money back or an other article. I choose to have a new fitbit versa although i have my doubts over the quality of these fitbit's , I used to have the Alta Hr, never an issue, sold it and bought a versa because i want to swim with it. Could it be having swum with it this afternoon caused it later to go defect ?

Also please where can i find a proper reset procedure.

Best Answer

It's great to have you on board @Bahappy1.

I am glad to hear that you resolved this issue by contacting the retailer and receiving a new watch. Regarding your inquiry, we are not sure what might have caused this, but we would expect this to be a one glitch, I would ask you to keep an eye on your new watch and in the case this happens again, please let me know.

Also in the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device? you will be able to see the restart procedure, which are the same steps I provided in my previous post.

See you later. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I will go swimming again with the new versa, are there limitations on how long may a watch be in the water (first time I swum 1 hour no issue, second time I swum 1.5 hour and I could normally finish the exercise/program and not until later at home the watch did not function any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Due to holiday stress the supplier could not replace my Versa as soon as they promised to do, I now asked for a refund what they will do and bought the Ionic, I didnot trust myself to go swim again with a versa, I sincerly hope the Ionic performs better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa and wear it in the shower everyday and never take it off while swimming. I’ve had it for 4 months and only take it off to charge. It’s still working ok, fingers crossed. 

Best Answer

I silently freaked out when the screen was black and it took me a whole day to figure out what to do about it. Pressing buttons and the green light in the back flashing was no good for me. Towards the end of the day I was able to find a way to get it to work:

Press all three buttons at once and hold it for about ten seconds. The screen restarts itself with the icon as if going through an update. No data is lost and everything had turned back to normal for me 😁

Best Answer

This happened 2-3x within a year.

1st it was solve easily but now.. I can't even factory reset it. It's blank. 

Best Answer

Thank you, thank you, thank you. this was so helpful. nothing was working for me until I found your post. so relieved. Did you have future problems with your Versa after this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope! As far as I know, I've been wearing it like nothing has ever happened. It's been about three months now and everything is just fine 🧜

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer