Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clear notifications (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 6/5

Hey there, Versa Fam!

Thanks so much for your patience with this issue of clearing notifications from the watch. Our team has identified a fix for this that will release in a future firmware update. 

I'm not sure when the next firmware update will be rolled out, just know it should include the fix for this. In the meantime, please give your Versa a restart if you have trouble "clearing all" the notifications off. After the restart, your notifications will be gone. 

Fitbit Update: 2/27

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to follow-up with you all that have come across any difficulty clearing notifications on their Versa. I've experienced this myself a few times and a restart has always resolved the problem. Please give the watch a restart as your go-to troubleshooting step. 

Our team is aware of this ongoing problem and working on a permanent fix. Please stay subscribed to this thread for future updates on this topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

I wanted to jump in here and mention a few things. We've now released Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)to all Versa Smartwatch users. This is the newest and latest firmware available for your Fitbit watches. 

If you haven't already, please download it! 

After downloading, on this new OS you should no longer have this problem of clearing off notifications from your watch. Thanks to some of you that have already confirmed on this thread that they're no longer experiencing this with the latest update. Yay! 

I'm now going to close this thread from further comments. If you have any issues with clearing notifications in the future, please open a new thread to report the experience. 

Thanks to all! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
297 REPLIES 297

I had a few Whatsapp notifications since a few days ago on my Fitbit versa. When I tip on "Clear all", they doesn't dissapear. When I try to delete them manually, a "this notification has expired" appear and nothing else happed. How can I clear the notification panel on my Fitbit (NOT THE APP?). I tried to restart my device and my phone, but it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

I had this problem the other day and couldnt seem to clear the messages. But when I went back a day or so later to try again they had gone. So maybe try clearing and then wait a day and see if they disppear.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My fitbit versa won't allow me to clear notifications; snapchat, text messages, or instagram. When I hit clear all, it clears all BUT one! I have tried restarting it many many times, and it will clear the notifications until I get a new notification and then it will stick again. 

Best Answer

Hi, since your Versa deletes every notifications but ONE, I would advice you to restart your watch and see if that solves your problem. Restarting is simple:

1. Go to settings, scroll down to about and then scroll down to shutdown. Once your watch has been shut down, wait for a short time and then press the home button (left one) to start your Versa again.

2. Press and hold the left and right lower buttons together and wait untill the Fitbit Logo appears on you display and release the buttons. 

Best Answer

I seem to have the opposite problem to a few others and the fact that one whatsapp message I received this morning just will NOT go away on Versa. 

All notifications so far have been fine but this morning in a group chat one message from like 4 hours ago keeps flagging up on Versa. I've marked it as read. I've replied. I've been clearing it every 20 minutes for the last few hours. In the group there has been several messages since, so it isnt the most recent message, but this one just keeps recurring and im getting annoyed being told my boyfriend cleaned the fishing buzzers. Its old news now.

I've tried to turn notifications off and on again, tried to play with the settings, un-synced the phone etc and it WILL NOT GO AWAY. *sigh*

Save me. It's like groundhog day. Any fixes please.

Best Answer

Kashmira

Best Answer
0 Votes

worked for me!! and i just got mine yesterday for xmas and this helped me learn i could shut it down lol didn’t realize that was a thing! thank you!

Best Answer

hi, glad to be of help, Happy Holidays.

Best Answer

I too am getting the message: Action Failed, this notification has expired and is no longer valid.

It was mentioned in a post to wait a day or so and see what happens.  I have waited a few days, but still get this message when I open one of my email messages.

Best Answer

Came here to post about the same issue. Having the same problem with a Spotify and Instagram notification. If you figure out a solution could you let me know? Thanks!

Best Answer
Same issue as well, hoping for a resolution
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't clear one calendar notification, I do try "clear all" and it's still there. 

Best Answer

I was looking for the right answer for more than 5 hours, and yours was the right one. Thanks!

Best Answer

Same for me! I have a WhatsApp notification that won’t clear, even though I have read and replied to the msg from my iPhone. I am unable to clear this one notification from my Versa but all other notifications I received since have cleared?! Any ideas?

Best Answer

Go go settings - About - Shutdown it will restart your Fitbit and the message will be gone!

Best Answer

Thank you everyone only just got my versa so was a little confused! Hopefully a glitch that will get fixed 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to have worked perfectly. Thank you. Hopefully they fix the issue permanently though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect.  Something so simple worked.  Thank you.  Hope this gets fixed.

Best Answer

Hello,

i can’t find about in settings. Is it through the Fitbit app?

i have a what’s app notification

i can’t get rid of from the 24/12. I’ve tried everything. 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes