Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen vertical lines and display dims

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since this morning the display of my versa ( bought one month back)is not working properly anymore. If I click a button it illuminates very slowly The screen is filled with vertical lines in an irregular pattern . It illuminates very slowly starting with more blueish colors and turning to more yellow colors before turning dark again. Here how it looks before turning dark. Can you help please? Thanks.

p.s: i tried several time reset but in vain!!

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

32378041_10213915943507629_5350354650274988032_n.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a full factory reset? If that doesn't solve things it's likely to be hardware related. You would then need to contact Fitbit support to arrange for a replacement. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Already done factory reset. But no change.

I contacted fitbit support no answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pravesh Hi, there! Thanks for stopping by the Fitbit Community.

Sorry to see you've had some trouble with the display on your Versa. I checked in with our Customer Support team and confirmed you've already contacted them and created a case. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly! We appreciate your patience. Let me know if I can help with anything else for the time being. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa I bought no less than a month ago did the exact same thing. Had to return to Best Buy for a replacement. I went through Fitbit but was a long and tedious procedure. I would have to wait about a month to get a replacement from Fitbit when it took me only 3 days from Best Buy (my Best Buy was out of stock so they shipping me one). Good luck. Hoping the second time around is better for us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with mine this morning. I have sent a support note to Fitbit. Will be very disappointed if it take them weeks to rectify. £200 for an item that has lasted 4 weeks. Makes me worry about the products life span.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also got the same problem, am in communication with fitbit support and having to jump through a lot of hoops to prove the problem to them. 

They have said it's a corrupted screen and device will have to be replaced. 

It is also now losing 10% battery an hour and screen dimming / slow to respond. Let's hope it's just a few faulty devices and not a wider problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem got a lot worse later on!The problem got a lot worse later on!

Best Answer

Your screen actually looked better than mine but it seems like it’s heading where mine ended up. I also went through Fitbit and it was a long process but also  waiting for a replacement would have taken weeks. So I just returned it at Best Buy. Got my replacement in 3 days and so far all is good with my new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this too, exactly one month old today! Glad to see that it’s not just mine, have emailed Fitbit has anyone got any other suggestions? TIA x

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s funny because mine did that almost hitting a month. This seems to happen when the versa hits a month. I got mine when it was first released so I’m keeping my eye out on this second one that I got. When it hits about the month deadline I’ll see if any problems start to surface. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping they don't take that long to replace as I think they're now back in stock, I won't be happy if it's a long wait!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you've tried a factory reset and it's still doing it, the device will have to be replaced. If you bought it from a high street retailers you might be best to go in and see if they will do a straight swap!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night I put my Fitbit in to charge and now it’s done the same - lines on the screen.  Trouble is I don’t know how to restart it without seeing the screen.  Have emailed in this morning from another email account would appreciate the team contacting me as soon as possible please as I use it as a watch too.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am now thinking it’s a serious fault with this Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To do a restart, I think you hold down the left button and bottom right button until the screen goes black. Maybe if you can't see that try it for 20 secs or so, that would be enough. It probably won't fix the problem though, I am now on a replacement device!

Best Answer

I had this problem, emailed fitbit, they asked a couple of questions, asked me to do a factory reset and send a photo then I got a replacement within a week, really good and quick customer service, definitely worth emailing them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you everyone restarting phone from buttons has worked but it came up with a different set of lines and now battery is almost flat again. Fingers crossed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this thread is a few months old, but I had a simillar issue with my FitBit Versa after I woke up today.

The color was all distorted and lines were running through the screen. After I tried a Factory reset by holding all three buttons, nothing happened.

So after that failed, I went into the App and tried changing the Clock Face; and it worked, It's fine again. I even switched it back to the old clock face I was using and it seems perfectly fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes