Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to Texts on the FitBit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I really like the FitBit Versa, but the reply to text application does not work. When I see a text message on the watch there are no options to reply to texts.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@SeleneD  It's probably an issue with the texting app you are using.  Which one do you use?

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use messenger and I used to use the regular texting app that came with my phone. Neither of them worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeleneD   Your signature says "Android" but not which phone.  Is your phone running at least Android OS 7.0 or higher?

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the ZTE Warp Elite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeleneD  What Android OS are you using?  Reply to text requires Android 7.0 or higher.  Also, your phone isn't on the Compatible Device list.  That doesn't mean that it isn't compatible, just that Fitbit hasn't tested it yet.  You might need to find someone with your same phone and successfully can reply to text to help.

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 8 and I can’t reply to messages either 

Best Answer

@jeffers1234 .Replies to texts isn't possible with iPhone. Apple hasn't opened that up for development. 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer

I’m using an iPhone 8 and I still can’t reply to messages with my new Versa ?

Best Answer

iPhones will not work with txt replying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't reply to text on my android. It seems like FitBit hasn't released it yet. I heard that the feature should have been released in May.I really like the FitBit Versa but I am disappointed that feature won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeleneD  The feature was released.  Android users can do Quick Replies.  Your signature indicates that you have an Android phone but not which one.  Do you get Notifications at all?  If you get Text Notifications, what do you see on your Versa?  What Texting app are you using?  Some texting apps require special settings to make the Quick Replies work.  It's hard to troubleshoot this with you in this type of forum.  Did you try contacting Fitbit Support?

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t reply to messages on the Fitbit verse because it doesn’t give the options to do it. How do you do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TIAGoody What phone do you have? What texting app are you using? Some texting apps require particular settings to be able to reply. 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fully updated Motorola Force and I can't reply from watch either. I use the Textra messaging app but can easily switch. Which one should I use? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BethSzy  The app Textra requires an adjustment to its settings to get the Quick Replies to work.  Try this:

1.  Open Textra and touch the three dots in the upper corner and select "Settings".

2.  Touch on "Customize Notifications"

3.  Touch "Define Notification Actions"

4.  Under the section Android Head-s Up Buttons set:

Button 1 to "Mark Read"

Button 2 to "Android Inline Reply"

Button 3 to "Delete"

5.  Under the Section Textra Heads-up Buttons set each button to "Not Used"

Now try again.  Make sure that the conversation is currently closed with whoever you have sending you a test text.  If the conversation is open, an alert won't be sent to your Versa.

Good Luck!

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
Awesome! That worked! Thanks so much. Now can you please tell me where to
find the Upcoming app that I saw mentioned somewhere on the forums. I
can't find it and seeing my next appointment time is very helpful during my
workouts. I had this on my old Fit Gear and miss it.
Beth
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind! I found it. Calendars are under my account, click on my Versa, then choose apps. I decided on Tear off calendar but look forward to Fitbit putting out their own pre installed one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I am having the issue with not being able to reply to text on my versa. In my settings for textra app it does not give me the "android inline reply" option.  Can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes