Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

Mine was a single crack. I sent pictures to FitBit only to be ignored. I had to contact them several times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very disappointing. I have been going back and forth with their
customer service all week. They asked me to send in photos then told me
there was nothing they could do. They refer to the warranty which I
understand does not cover a crack. The frustrating thing is I am willing
to pay for a new screen or even accept a discount on a new watch, but they
are unwilling to work with me. I am going to spend some time researching
Apple Watches. I loved the versa, but Fitbit is likely losing a customer
for life now.

They should follow the Amazon model of trying to retain customers instead
of ignoring pleas for help.

Best Answer

I am so sorry to hear that! 

I am in the same situation. I got my fitbit 3 weeks ago and I had unfortunately an accident caused a big crack on the fragile screen of my new versa. 

It is so disappointing! 

After talking to different people in fitbit, they generously offered me  3 months fitbit coach (not even premium)!!!!

My suggestion for them was paying for the screen and get my fitbit fixed, which was a fair offer. And they didn’t accept it just because there is no policy and no repaire shop and no spare parts.. 

fitbit basically told me to throw my new device out and use the ridiculous couch program in other device. What????

Is it what you call the best customer service????

Best Answer

I just got mine about an hour ago. I purchased from Amazon and got the warranty as well, It was a three year warranty and cost be less than $20 and covers cracks. I made sure because I had an apple watch and did not purchase the warranty and of course it cracked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The difference is that apple has a repaire centre, so you can repaire any part of your watch! But fitbit..NOTHING! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine less than 30’days ago and mine was in the charger and slid off my nightstand. I woke up to cracked screen they told me oh well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MIne had a screen protector on from amazon and cracked while it was chatging. Fitbit won’t help me at all 

Best Answer

The Apple Watch Series 1 is less then $200!  I sold my versa on ebay and will not be coming back to Fitbit in the foreseeable future until they change their policy.  What kind of business model calls for no ability to fix a screen after you spend $200 on the item?  Horrible.

Best Answer

I got mine replaced I find it is better going .Through the online chat that phoning them that was charge hr  . I've just ordered the Alta hr hope they don't crack to

Best Answer

My week old Versa was placed in the charging unit with no crack on the screen, and in the morning I removed it and the screen was crackedfrom the bottom right hand corner across to the left side, level with the button. Fitbit are super cheery in their correspondence but the upshot is that it's not covered and they offer no help at all! I wouldn't expect them to replace a screen that was cracked due to something I did, but this is a genuine situation. Given other people saying how easily their screen cracked after a 'bump' or 'knock' you would think they would improve the quality.

Any advice on how to proceed gratefully received.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, they don’t care. 

The Versa screen is fragile and they know it. 

They offered me 3 months of fitbit coach only. 

Best Answer

I received a few scratches on my Fitbit almost immediately and I'm pretty careful. I usually wear it on the inside of my wrist just to protect it.

I definitely believe you! I thought from how improved phone screens have gotten this would be the same but I was wrong.

Very easily damaged for a product that is supposed to be with you all day and night and during physical activities...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, after reading everybody's experiences with screens cracking and it not being covered it got me worried about cracking mine. I have just rung my home insurance company and added my versa under portables insurance which covers replacement if the screen does ever happen to crack. Feel awful for the people who have had this happen and had no luck from fitbit.

Best Answer

Feel bad for those with a cracked screen, but no phone or watch screen is covered for being cracked. The Versa screen is no more fragile than any of these. I’ve had it for several months,  I keep it on almost all day even while doing yardwork I have had no issues. I do use a soft screen protector. 

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt any third parties have a Versa screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Neither the Apple watch or the Versa can have their screen replaced, the unit must be replaced.  Apple doesn’t cover accidental breakage either, you basically have to buy a new one.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually Apple has a replacement plan which you can pay for.  Fitbit has nothing.  No recourse.  You either wear a cracked watch or buy a new one at full price!  What a business model....no discount, no replacement plan and no attention to their customer's needs.  It's a real shame because the battery life is far superior to the Apple Watch.  I made the switch though because of the lack of a solution.

Best Answer

@Puttes, the Apple program costs $49 and a replacement for accidental breakage (2 claim limit) would cost $79 plus tax.  Better than nothing if you think you may break it within 2 years.  Fitbit claims they will start a similar program for the Versa soon.

Tom
Best Answer

The three year warranty through Amazon was it with Fitbit as the seller or another seller?? I really want the Versa but the screen crack and scratch issues is keeping me from making the switch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the exact same position.  IveI've price only hadit less than a weekand there is a big crack across the face.  It appears to work but I'm afraid of water seeping in and I wear it to swim.  Any adviceon how to get it replaced would be appreciated.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes