Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

It's sad to hear so many people are having problems with the versa. I forced the update weeks ago. I love it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. I have quick replies, dont miss notifications,  I am able to answer, ignore calls and callback missed calls. Which I never thought I would have that feature because always heard it was for iOS only. Female tracking works great. I did have that issue with the battery draining faster than it did before. But realized it was the clock face I was using, once I changed it, no more battery problem. At first I had lots of issues but since the forced update, no wifi setup. Its been perfect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

there are a few things required for quick replies:

1) This feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later.

2) Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15

and last but not least, only enabled for:

• Text messages
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Facebook Messenger
  • WeChat
  • Line

Kr,

Thomas

Best Answer
I've replied to this same type a message over and over again! I have an Android 7.0 and have the above-mentioned firmware update. The reply feature does NOT come up for me. I've set back to factory etc etc etc.... nothing changes that fact. I'm getting a new phone anyway next week because I need to upgrade... the Samsung Galaxy S9 so hopefully that will fix the problem. If it doesn't fix the problem, then Fitbit Versa needs to up their game and actually do something to help us! There's been too many complaints and no action!! I love my Versa and the only issue I have is with the "reply" feature, but still.... others are having way too many problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I will be glad to help you out with your inquiries regarding the Fitbit Versa:

• Text notifications: We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.
  • Quick replies: If you want to use this feature with your apps, make sure that the app is compatible for this. You just need to go to the "Quick Reply" option and see if the app you want use with this is listed. For the ones with iOS devices, check the Quick Replies for iOS Devices request, vote for it and leave your comment.
  • Syncing: If you haven't tried the instructions provided in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?, I recommend taking a look at it and follow the instructions there.
  • WiFi: Follow the steps in the Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi? article.
  • Steps while charging: Take a look at this post, where you will be able to see more information about this.
  • Compatible devices: You can see which phones are compatible with Fitbit by taking a look here.

If there is any suggestion you would like to share with us, feel free to visit our feature suggestions board and let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit Why are you continuing to ignore questions about the availability of the two different firmware versions that were released at the same time?

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I will be glad to help you out with your inquiries regarding the Fitbit Versa:

• Text notifications: We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.
  • Quick replies: If you want to use this feature with your apps, make sure that the app is compatible for this. You just need to go to the "Quick Reply" option and see if the app you want use with this is listed. For the ones with iOS devices, check the Quick Replies for iOS Devices request, vote for it and leave your comment.
  • Syncing: If you haven't tried the instructions provided in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?, I recommend taking a look at it and follow the instructions there.
  • WiFi: Follow the steps in the Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi? article.
  • Steps while charging: Take a look at this post, where you will be able to see more information about this.
  • Compatible devices: You can see which phones are compatible with Fitbit by taking a look here.

If there is any suggestion you would like to share with us, feel free to visit our feature suggestions board and let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Smiley Happy

I can't speak to other items on the list but regarding the steps while charging, how in all that is good is it helpful to link to a thread that is mostly about the ionic?  I read every post in that thread and NOT ONE gave any solution or real help.  What I really take from that thread is that this is OBVIOUSLY a glitch in the fitbit software or something because not only do Versas have the phantom steps problem but so do Ionics apparently.  It isn't a fan or vibrations or operator errors it is FITBIT and something in the OS software, there are too many posts with issues for it to be just a bunch of ignorance users who have fans or vibrating countertops.  I wanted to keep my versa very much but days and days of 10,000+ phantom steps even after 4 resets and constant restarts I couldn't justify keeping a $230 watch that had such a critical issue in working properly...

Best Answer

It has a crap HR. I need an accurate one, which is why I went with the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have problems with Heart Rate reading:

In clock face show 108 but if I start run mode show 62. Then I switch back to clock face and show 62.:?

Another HR problem: over 145 show only --  and suddenly show 190 and again --. Checked manually about 70-80.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 32.10.20. What’s the difference to 32.32.10.20? Seems like both are out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have the update and it asked me some questions like can it have excess to my contacts but it still doesn' let me accept or reject calls. I will be lucky if I know someone is calling before they hang up as it is very delayed.  **** edit. Some how after endless searching and threads on calls I ended up here so my comment isn't valid. 

Best Answer
I have the same problem sometimes, especially when I'm resting. The heart rate will read 50+ beats per min higher than my actual heart rate sometimes. My hr was 58 the other day (checked manually), and the Versa was reading it as 124! It does eventually show as normal, but it takes it awhile.
I've done all troubleshooting I can for it, and still occaisionally having the problem. Most of the time the hr is fairly accurate, but the times its not, it's throwing my resting hr and calorie burn way off. Very irritating, especially since the rest of the features work just fine for me.
Best Answer

Yes or no: Will Fitbit senior leadership show they have heard the problems with something like a video or social media posts? 

"We're working on it" is not an answer, it's an excuse to show some type of response.

Repeating the same lines over and over just creates frustration for users.

Best Answer

@meresydotes wrote:

@AlejandraFitbit Why are you continuing to ignore questions about the availability of the two different firmware versions that were released at the same time?

Yes i would like an anwser as well. Ever since i was forced to factory reset to get my versa to pair with a new phone, which downgraded me from 20 to 15, I have been having the versa lock up on me periodically requiring me to restart it. I had no problems at all on version 20 and really want it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning. How can I get a refund for this piece of crap. I purchased the versa thinking that it would be better. It’s worse. I should have just purchased an Apple Watch. Always follow your first instinct.

Best Answer

My versa has the latest firmware, unfortunately it's too late for me to return mine, but it still is not tracking my sleep,steps or heart rate correctly.  I had none of these issues with the Charge 2.  Anyone one else still having issues after update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Versa. Mine works perfectly. I hope FitBit is able to help you.
Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have firmware release 32.32.10.15.  The only thing I am having issues with is the sleep tracking does not also do good at night, missing times I have slept.  I even adjusted the sensitivity, but that only seemed to helped some nights.

One other thing is that on the Facebook page 32.32.10.15 is listed as the most current firmware update for the Versa, but the Ionic is the 32.32.10.20 version.  I keep seeing people wondering why they do not have the "latest" version, meaning .20, but I think .15 is the latest for the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have said on the Fitbit page, not Facebook page.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe look at samsung gear sport. Sent my ve4sa bavl and got gear sport.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chloe9268 where did you buy your Versa? If you bought it at Amazon, then if you complain nicely enough they will extend the return period and let you return it! That is precisely what I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes