Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So angry and frustrated. My Versa (less than a month old) has died this morning, nothing, nada, zero, blank screen. It won't charge up it won't do anything. It was fine yesterday with a full charge not this morning nothing and I lost a whole work out!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, for all of you who are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

Thank you for sharing how you feel about this. I see where your frustration is coming from. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed. 

If your Versa screen is blank, let's try restarting it and make sure it's fully charged. If you experience the same after performing the troubleshooting recommended, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to help you. 

As of right now, this thread will be closed. However, you can always create a new thread if needed. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
292 REPLIES 292

@LadyDunans wrote:

So angry and frustrated. My Versa (less than a month old) has died this morning, nothing, nada, zero, blank screen. It won't charge up it won't do anything. It was fine yesterday with a full charge not this morning nothing and I lost a whole work out!

Do a RESTART and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @LadyDunans and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked? Is your Versa working properly after the restart procedure?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Finally, but I lost count of the times I had to try to restart it. I gave up walked away with it still in its charger and the next thing I notice when i walked past the counter was it finally turning on to the Fitbit Logo. Not thrilled about the whole thing.

Best Answer

It's great to hear that your Versa turned on and started working properly @LadyDunans, my recommendation here is to test it a couple a days and if you experience anything else, let me know.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm experiencing a similar problem - Device (over a month old) was working OK up to a few hours ago then this morning screen is black. Still connected to phone, still see HR light on back pulsing but nothing on screen. On iOS app, changing watch faces does nothing - no visible update to screen. Placed on charger via usb port on my pc, no battery life indicator comes up but connects to my pc. Tried long press on left button to turn off - nothing happens. Tried left and bottom all buttons - back light comes on but screen is still black - pressing buttons again and can feel a vibration. According to phone its at medium battery (was fully charged yesterday) so I'm leaving it on the charger for a few hours and will see what happens....

Scott

Best Answer

You can do a Factory Reset using buttons only.  Follow these instructions EXACTLY and if it doesn't work the first time, try again:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer

Thanks for this but I think it has a serious problem - tried your method to the letter and whilst the screen lights up, no logo or images appear at all during the process... I got the vibration at the end and the tracker no longer connects to my phone but instead asks to set up the device but again, the screen is blank (more a slightly off black / hint of red with the back light on). I guess I need a new watch.if support get back to me at some point. 

Best Answer

Sorry its been such a frustrating experience.  Try to forget it and enjoy your holiday!

Best Answer

Thanks unfortunately its still not going well - they can't view my video or accept large files and sent me a long explanation on bluetooth connections and how to fix my 'syncing' issue, ignoring the dozens of times I told them it was a black screen, forcing me to post it publicly on YouTube to show them the issue. In the video I show the screen is black, place it in the charging dock (and no battery level shows) and then try and do a basic reset to show the lack of logo showing during the reset.

Black screen problem https://youtu.be/z8zkE20NSmE

Best Answer

This happened to me as well. Very disappointed by the replacement process and timeframe. Bad support on behalf of Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the clear,concise instructions...it worked...so glad...I miss the days when an item came with the proper paper owners msnual. God bless you....janeylou12

Best Answer

Janey, have you seen the Online Versa Manual?

Best Answer

Glad the reset fixed it for some - mine was still blank after factory reset and is now sitting so new here in Holland awaiting a fix or replacement... as noted by another poster, the dialog with support has been very polite but slow...

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing, unable to see anything on the screen, syncs with the phone, but doesn't display anything. No reset is working. 

Best Answer

I posted a public video on you tube about mine (mainly because Fitbit were unable to view it or download it from my gdrive despite making all sharing options public) - based on the comments at least 5 others have experienced this issue in the last 2 weeks. Mine is being returned tommorow by DHL - around 2 weeks turnaround (slightly longer but I was on holiday after the initial contact with support).

To summarise the troubleshooting steps, do a soft reset, if that doesn't work, do a factory reset via the 3 button method listed in this thread, if that doesn;t work, do it again (if you can - I did it the first time but after about 15 attempts, was unable to repeat it - the timing depends on the logo appearing - which doesnt because the screen is blank - DOH!) and at that point its a return to fitbit situation.

Best Answer

I am so pissed off !! My versa that’s only 2 months old screen went dead .. I called surpport and they had me do a video .. now they want me to send it back so they can do more test on it to make sure that it is broken!! Well if the screen isn’t working and I tried to reset it and it didn’t work then it isn’t working!! Now I have to send it back before I get a new one and it will take 5 to 15 days .. I payed over 225 for this watch and waited 3 weeks to get it .. I get it is your  policy but I payed my money..your  product is defected  That isn’t my problem!! I want a new watch .. send the new watch then I would send the old one back and you can test the hell out of it !!but why should I have to wait almost 15 days for you to go oh yea it is broken .. there is so much talk how the Internet how this watch is  defected  So you all ready know that .. this is not cool fit bit!! Not cool !! 

Best Answer

My phone is doing the same thing. Did you ever get yours fixed or replaced?

Best Answer
I had to send it in and they said it will take up to 15 days to see if it is broke.. after I sent them a video showing them it was.. I sent it in 4 days ago still haven’t heard from them

Thank you
DANNA
A smile 😀 can make one persons day !!!
Best Answer

I just send mine back and they said they will send a replacement after they receive mi versa. So far the schedule deliver of my versa to Fit bit is Monday, So I expect the replacement to sent back to me by Friday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes