Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

I will see what I can do this weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt this is the cause. There is no circuitry in the charger itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my replacement today and hey presto no issues so far. Plugged in to USB socket in extension lead and in laptop all ok.. still have old charger so I will try that one in a bit and report back. Hopefully new stock will have been fixed..

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I got round to taking the video that FitBit support requested showing the device not charging - their response was just to ask more questions - where am I based (surely they could get that from the order details?) and details about my Fitbit account - surely they could just post a new charger out - clearly there’s been a faulty batch so I don’t know why they are dragging their heels.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i bought versa charger that shipping from china for only $2.5 and it works. at last i can use my versaimage.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
I let them walk me through the Versa power down and restart. Then they said to plug it in and wait 5 minutes to see if it was charging. The same problem occurred so I stopped them there and told them about this forum and that other folks were getting replacement chargers sent to them and that seemed to switch their gears to sending me a new charger. I got the shipping notice mid last week but I haven't received the charger yet.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I told them about this forum as well and the already identified (by
the folks in the forum) problem with the charger cradle. They first said
they'd ship me a new charger cradle but then came back and said they need
to "investigate" my device so I need to ship my entire device to them.

Yeah, no. I'm not spending any more time or money on this. I'm going to
return it to the store I got it from and get my money back. This watch
costs entirely too much not to work correctly out of the box and then be
given the run around by customer service. I wish the rest of you the best
in getting your charging issues resolved satisfactorily.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband received Fitbit Versa and it’s brand new. Attempted to charge on PC and laptop nothing!! Help it won’t charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you can, I suggest you return the watch and charger to where it was purchased for an exchange.  If that is not an option I would call Fitbit customer service.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a few email exchanges with Fitbit they’ve agreed to send me a new charger, but there is apparently a 2-3 week delay as that are on back order now (shock horror).

On the plus side, I ordered a £6 knock-off version from Amazon which arrived today, and that charges the watch just fine. I’m still having the replacement from Fitbit though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine but they won't do anything til I send a video showing me resetting it....why would u lie they know there is a fault so send me a charger that works!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 6 days with no sign of charging and numerous issues with support I've just retried and it's charged to 5% but no further deffo a charger issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They also asked me to send a video.  I sent a photo of the error message and they were OK with that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks....I have messed around tonight n got it to charge a little so it's deffo a faulty charger....see if they will now send a replacement charger as requested !

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s when they made a fuss about mine - I got it to charge a little bit, but only from one specific USB port on one specific laptop. Fitbit checked my account and saw that the versa has been synced so that said that clearly I was able to charge it, so there couldn’t be a problem....

Best Answer
0 Votes
My husband took my Versa back to the store and exchanged it for the Special
Edition Versa (with the choice of grey or lavender woven band) and I have
not had any problems out of the new cradle that came with it.

My cousin was having the same charger cradle issues as the rest of us, went
through the same nonsense with customer support and got tired of it. She
then bought a separate charger cradle for $20 which worked fine. I told her
she needs to get Fitbit to reimburse her but she doesn't want to deal with
them anymore. Understandable, but you shouldn't have to spend any
additional money to get a brand new device to work out of the box.

Fitbit KNOWS there is a problem with their charger cradles but instead of
doing anything about it they want to make the customer jump through all
sorts of hoops. Unacceptable and this whole experience has soured me on
Fitbit. After this one finally kicks it, I won't ever purchase another one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They have agreed to issue a replacement charger so should hopefully work!
Best Answer
0 Votes

We had the same issue after only having the Versa for about a week. After several attempts at restarting, changing charging locations, we worked with customer service and shipped it back. We are still waiting for our new one to be sent out. Super frustrating. I am hoping the new one will be better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Received the replacement charger yesterday. Works like a charm. I used the charger I rewired using an old USB cable last week and got 7 days on a single charge. That is better than I expected. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer

I am having this same issue

and have not resolved it.

Best Answer
0 Votes