Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Although redirect_uri = callback url, keep getting "invalid redirect_uri parameter value"

ANSWERED

I develop an app that send workout data to Fitbit.

After entering login and password in Fitbit authorization page, the app keeps getting "invalid_request - invalid redirect_uri parameter value". We have double checked the redirect_uri and callback url to make sure they are matching. This app and mechanism has been working for years and suddenly it stops working 1-2 weeks ago. 

What could be the reason of the error?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@GordonFitbit   Yes, they match.  This was not a problem for us until about a week or two ago!  It is only a problem for our mobile applications.  It works for our web application.

What else can we do to debug this??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GordonFitbit I should also specify that, on our end, we only see this issue when a user is prompted to authenticate their Fitbit account before authorizing our application. It is the redirect from the Fitbit login screen to the authorization screen that we see this error occur. If the user is already signed in and just prompted to authorize then they can connect with no issue, and we are not seeing this happen for a non-mobile user in either scenario

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rwinata,

Would you please retest and see if the problem is resolved?  I cannot reproduce the error.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GordonFitbit, I can no longer see the error since last weekend. Look like the fix has been deployed. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes