Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Firmware Release Version 5.90

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 8/25/2018: This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your Zip and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Update 11/9/2017: We have continued to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit Zip, and expect more users will see it as available today. This is a progressive rollout, if you haven't seen it previously you should by the end of day today. 

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Zip. This is a progressive rollout, and all Zip users can expect to have it within a few days. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 5.90.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

Mine too! It will work for a few hours the error and shut off, have to take the battery back out and reset every few hours... Not happy

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Nujapx2 and @Nicole.Pitbull! @Nujapx2 Thanks for sharing your feedback about your Zip. Please make sure that your Zip has full battery and that it's properly inserted with the (+) sign facing up. Also, try the troubleshooting suggested by @KateFitbit in this article.

@CincyJimK I appreciate all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. To better assist you can you please confirm that you have tried the suggestions on @KateFitbit in this article one more time. I'd love to assist you to get back on track.

@Nicole.Pitbull Your case sounds different, you might want to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here.

Keep me posted!

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I know you're hired to send out friendly FAQ answers but I've owned a Fitbit Zip for years and you're mistaken if you think I can't put in a new battery the right way up.  This is not a battery issue or a "troubleshooting" fix.  I've tried all of that multiple times and it sounds like others have as well.  What I am looking for is someone from the company to say they are aware that the update has screwed up syncing and they are actively trying to fix it.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I’ve called customer support and they said it is a known issue now for a month and they are aware of it. It’s expensive to change the battery every week!! Is fitbit going to give us free batteries for their product issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A Month? They've known about this for well over 6 months! And we are being treated like imbeciles, being asked to check if we have put the battery in the right way round etc.!

If a medal was being given out for poor customer service they would win it hands down!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I agree, the real issue is their product now doesnt work and tgey are not accepting responsibility. Like 4 years later I forgot how to replace a battery?? I am 40 years old and have 2 degrees but cant change a battery. Please!! They have lost me as a customer I bought a different brand and moved on

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Nujapx2! I appreciate your thorough feedback for the Fitbit Customer Service, platform and devices. To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

@Bgtcme As mentioned by Support this is a know issue. Please make sure that you have your All Day Sync feature off. You need to go to account, then tap the picture of your tracker and scroll down and disable this option. Also, in the meantime you can use a compatible computer or Android device to sync.

@Bayla Please make sure that you have followed these steps to sync Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and that your app is up to date. Let me know the out come so I can help further. 

@Nicole.Pitbull As I mentioned above, your issue is different. To better assist you, please confirm that you have checked the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent.The process can be followed here.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ZIP started doing all these problems in mid -July. But I guess it started at the beginning of June when I changed the battery for the second time. Bought in August 2017, changed battery in January/February for the first time, changed in June. Changed again in July, thinking that was weird. Then in mid-July the ZIP stopped working. Tried a new battery, thought it worked but nope. Won't stay on, won't track steps, fake syncs, old data syncs.

So is it wide spread or is it getting worse. Is it a no longer supported product? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This firmware release was completed last year and I'm closing this thread for further responses. If you are experiencing an issue with your Zip and are unable to find a thread that addresses the issue on the Flex board, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes