Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip, discontinued?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please Please PLEASE I beg of you to continue to market and inventory Zip trackers with your retailers. This is a reasonably priced, reliable and accurate tracker that works GREAT for activities where it is inconvenient or impractical to wear a wristwatch. The market is OVERFLOWING with wrist wearables from Fitbit and others...and frankly not everyone wants this look or feel. As a cyclist, i can clip my zip on my shorts and get "activity" on my ride; after all, my legs are working as hard as any walk or run! As a tennis player, my FB Blaze simply doesn't pick up all my steps since my arm is often steadily holding a racquet as I run. Not to mention, I sometimes wear a wrist support band. In a pocket, clipped on clothing (or even bra), I get a more accurate count. Set yourselves apart from every other tracker manufacturer and keep selling the awesome Zip!! (Bring back colors too, but even ONE option will make me happy!)

THANK YOU! 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Welcome to the Forums @COCO14! Thanks for sharing your Feedback about Fitbit Zip and Blaze. I really appreciate all your good comments for Zip and also about the your concerns regarding its availability. 

At the moment, there are no plans to stop selling Zip. Usually when a tracker is discontinued, it's because an upgrade of this product is released.

I hope to see you around more often! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

hey, I still believe that you can get it from the actual website.

The link is here: https://www.fitbit.com/en-ca/shop/zip 

If the link doesn't work than using it as an URL and it should work.

Best Answer

Does Fitbit have a timeline for releasing a new Zip or similar model?

Best Answer

Awesome help @Annu2004! 😉 Nice to see you here @Trobins! At the moment I don't have any information about the to development of a new Zip or a similar clip based tracker. I really appreciate your interest in Fitbit products, and for more information you can keep an eye to the website for new Fitbit products. 

I hope to see you around more often! 😉

Best Answer

I too have been looking in stores for another Zip with no luck anywhere. It isn't that they are simply out of stock, they no longer show it as an available model in their displays either. I do not want a wrist band. So I am now looking at other brands.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @powermidget! As I mentioned above at the moment I don't have any information about discontinuing or removing Zip from the Fitbit Store. If you are interested in acquiring a new Zip, please click here

Let me know if you have more questions! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why can’t customers purchase the Fitbit Zip in any other store? Love the Fitbit site but it would have been easier to go t to brick and mortar stores in my neighborhood.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I too love my Zip!! Now my third one has decided to stop working for no apparent reason. Please verify you’ll still be selling Zip!

Backordered for weeks on the site.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

The Zip was the best Fitbit ever and made the company what it is today.  It was at a good price-point for those who were curious about a fitness tracker and affordable as almost an impulse buy.  It did all the things you needed and none of the things you dont.  Plus an adorable friendly animated character to cheer you on and a real step count that changed as you walk.  The hardware is a little dated by now but there is nothing to replace it.

Best Answer
I will be going back to a standard pedometer at this point. I bought a Flex2 on sale and tried that, but hate it!!! No display, constant charging, and hate anything on my wrist! So they’ve lost me as a customer. I am seeing Zips for as much as $150 online, so some are gouging. Unfortunate Fitbit doesn’t want to address the part of the market that loves the Zip. Not all care to spend hundreds on a tracker. On the other hand, my most recent Zip didn’t last long anyway.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The Zip is by far the absolute best tracker for moms who can't move their arms!!!!! I can hide it on my braw and forget about it and EVERYONE I have turned onto Fitbit by far favor the Zip!!!!!! PLEASE make this your priority and stop with the stupid watches 😂

Best Answer

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your love for our little Zip. As mentioned above, we don't have current plans to discontinue the Zip tracker and you can purchase it in the Fitbit.com/store. Keep in mind that colors and availability will depend on your locale.

Also, @Beccajemz if you want our developers to know that you want a new clip on tracker you can suggest it in our Feature Suggestions board. There you can create your own suggestions our upvote for the main suggestion New updated clip on tracker. The suggestions with more votes are taken into consideration for next updates or product development. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks...glad to hear it isn’t being discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You are welcome @Mink1995, it's always my pleasure! I'm glad to see all this love and support to our little Zip buddy. Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board.

There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please don't make me give up my zip.  Check me out, I have lost 100 lbs using this device!

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @sandysfla! So good to hear that you Fitbit buddy helped you with your fitness goals. Your comments help us to keep improving our products and services. 

I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board and share your amazing story. There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer

I agree. Please keep selling Zip. Many of us dont like wristband trackers, and they dont capture all the activity from sports like tennis and bicycling.

Best Answer

Hi @SSueG! How you doing?

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the thorough feedback about the Fitbit Zip trackers. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along to our team. We really appreciate our users' feedback! 

I don't know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Question for runners or Do you have to run to be fit?

Hope to see you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That link just takes me back to the main fitbit site, where I can find no sign of Zip.  Is Zip gone?

Best Answer
0 Votes