Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip only syncs after battery removal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip only syncs after the battery is removed.  I followed all the usual troubleshooting,  and then contacted support. They sent a replacement but I'm having the same issue with the new one. 

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

I am not able to get my Zip to sync on computer either. Used to be fine. Please provide instructions on how to do a sync on computer. Dongle is in a USB port on computer already & it won't sync there either.

DM8
Best Answer
I just downloaded app to tablet and have been able to sync to fit bit
fine. Still not able to sync to pixal phone. Wish they would fix it though!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't help if the Fitbit member doesn't have a tablet! 

Kind regards,
Deanna Marent
Sent by my Samsung Galaxy S8™
DM8
Best Answer

Same here.  Only syncs when battery is removed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Nothing has worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem most days. It is becoming very frustrating. Is this going to be the M.O  for my Zip forever?  Is there a fix please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please contact Customer service. I did and am still waiting for an answer.
We need to all put the pressure on them. That's where it belongs!

Kind regards,
Deanna Marent
Sent by my Samsung Galaxy S8™
DM8
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please, let's all contact FitBit Customer Service directly. This is affecting a huge number of people. Let's all put the pressure on them to get the software fixed once and for all!!!

DM8
Best Answer
Happy to report that after phoning customer support, (consultant was very helpful) and trying various fixes, Fitbit is sending me a new Zip, even though mine is 6 years old. Hopefully the new one won’t have the same problems.

Christine Shearman
Best Answer

How'd you get them to send a new one? I've been corresponding by email for 3-4 days now & there suggestions have only made things worse. Now the app won't sync & my phone's Bluetooth can't pair with my Zip at all. What's the phone number you called?

DM8
Best Answer
0 Votes
1800875234 (Australia)
I just told the guy the problem, answered his questions, went through a few procedures to try to fix it. Mine also wouldn’t Bluetooth connect to iPhone or iPad. After he very patiently went through everything, he told me they’d send me a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Honeyqueenbee!
DM8
Best Answer
0 Votes

GraceGFitBit, Did all of this & only made it worse. Now the bluetooth on my phone can't pair with my Zip either. Also, now after removing battery on my Zip, steps go to zero. Also, back of Zip is getting beat up looking due to so many removals since all of this began.

DM8
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Honeyqueenbee When I call this number it says "Your call cannot be completed as dialed"

DM8
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is definitely the number I called.  It answered almost immediately. I found the number on one of the myriad of Fitbit pages I’d been searching through.  

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem & it is extremely frustrating. I thought of trying another type of non wrist type fitbit but there are no others. What is the solution please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is none that works consistently until FitBit gets their act together.
I wonder if they are just trying to drive everyone away from the ZIP.
I wonder if they really care.
I wonder how this is effecting their stock and/or market share.

I wonder how they would appreciate all of this being made public via Facebook or Twitter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Moto G6 running Android and my laptop running Windows 10. Removing and replacing the battery on the Zip gets you one sync only on each device and then you're back to square one with the device not being found. Looking at the forums this problem seems to have been ongoing for months - if there is a solution you'd think it would have been found by now. This renders my fitbit about as useful as something you get for free in a packet of cornflakes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the replies to my comments.  It seems to me that the problem has arisen with the last Android update.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8.  I have now completely stopped using the Zip. What disappoints me is that Fitbit had a perfectly good non-wrist-watch based fitness tracker (One) that they have stopped making. It had far more functionality, was more reliable, much more compact and as far as I could see, just a better product.  I rarely had problems with it.  Since purchasing the Zip I have had very little success.  It doesn't sync, it loses the GPS connection so accurate exercise tracking is not possible, and it is bigger and more cumbersome than the "One". Fitbit - if you are reading this, I, for one, would love an alternative to a wrist-based fitness tracker and would love you to bring back the "One".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree re the Fitbit One. The only design flaw for me was the clip which kept breaking and eventually resulted in me losing the device. Fitbit's business model seems to rely on users replacing their tracker every couple of years. For that reason I don't think they're going to put much effort into fixing bugs on an 'obsolete' model as they want you to bin your Zip and buy a newer model. My wife has a new Fitbit Charge 3 which syncs without any problems on Android 9. I'll be looking elsewhere for my next tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes