Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip only syncs after battery removal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip only syncs after the battery is removed.  I followed all the usual troubleshooting,  and then contacted support. They sent a replacement but I'm having the same issue with the new one. 

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

I know I am late to the game. Like everyone here my zip stopped syncing earlier this year. I contacted the support twice and now have 3 zips. Of course none of them syncs.

I finally found an easy way to sync that works without removing the battery: use the windows app. I know its not a great solution, but the computer is in use often, and you literally just need to be within 20 feet for a few seconds and it syncs. Phone will pick it up soon after.

Still, this is my first and last fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations!
I have found the same thing, use the Windows program.
A few more hints.

1. Move the phone well away from the computer, at least 10 feet seems to help
  2. I have the dongle installed, Windows 10 says that this is the "Fitbit Base Station"
  3. It does NOT appear as a Bluetooth device but rather under "Other Devices"
  4. It occasionally takes closing the program (upper right box with the X) and restarting it, rarely does it take more than 1 restart of the program
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I'm not sure if I restarted it or not, most likely did because
when all else fails restart. I ended up buying a Charge 3, I'm not happy
that I don't have my pedometer and actually lost steps this past Saturday
when I removed it for a time during a wedding, so it wouldn't be in the
photos.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the charge 3, not as happy as having the zip, but it works, I just
read a couple of people had success restarting their phones. Try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, reading through this thread and others, I guess the zip bites the dust.  I have already purchased an Inspire, because I wanted a clip on, not a wrist one.  Sucks though...I loved that little zip!

By the way, I have a Mac and an iphone 6 and it just stopped syncing last week. I did everything folks have said, turned the phone on and off, deleted the app and reinstalled it and removed the battery, but I cannot be doing all that every week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything that has been suggested to resolve this issue but to no avail on my VG ThinQ7.  These messages were dated March 2019 and it is now August 3019 with no resolution.  I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Zip because it is hidden and I don't like wearing anything on my wrist.  I guess the resolution is to find another device from another company - sad.  Bye bye.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if you find one like this to change to.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

2019 not 3019

Best Answer
0 Votes

The plain Inspire can be worn as a clip-on, like the zip.  It's not as small, but it does the job.

Best Answer

is there another alternative from another company that is just as reliable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't you mean MORE reliable?

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information

Best Answer
0 Votes