Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip only syncs after battery removal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip only syncs after the battery is removed.  I followed all the usual troubleshooting,  and then contacted support. They sent a replacement but I'm having the same issue with the new one. 

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Same exact issues here, post Droid update.  I contacted customer service, who was helpful and everything worked again.  Now, once again, it doesn't.  Ugh.  What a shame.  The Zip was such a great product.  I can't seem to find any other brand of tracker that's not a wrist-type, which I don't want.

Very disappointed, fitbit.  Been a customer since 2013.

Best Answer

I agree re the non-wrist strap tracker.  You might have a look at the Fitbit Inspire - I've just discovered that it an be worn as either a wrist or clip on tracker.  I'm back using my old "One" which I will use until it stops working so save spending more $$$.  Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear ya!  I've just discovered that the Fitbit Inspire can be worn as either a wrist or clip on so I'll be using my "One" until it dies and then maybe looking at that.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same happens to me. I've just opened the zip, closed it again and it has synched. I'll have to carry the little key with me all the time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope it continues to work for you.  It didn't for me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me.  S9+.  zip won't sync with my phone or laptop unless I take the battery out.  just spent an hour on chat with no resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How frustrating for you 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue - with one then they send a replacement, the replacement is doing the same thing, when I contacted support they said the new one they sent was out of warranty and sent an email with selected ones 25% off I think because I said I was looking at other brands to replace it. 

Looking back at these posts, apparently Fitbit has been contacted by numerous people with the same issue. This is very frustrating - I've worn a pedometer for over 10 years - 4 years with fitbit - my first was great until it wore out. Not happy since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear of your problems.  It seems to me that Fitbit aren't really interested in resolving the issue.  I wonder how many people around the world chose the Zip and what their views are for continuing with a Fitbit product.  I'm certainly keeping my eye out for an alternative brand.

Best Answer

I agree ,they are not interested. Reading the posts there are so many people with the same issue. If we all buy a new one it's big business. But the zip works, it is logging everything, the problem is with their system. So no more Fitbit after this, not even with 25 per cent.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I don't understand why they don't solve the problem. 

Best Answer

Me too. Upgraded to Samsung S9 and Zip won't sync unless I take the battery out.  Hopefully a firmware fix addresses this.

Best Answer

Same problem here. Moto Z3. Android 9. Fitbit Zip purchased in 2016. I only became aware of the problem when I replaced the battery a few weeks ago. Worked perfectly before then Tried all the troubleshooting tips. Only way I can get it to sync is to remove the battery. 

Best Answer
I put my zip away, sadly and now have a charge 3 - but would rather my
simple pedometer.
Best Answer

I also an having nothing but problems with my zip after a software update on may 6, 2019. My Samsung 8 worked so well for the past 4 years with my Samsung phone and now it frustrating beyond comprehension. I have tried everything  ..works once then nothing. Blank screen.  HELP... 

Best Answer
I can't handle things on my wrist so none of the other models are an option for me

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi. Although the synching problems started for me when I upgraded to Android 9 on my phone, I've found I've got exactly the same problem when synching to my laptop which runs window s10 and an older phone which runs Android 5.1. On top of this the battery is now only lasting about a week.

My Zip has now been consigned to the back of a drawer. I must admit I feel a bit disillusioned with Fitbit after this - I even find myself wondering exactly why I needed to count the number of steps I do in a day in the first place!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm disappointed in my Zip as well and it now sits. Whether you get another
fitbit as I did or you go with a different brand - you count the steps to
keep you moving. And if you set step goals for your health - to meet those
goals and be the healthiest you that you can be. Don't give up.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol - this is so true. It started for me as a motivation tool, then just became habitual. I was amused recently though - went on quite a long road trip with some bumpy roads and my Zip registered over 2000 steps in a 4 hour period while I was just sitting in the car. Guess I’ll just have to not feel so smug when I reach my 10,000 daily target.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see the conversation around this issue.  I hope Fitbit is reading too.  I ditched my Zip, my One finally gave up as it was a few years old and I bought an Inspire.  I really think the issue is Android not fitbit as my Inspire works really well - love the style and menu options etc. but doesn't sync well.  Fitbit please talk to Android and resolve this issue.  This must be a lot of people using Fitbit products and Android products!  This is the very last Fitbit product I will purchase.  Another brand is definitely in the future for me.  In find counting the steps is one of the things that keeps me moving each day so, like the other commenter, I reckon stick with step counting!  Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes