Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497
I’ve tried this and everything else that has been suggested. The problem is obviously with syncing, since the battery lasts quite awhile if I DON’T sync. I feel certain that anything I do is not going to make a difference. The problem is obviously on your end.

As for opening a case file for me, since the original problem was not solved, I assumed that my case was still open.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Hi,

I’m not a member of the support team. I’m just a user like you. Somehow I’m getting messages meant for the support team. Sorry....

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is an open thread - anyone who has ever posted on it gets an email
notification every time there's a response. Some support staff have posted
on here and so people are responding to them and we're all seeing it - it's
normal.

I stopped using my Zip many, many months ago, but I stay subscribed to this
thread hoping it will eventually be fixed. If it ever is fixed, I want to
know about it as soon as it happens. So far it's just been more and more
people finding out they wasted their money. I was lucky, I at least got a
couple of good years out of it before my battery started lasting only two
days at a time.
Best Answer

Just replaced my battery 2 days ago and it's already showing low battery.  Has this problem been fixed or any suggestions?   Having to replace batteries every month or so...except this time ...2 days,

Best Answer
Done this alllllll before. This isn’t resolving the issue really us it. I’m shocked at the poor customer service, follow up and product performance. This product should not be on sale if it doesn’t work. If you have tweaked the zip...ie improved it to version point 2 all those complaining about a faulty should receive this updated version instead of unhelpful comments that really aren’t the issue in hand!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I couldn't agree more.
Do you really believe we are ALL doing something wrong???
Why wont you just admit that your product doesn't work and give us all a credit toward another product that does.
Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thanks for keep adding your responses in this thread and for all the steps that you've done to try to solve this issue with your Zip.

If you've already done all troubleshooting steps given in this article, it's best to follow up with our support team so they can further investigate what is happening with your Fitbit. Some of your might have already a case open with our them, so just reply back to the last email that you received with all the details of the steps that you've tried so far. If you still don't have a case with them, let me know so I can give you a hand with that.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fit bit zip doesn’t always count my steps. I don’t have all day sync on and the battery still continues to not last long. I have not received any emails from Fitbit. I don’t want to have to purchase another product. Please help

Tammy martin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
You seriously expect me to report again, in detail, all the steps I have taken to solve the problem on my end? I have taken all steps your support staff has suggested (multiple times), as well as all suggestions on this thread.
If I thought something would come of it, I might. It’s been almost a year, though, and it should be obvious that the problem is on your end. The only thing that makes a battery last for me is not to sync the Zip regularly. On the rare occasion that I DO sync - it is to my iPad only. I had to remove the app from my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello,

I have tried the suggestions, but I am still experiencing the rapid battery
drain. I am lucky if a battery lasts a month. It also shows "false
readings" as it sometimes goes from a full battery and when I manually sync
it the next time, it shows a completely depleted battery. If I close the
Fitbit app and/or remove the battery from the fitbit and replace it, I can
get the fully charged battery message stored. However, when I start
getting these intermittent half drained, completely drained battery
messages, I know the battery is on its last legs.

I don't want to wear something on my wrist to count my steps; I like the
Zip because I can put it an in inconspicuous place. But I'm tired of
having to buy the batteries and always keep one with me so I can replace it
when it dies out of the blue and I am unable to bring it back to life.

Deb J.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Hi @tammyjo46@debleo and @cassie14 thanks for getting back and for trying all those steps. Sorry for the inconvenience that you're having with your Zip.

@tammyjo46 Thanks for the details on your post, I'll do my best to help you out with this. For the issues with your steps and battery drain please confirm that your Zip is getting an appropriate battery contact you can see the picture in this post with some tips. Have you tried so? 

@cassie14 I really appreciate the time you took in order to help your little buddy, in this case I've requested a ticket for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly as they have special tools that might be giving a better idea of what is happening with your Zip. Hope this gets resolve.

@debleo You've done all the correct steps for the issues that you're having and I agree with you as it is not fun to be buying batteries all the time, when it should be lasting at least a couple of months. Did you check the contacts on Zip? Maybe it is what is causing this erratic behavior. 

Please keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

The contacts on my Fitbit device are fine (and clean). I just changed the
battery on July 5th and was seeing the green, fully-charged icon on my
iPhone (I typically sync my device a half dozen times during the day).
Last night when I got home, I opened the Fitbit app on my iPhone, and the
icon was the red fully-depleted battery icon and I hadn't even touched the
app for several hours. When I clicked on the sync option, the green
fully-charged battery icon appeared. There is definitely something amiss
in the syncing program code that is causing the battery issues (i.e., false
readings, rapid depletion of battery).
Best Answer

Thanks for these responses, however, not a one says the status of the 'fix' for the problem we are having. It is now exactly a year since I originally posted regarding this problem and not ONE thing has been done to improve or fix the problem as far as I can tell.

Fitbit could you please update us with a status instead of beating around the bush?

Best Answer
Wow really> I think if more than one person is having an issue, it is not client originated.Seems to be a product issue. I lke the zip because it is hideable, not everyone need to see my wrist and advertise your product nor what I am doing for my health.
Best Answer
got rid of mine-not worth the hassle
Best Answer
I thought somewhere much much earlier in this thread, someone had talked to
customer service and was told that the Bluetooth implementation in the
current version of ios (going back a while now) is not compatible with the
version used by Zip. I thought that was the problem they were trying to fix
all this time - are we waiting in vain for that? Or did that turn out to
not be true at all?
Best Answer

Hi everybody!

Currently, we don't have updates for the rapid battery drain issue, although at this point the new version shouldn't be causing syncing issues to our Zip users. Our team is still investigating, so we'll pass along the feedback. But I don't currently have a time frame for a fix. As mentioned before, along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible.

We truly appreciate your patience while it's being resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a week of use my Zip died: no syncing and nothing on the screen. I changed the batteries, and restarted it. Nothing. I'm sending it back to Amazon and ordering a new one from Fitbit in the hope that since the Zip is backordered the new stock will be of better quality. Also, am I right in thinking that I can just sync to my iMac and not to my iPhone app? I've already deleted it from my phone and don't plan to download it again. Frankly I'd just use my old Omron ped but it doesn't record my activity on my recumbent bike. I slide the clip onto my laces and it records my 'steps'.

Best Answer
Does this mean all users currently experiencing problems with the old faulty zip will be contacted and issued with the new version? That’s what good customer service would do...I have 2 other products from yourself which I would not have bought if the zip was the first product. I’ve invested a lot of money in the 3 products. The service and response has been disgusting on this product. Fitbit should be ashamed.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Apparently the observations through this entire thread are indications of Fitbit's overall approach to customer service.  For many months they have been unable to provide a fix for the Zip battery drain.

In addition to the Zip battery drain issue I had a sudden failure of a 13 month old Alta HR and Fitbit's response was that "as a global company we must strictly adhere to the 12 month terms of our warranty".  Then they basically told me to buy a new one, as a customer concession they even offered to sell me a new one directly at the same price as what I could get it at Best Buy.

Eventually Fitbit will learn the painful lesson that abandoning their customers in their competitive industry is a sure path to company failure.  

Best Answer