Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

Totally agree, this isn’t the product I thought I was buying. I should have to mess around daily either opening the app on my pc...only recently to find it won’t sync or mess around taking the battery out every day to ensure it doesn’t drain when I switch to my Alta. Shock advertising and unbelievably poor customer service. It appears that there is no effort being made to sort the problem. Or more worryingly if their engineers are still scratching their heads after 3 + years I’d gave no faith in any of their other products...how hard can it be? 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thanks again for sharing your experiencing with this issue and for the troubleshooting you have been trying.

@ADKzip To make sure that the Fitbit app is working correctly on your phone, please try to log out from your app and reboot your phone. After this, log back in and try to sync again. If this doesn't work, please make sure that your iPhone is listed on the supported devices list.

@H-zip@Trisha66, And @SunsetRunner, upon checking with Support I was able to see that you have a case with them. Please update your case and let them know that you need extra help or a clarification on your case resolution.

@claudiasc@Bone_Jumper, And @sfhurrell  to further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Just as a remainder for those who haven't tried. If you have an Android device, you might want to verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed here.

In the meantime, if you have an iOS device, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now and force quitting the app after syncing. Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Thanks as always for your patience and understanding.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

My response to them: Create a Quality Assurance group which tests all units thoroughly before marketing them to the public, do not rely on Users to do this for you.

Best Answer

I don’t need extra help or clarification, I need the product I bought to be the product that was marketed to me. It is a complete misselling and I’ve never been so disappointed with a product not doing what it claims it can do.

It’s been nothing but trouble, expensive and an unreliable product.

If this had been the first of my three purchases, I can assure you it would have been the only purchase.

Please don’t patronise me and your other customers. Sort the problem out so they aren’t getting through loads of batteries due to poor product performance. I’ve followed all advice which has been totally inconvenient on a daily basis but this still hasn’t resolved the issue or made the product the product marketed to me.

Totally unacceptable and poor, poor customer service and experience.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more. I too have done everything you asked and it still doesn't work. Stand behind your products!
I want a full credit toward something with a rechargeable battery that actually works!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer

I agree with your solution 100%. It is the only solution to this problem as it seems it cannot be solved!

Best Answer

I entered a ticket with the Fitbit support team a while back, not knowing about this forum. Thank goodness I’m not alone with the frustration regarding the zip and the iPhone app. It almost seems the company is trying to force customers to other products. My draws to the zip product are the long batter life, not wearing on the wrist, the size, and the waist clip ability. Fitbit doesn’t make a comparable product, which would likely push me to another company’s product. It doesn’t seem like the problem is high up the engineers totem pole. 

Best Answer
I'm done with the Fitbit Zip. If there is a way to get out of this
program, please let me know! An expensive lesson but the initial cost was
on my daughter as she gave it to me for a gift. Good luck!

Claudia Commans
Best Answer

Just want to note that, although I have upgraded to iPhone 8, which is identified as a supported device; reinstalled the Fitbit app; and disabled all-day sync, I continue to get messages saying my battery level is low.  Sometimes the low icon also shows on the Zip, sometimes not.  Sometimes it also shows as low on the Windows 10 app (also allegedly supported), sometimes not.  I ignore the messages until the battery actually dies, something I have the luxury of doing since I am no longer using it for a work-based walking challenge.  I've also done the battery contact thing -- no change.  So... when my current battery dies, I'm giving up on the Zip.  I will also inform some tech journalists that they should look into how Zip fails to live up to its marketing.

Best Answer

Let's see.... On May 1, I sync, battery full. On May 4, I sync, battery is half full. On May 17, I sync, battery is low. On May 19, battery is dead, replace battery. On May 24, I sync, battery is half full!  My "All day sync" is OFF (but that does not stop the fitbit app from syncing all day anyway). I've set it to "classic mode" (that is, sync ONLY when dongle is attached) and STILL IT SYNCS without the dongle. This is ridiculous!!!!! It is a fitbit Zip...I tap it maybe twice a day to check my steps (I've done about 125K steps since May 1). What the heck is the problem with this?!!!!!

Best Answer

Until the battery drain issue is corrected, how about you guys send me batteries every month..lol

I will put a battery in works fine then a day or two later if flashes low battery, then if by some act of God it quits saying the battery is low and goes fine for a day and then the whole low battery flash then not starts again. After about week and a half it is officially dead battery

Best Answer

You clearly have either a software or a hardware problem. I am now on my 3rd Zip (sent to me free to replace the one sent to me with a discount when I reported the problem having started on my 1st after an iOS update months ago) and after just one month am getting the low battery readings.  Until the allegedly problem iOS update, my original Zip batteries lasted at least 6 months. After that update, I got a bunch of false low readings before the battery finally died. After complaining on this Forum and by phone, I was offered a discount on a new Zip, but that one quickly had the same problem of multiple low battery readings followed by premature battery failure.  In response to instructions from customer service, I adjusted the spring in the back of the Zip (no change), stopped using all-day sync on the my iPhone (doesn't matter), switched to the Windows 10 app (which is horrible).  At one point, customer service told me my iPhone 4S wouldn't support the Zip, I recently got a new iPhone 8 and am having the exact same problems as before. 

Bottom line, I will ignore low battery readings for now and note when the battery dies. Hopefully, it won't die soon. If it does, I'm giving up on Fitbit all together. 

Best Answer

I'm with you! I haven't heard about any progress from @LucyFitbit regarding this issue. Maybe @KateFitbit will help us?

Best Answer

Got a new zip and the battery has been lasting only 2-3 weeks. I just turned off all day sinc, it shows I have a full battery yet the zip is at home, on the computer desk with no battery at all?????

Best Answer
Love it!!!!!!!!!
Best Answer

Got to love it! Sadly enough. Still haven't heard from anyone in support.

Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thanks for posting your comments and feedback. We really appreciate the time you're taking in order to troubleshoot your Zip.

Sorry about the issues that you're having with your Fitbit. Our good friend @LucyAP suggested a couple of steps here, you can try those and if you already did so and you're still having issues with your Zip. Please let me know so we can check the next step.

@ADKzip Thanks for your feedback and for all details you've provided in your post. I've got in touch with our team and they will be contacting you back shortly. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and let me know if you have doubts about this process. 

@Bone_Jumper  I'll happy to follow up with you your process, I've requested to our support team to check your case. You should soon receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Please check your spam folder in case that you don't get it in your inbox, they will write to you in short time.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
My battery has been lasting longer since I do NOT sync it with my iPhone anymore (app has been removed). I can only occasionally sync it with my iPad. This helps with the Zip battery issue, but what good is it if you can’t sync it regularly? Very disappointed.
Obviously there is no solution, and you have not thought to recall this faulty product.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I’ve had no response regarding my faulty zip! I say faulty as it does not do what the marketing suggested it did. 8 months and no progress.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hey there @cassie14 and @H-zip, thanks for getting back!

I appreciate all the effort that you put into solving these issues with your Zip. Maybe you've already tried this, but why don't your open the back of your Zip and clean the place where you put the battery using a cotton swab. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend or rusty too.

zip.PNG

zip clean.PNG

I've noticed that both of you have cases open for previous issues with your Zip, so feel free to write back or let me know if you need me to open a case for you again.

I'll be around. Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes