Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497
It’s the battery not the software misreporting the battery level.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, I haven't taken batteries out of the zip that are being reported as drained and tested them on a separate charger and they test fine. Put them back in the same Zip and then they report fully charged. So, in my case, it is faulty software and not an actually drained battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They should have contacted us all by email about this situation to advise us to turn off all day sync.  I have gone thorough batteries in days and almost bought a new Zip.  I had looked up batteries draining problem on the help boards but did not see this thread until today.  Very poor customer service.

Best Answer

Most basic solution. . . use dongle and computer only.  No phone.  My battery life is normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are correct but it's worth noting that, even today, Fitbit advertises how flexible and mobile its devices are.  The Fitbit Setup page advertises tells users they can download the Fitbit app for either mobile devices or PCs from Apple's App Store, the Window Store and Google Play with no hint that syncing the device will drain the battery.

Also, to update on a prior comment I made:  I stopped all-day sync on my iPhone and downloaded the Windows app on the Windows 10 PC.  Yet it doesn't matter which app I use to sync my current, replacement Zip, I occasionally (not always) get a medium or low battery indication.  I ignore it and the battery quickly returns to being fine.  This was not the case with the original Zip, however; on that one, the battery died and took my steps for the day with it.  

Also worth noting is that when I first called about the problem, the Fitbit service department said they could "see" that my Zip was frequently rebooting and gave me instructions as to how to re-seat the battery in the case.  When that didn't work, they gave me a discount to buy a new one which had all the false reading problems described above. 

Bottom line:  Fitbit could see this problem developing and presumably can continue to monitor it across the universe of devices.  Yet still no solution despite continuing to advertise Fitbit's multi-platform capabilities.

Best Answer
So you are saying take the Fitbit app off your iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to change battery every two weeks.  This is a major performance issue and much different than the advertise 6 months period advertised for the product.  What is the story here?  Is there a solution?

Best Answer
ADKzip,

Your post is right on. I have posted several times and even wrote an email to the Investor Relations Committee at Fitbit Corporate. No responses to any attempts at communication. It leads me to believe that Fitbit does not want to communicate with the users and just wants us to slowly go away as they do not seem to want to support the Zip. I am sure they would like us to upgrade to more expensive products from Zipbit. That WON’T HAPPEN WITH ME!
Best Answer

Please believe me when I say I think Fitbit has done a terrible job with customer relations/service.  I simply made the suggestion to drop the phone connection simply for those that are going through batteries like water.  At least until Fitbit comes up with a solution. . . 

Best Answer
No, I don’t own an iPhone, my phone is an android so that is how I would access the zip.  I was asking if it was worth trying to delete the software from my iPad and just use the phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not true.. I use Dongle and computer with all day sync and distance both turned off and battery life is still crap.
Best Answer
Not yet that we know of. 6 months battery usage is what it used to be but since the last update that was installed it has been unpredictable for battery usage. Two weeks seems to be the normal level right now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Last response I got from Fitbit I went to their web sight and sent an Email to the service section and they responded that they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it. The issue started after the last update they sent out for the Zip. I have had my Zip for a bunch of years and never had an issue with it. It was my go to Fitbit. I have had 2 charge HR. and wore both of them out. So keep going back to my Zip. Fits in your pocket and is unnoticeable. Wish they would get it fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I desperately want a re-chargeable clip on.  I dress professionally for my job and don't want to have to give up my watch or tennis bracelet for a cluncky rubber band/watch or something that is fake gold and will tarnish.  I love being able to hide my Zip discreetly, but wish it had a few more functions, the most important feature would be being rechargeable.  Please consider this.  I need a second job to keep up with the battery replacements.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  The battery is only lasting about 2 weeks.   However, I wasn't offered a new one, only a 25% discount on another on if I bought it from them.  That's no deal, I can get it 20% off at Bed Bath & Beyond or a number of other stores.  Shouldn't their policy be consistent?  I agree, I'll be looking at the competitors too. 

I want a rechargeable clip on.  Of all the products they offer, I can't believe this isn't one of them.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just make it rechargeable and this wouldn't be an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are so many requests for a rechargeable clipon - makes you wonder why they discontinued the One. Also why do no other brands offer this type of tracker?

Fitbit had a rechargeable … the One. It has now been discontinued.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree with you! Fitbit used to have a Fitbit One which had rechargeable batteries, but they discontinued it. What a shame!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and it no longer warns me when the battry is going dead.  This past week after walking for an hour and a half it said I just walked 125 steps???

Best Answer
0 Votes