Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

KateFitbit -- Please update this message thread soon as you can feel the frustration mounting from Fitbit's lack of progress after many weeks of problems. The negative reviews on Amazon and other purchasing sites are becoming more prevalent so Fitbit needs to act soon to salvage the company's reputation...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last time I changed the battery, one week ago, I decided I would not sync at all ever with my iPhone and instead just sync through the app on my laptop. Not only do I have all-day sync turned off (and always have), I've even been turning off bluetooth as well. And just now I synced it after a walk - through the laptop, bluetooth turned off on the phone - and it showed the battery at medium. After one week. That tells me this is NOT an iPhone problem. So what does that leave, the last firmware update? I wish I remembered which happened first, the battery problem or the update.

Now I feel like I have no other options but to look for something else. I've actually gained weight since the battery problem started because I've been reluctant to sync, and when I can't track my steps I not only lose a lot of my motivation but I don't have a clear picture of how many calories I can eat in a day. Reaching under my shirt to take out the Zip and look at it regularly is pretty inconvenient while I'm at work, and wearing it somewhere on the outside of my clothes just makes me worry that I'll lose it.

I don't get why they can't just take out the code they put in when this started and rerelease the software/firmware until they figure out a better way to solve whatever problem they were trying to solve in the first place. I'm a programmer myself, I know that isn't always easy or possible (sometimes it's related to operating system updates you have no control over) but this has been going on too long now with no real information except "we're working on it." How long are we supposed to wait? I wish an engineer would get on here and tell us why this is happening and why it's such a hard problem to solve. It would certainly help us all to be a little more patient.

Best Answer

Hey everyone - unfortunately, I don't have an update for this currently, but our team is continuing to investigate the issue. I do realize this has been going on for a long time and will continue to update the thread as I hear more. Thank you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
On Thursday I had well over 10,000 steps but it reset and only recorded 1095. Today I had close to 6000 then it went to 0 and now is at 534 and the time is almost always wrong.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
The best I can tell you is this it all started with the update that they sent out a month ago or so can't remember for sure. I do know I have had this zip for several + years and It has had no issues with batteries like we are having now. I am like you if this was what caused it then why not take it back out until you can figure it out. I like my zip because it is discreet and counts my steps without being evident its there. Just don't understand why they can't fix it.
Best Answer
KateFitbit - thank you for doing your best to keep us updated. I appreciate
what a tough position you’re in here. I hope they give you some good news
to pass along soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Katefitbit......................How many people exactly are working on this? How many hours have been spent? Is any one person in charge of this problem? What has been discovered so far? Your answers are mindless and show no respect for the zip users.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very good points!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I love my fit bit one and it worked for years. Now I have the flex because my one would not recharge and I hate absolutely hate it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've tried taking the battery out and waiting 10 seconds to put it back in, but it doesn't change anything.  Still says I have a low battery.

When you tap your zip and ask it to "Sync Now" it will update.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

If you turn off all day synch until they resolve this problem, when does your Fitbit synch?

First you tap the battery image in the upper left corner to get to the screen where you can ask it to sync now

@SunsetRunner wrote:

If you turn off all day synch until they resolve this problem, when does your Fitbit synch?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

And sometimes when you do that, it will show that your battery is low!  If you wait a few minutes, the battery will go back to being fine.  I see that yet another update was issued; hope this fixes the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just showed up on my iPhone and... no surprise... right after inserting a new battery (after just about 2 months on the new one Fitbit had sent with my discounted new Zip), the battery showed as only half full despite showing as totally full only hours earlier.  Ditto for the Windows 10 app.

Bottom line, the latest iPhone Fitbit app update doesn't help either!  And the Windows app is no help.

Best Answer
How can you tell when an update has been added that effects the Zip- are we notified in the Fitbit app?
Best Answer
The App Store should tell you under “updates” whether you have a new
version waiting. Not sure about other platforms. Unfortunately they only
ever say “bug fixes and improvements” so there’s no way to know if any
particular update is the one we’re waiting for.

I ordered myself a Charge 2, should arrive today. I can’t wait for this to
be fixed anymore. I got a good three years out of my Zip so it might be fun
to upgrade anyway. If that weren’t the case, I’d be going with a different
company.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The update I got was there when I synced one day it said there was an update to be loaded. So I clicked it to update not knowing it would cause all this trouble with the battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought another pack of batteries. I could have bought another zip for the amount of batteries I have purchased! This is so aggravating! 😠

Best Answer
My Fitbit app just updated to 2.44.2 a few days ago after 2.44.1 a week ago. So far my Zip has been operating on a full battery for about 4 weeks (almost afraid to jinx myself by reporting this!). Previously I was only getting 2 to 4 days out of a battery. Maybe they actually are working on this problem. I hope so. Anyone else having similar improvements?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
But then you would still have the battery issues only with a new zip. From the way it sounds they are all doing this. Mine has seemed to slow down on battery use though had episode of half charge battery then back to full and holding for now (fingers crossed).
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine seems to be holding also. Had battery half full then back to full and holding (fingers crossed).
Best Answer