Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip refuses to update firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't install firmware update for ZIP; current version indicates that it's 5.64.  I'm ready to take a hammer to my ZIP.  There are times when the update actually starts, but then "crashes" during the first minute.

Any suggestions beyond the usual fitbit website suggestions?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I have the same problem.  Additionally, since I tried to update, my zip will no longer sync at all.  The ipad seems to "see" the zip and the sync starts, but no data is transferred.  The error I get when trying to update is http error 400.  I tried all the suggested remedies on the help page but nothing works.  My wife has twin device and hers updated perfectly.  

Best Answer

My zip is doing the same thing. My iPad or iPhone won’t sync. Also keeps dropping me off wifi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem have followed all the advice and it's still not working. I also get the error 400. Had my fit bit 3 years now so I don't think it's even covered by a warranty anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @smithtrim@scosta@Debney and @kayjones! This sounds odd. The error 400 is usually due to an intermittent internet connection. 

Also, if you are using a mobile device try updating your tracker using a computer or vice-versa. Remember to turn off the Bluetooth on the device you're not using so it doesn't interfere with the update. If this doesn't work, please check the Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

To make sure that your Zip is working correctly, please restart it

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all that still nothing. I’ve had enough! What a waste of time and money!

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @kayjones! I have sent you a PM to further assist you.

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all these things before I wrote to the community. I even tried deleting the device from my account. When I tried to re-add it, my pc “discovered” it, but wouldn’t add it to the account, emitting the same error message (400). The device worked perfectly and was syncing up until I chose to update the firmware (from the iPad app).
The device still is counting and can be discovered, just not syncing and it won’t accept any software download.

Ps. When I tried to re-link the device, the pairing numbers displayed, but the only reaction to typing in the numbers was to generate another set on the device. The battery is fresh.

Steve

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @scosta and @kayjones! I really appreciate the time and effort invested to solve this issue. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

P.S. While you wait for Support to get back to you, please take a look to our Warranty Policies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will not load updates and will not sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue with my fitbit zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @travelbird93 and @boxturtlelover! You can try to restart your Zip and these tips to fix your syncing issues. After this, follow these steps to update your tracker

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No idea why a moderator keeps posting things sending people in circles on troubleshooting. According to Fitbit phone customer support, the com.fitibt.http:400 error is a known bug with build 2.43.1 that was released a couple weeks ago. This is due to be fixed in 2.44 (release date 12/13/17.) Please ensure that your iOS or Andriod OS is up to date as well.

Best Answer

I keep getting a notification that there's an update available and to download and so I click to do that and then it says "error" try again later. This has happened EVERY SINGLE DAY for a couple of weeks. I've come to the conclusion that Fitbit is a sub-par product with sub-par customer support.

Fitbit install message.jpgFit bit error message.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @commname52! This sounds odd. I appreciate the pictures, it really help me to understand better the issue you are experiencing. 

This issue may have an easy fix, you need to uninstall and re-install your Fitbit Connect. To uninstall the Fitbit Connect software from your PC, please do the following:

1. Click the Start button
  2. Click Control Panel
  3. Under Programs, choose Uninstall a Program
  4. Highlight Fitbit Connect
  5. Click Uninstall/Change
  6. Click Uninstall
  7. Click Finish

Before reinstalling, we recommend you temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software, as it may interfere with proper installation of Fitbit Connect. You can re-enable your antivirus once the installation is complete.

To reinstall Fitbit Connect, please do the following:

1. Go to www.fitbit.com/setup and click download here beneath your device.
  2. Double-click the installer file from the download location.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i had various fitbits throughout the years.

currently i am travelling and therefore got a fitbit zip. It doesnt eant to update. Restarted the device, zip both tried on ipad and android and read alls teps above. 

any help?

thank you,

ilja 

Best Answer