Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip syncs only after restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have windows 7 on desktop Dell. Have had no issues ever until recently. Fitbit Zip only syncs when I restart it by removing battery and waiting a minute and replacing. Also Synced it a couple of minutes after midnight and zip displayed duplicate steps from previous day when it should have been zero since i was at computer for the a few minutes prior to midnight until a few minutes after and didn't take any steps.

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

The developer mode stuff isn't as invasive as you might think.  I was hesitant too.  It didn't work for me though and I ended up switching it back, not because there were any negatives to the other Bluetooth version but just so everything was standard if it wasn't working anyway.  It's worth a try, can always go back.

Best Answer

I tried this on a Moto X4 and it works initially but after about 30 minutes the Zip Tracker gets lost and the Fitbit app can't find it. I've tried disconnecting the tracker from the app and then when I tried to reconnect them, the app can't find the tracker. This is as maddening as everyone says. It has essentially rendered my Zip useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it continue to work? I've tried this but it only works for about a half hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is with the firmware version. The latest one is broken. All they have to do is roll back one version and it would solve everyone's issues, but they could care less.

Source: have friends with fitbit zips that never upgraded their zip firmware and theirs works perfectly. I also found my old Zip, wasn't on the latest firmware and worked perfectly. I updated it, and it broke. It is really a simple fix/problem. fitbit could care less.

Best Answer

I am utterly sick of this. Fitbit just don't care. Time to move on. I took the battery out yesterday and put it back in which is totally unsustainable as a solution.. it worked for two hours. Now back to where we were before. Absolutely rubbish and Fitbit just don't care.

Best Answer
It continues to work as long as my phone and the Fitbit app are open. Once
separated or another app is opened, they separate and file for divorce
Best Answer
I've literally quit using my Zip and I'm not even considering buying
another Fitbit product. This is an easy fix. They essentially have to roll
back the update for the Zip. It's nonsensical. I essentially spent $100 for
this several months ago and now it is useless and Fitibit doesn't even have
the respect to respond to these issues in a viable way. They could at least
try to incentivise all of us Zip owners to buy an inspire buy giving us
some sort of coupon but they just don't care. Take care Fitbit.
Best Answer
Too bad we dont have a utility to flash firmware. When I worked at Lexmark
we had the ability to flash firmware while testing printers. But Fitbit
would have to make the firmware available to the public.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Very frustrating.  I have resigned to the fact that I will have to take the battery out every night before midnight and reset it to sync.  I don't want to buy another fitbit if the problem is my phone but seeing everyone else with this issue, I believe it was due to an upgrade that affects us all.  Fitbit needs to fix this problem.  I have tried the steps found on the internet to resolve this issue but it DID NOT WORK!

ARGGGGG

@becker86 wrote:

I have windows 7 on desktop Dell. Have had no issues ever until recently. Fitbit Zip only syncs when I restart it by removing battery and waiting a minute and replacing. Also Synced it a couple of minutes after midnight and zip displayed duplicate steps from previous day when it should have been zero since i was at computer for the a few minutes prior to midnight until a few minutes after and didn't take any steps.

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for these steps.  I did them all and still am having problems with my Fitbit Zip syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes