Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will only sync if I remove battery and reinsert

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last few days my Zip will only sync with phone app by removing and reinstalling the battery.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

The same thing is happened yesterday … today my Zip is "rejected."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same is happening to mine for the last few days. Have sent an email and await their reply. I will update you.

Best Answer

Same here...since last week.

Best Answer

My Zip is not syncing either.  I tried the battery removal and it worked once, but now that is not even working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me for 6 days, now. Only works if I remove battery and then put it back in. I've been on phone twice with Tech support.  They have no suggestions.

Best Answer
Hi there. I had a reply from their customer services. Uninstalled and reinstalled fitbit this morning. It synced once but now just keepssaying tracker not found.Am about to email them again. This is a bit of a pain!!! Will update when I receive a reply.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Thanks Patty.  Maybe its their way of getting us to upgrade our device:)😜😜

Best Answer

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone.  Still not syncing:(

Best Answer

Ugh. My zip hasn't synced since the 22nd. This is very frustrating. The app keeps saying "device not found". 

I will try battery removal and reinsertion next. If I can get the darn thing open! Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, tried everything but that!  When I restarted  Zip it said battery low, so that may be why it is loosing sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi all, received the following 2 emails from fit bit:

We appreciate you getting back to us and for the additional information that you have provided. 

We would like to share with you that we already created a ticket for issue and forwarded this concern to the designated team involved who are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

As you may know, our customer's voice has always been essential in the development of our services and products.

We kindly inform you that we work daily to enhance our services and products, and we believe there is always room for improvement.

Since we have an ongoing issue for this, we would also like to apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and we appreciate the continuous trust that you put in our products. 

As for now, we suggest you to keep your Fitbit app up-to-date as a full fix will be available in the next Fitbit app version.

We are eager to get you back on track as soon as possible and we want you to have the best Fitbit experience. If there's anything that we may do to assist you in the meantime, do not hesitate to let us know​.

Sincerely,
Hannah and the Fitbit Team

--2nd email:

This is a follow up email regarding the issue that you're having with your Zip that is not syncing. 

You may follow the steps below to update your Fitbit app to the latest version: 

Open the Play Store app.
Tap the menu icon in the top left.
Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
Tap Update.
We hope this helps. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us back.

Sincerely,

Hannah and the Fitbit Team

--
I have tried all of the above. I did notice that an automatic update happened on the 16th August and have suggested to Hannah and the Fitbit Team that this may be the problem!!!!!Good luck everyone 😉😉Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Same here would like some info jf you get some 

Best Answer
0 Votes
See above for all messages received from customers services. Might be an idea if all of us sent them emails maybe. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You for the Update:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped about 4 days ago, and only resets after removing the battery.  Really annoying, and it appears most others are having the same problem.  Hope it will be solved quickly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not the problem.  I inserted a new battery even though mine was reading medium....didn't change a thing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are correct. I chatted with tech support and they said it is because I am using a non supported phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has now been working for 2 days!! Yippee. Good luck.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do to get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes