Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I am having the same problem as every one else, hope that they get it fixed soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, went on chat.

I was told that Fitbit Connect, which I was using, is for Windows 8 or below, so that I should be using the Fitbit App from the Windows store instead. Moreover, I needed to uninstall Fitbit connect. Once I installed the Fitbit App and removed Fitbit connect, it was able to sync.

I did express my surprise, given that I've been using Fitbit Connect since the beginning, so it was a bit odd that I should suddenly have to switch to something else with no notification or anything, but there you go. I will have to see if this keeps working later, but there you go.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmm, seems odd that so many people had the same problem. Everyone's dongle went bad at the same time. What number did you call, I will have to do the same. Thx for the info.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

The app finally worked for me. I downloaded it earlier to PC and android phone but neither worked until just 10 minutes ago. I don't know about that explanation from Fitbit. Seems like BS since Fitbit Connect has been working for months. Why would it suddenly stop now? And what about the people not using Windows 10? Everyone's dongle stops working? Something is really messed up. 

Anyway, mine appears to working for the time being

Best Answer
0 Votes

And this has been going on for two days. Think of the number of people who haven't posted and are having problems. Why can't fitbit post something here about how to correct the problem?

Best Answer

Mine too...logged in everyday until today...July 22...what's the problem???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the dongle hooked to my laptop and I am still getting nothing as of yesterday...windows 10, fully charged!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit (zip) has been acting up all week...changing times, changing data, etc...now it won't even connect! What's the issue? Mine is only two years old and this is the second time there have been issues. I have Windows 10 on my laptop...This is just not OK!!! Any answers?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shermjoh wrote:

The app finally worked for me. I downloaded it earlier to PC and android phone but neither worked until just 10 minutes ago. I don't know about that explanation from Fitbit. Seems like BS since Fitbit Connect has been working for months. Why would it suddenly stop now? And what about the people not using Windows 10? Everyone's dongle stops working? Something is really messed up. 

Anyway, mine appears to working for the time being

Thanks shermjoh. I downloaded the Fitbit app from Windows Store, uninstalled fitbit connect and I'm once again syncing. It does seem like Fitbit could have given us a headsup. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its some sort of coding issue at their end. My Fitbit ZIP plus android tablet is working again, but no luck with Windows 10 laptop, still getting the same error for the past day now.....
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you mean you downloaded the "app" onto a Windows 10 laptop? (I'm not computer literate, just use it as an appliance).

I've been using Fitbit Connect on my laptop with no drama for years....until today, with this "no internet connection found" error.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I downloaded from the app store, it's free, to both my PC and laptop.
Took 5 -10 minutes each.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't download to Windows 10. My Pc is Windows 7 and don't plan on going to Windows 10 u til I need a new pc!

Judy Denberg plus
Polar and Monty with
Summer at the Rainbow Bridge

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll hold off on that until or unless "they" can't fix the Fitbit connect. Can you provide a link to the app that will work on my laptop? Thanks for your help. Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also synced for the last time last night 7/21 around 7 pm like many other people so I don't think it's on my end. My boyfriend blames Trump's speech last night. Woman Tongue

3 o'clock in the afternoon is either too early or too late for anything you really want to do--Jean-Paul Sartre
Best Answer
That's hilarious
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I just uninstalled fitbit connect and downloaded the fitbit app for windows 10  and also am syncing again.  I still don't know why we had to do this and weren't informed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if you don't have Windows 10? I still have 7 with no immediate plans to upgrade. 

3 o'clock in the afternoon is either too early or too late for anything you really want to do--Jean-Paul Sartre
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem too, no syncing since Thursday morning. I don't have a smart phone, so I don't think I can use apps of any kind. I hope this is fixed soon - I want credit for all my walking yesterday & today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem.  I hope fitbit reads these posts and fixes the problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes