Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Day total not updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my 7 day total isn't updating in my ios app. In the past few hours I've walked a couple thousand steps and my total is still showing the same number. I've reset my tracker, reinstalled the app, and restarted my phone, but the count still isn't going up. Any other fixes I can try?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a great day and a great weekend. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know about this situation. We experienced some issues on February 14th and 15th where the total steps and steps from Challenges and Leaderboards were not updating correctly. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Mine is doing the same thing. Im hoping it syncs soon.

Best Answer

Same problem here. 

Best Answer

Hello @fcredmond@Tmarie9000 and @Sapphires, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Community! 

It seems the information from your tracker is not updating correctly when syncing to the Fitbit app. Have you updated the app and restarted your tracker recently? If so, please go to the online Dashboard and check if the information is displayed there. 

If the information is being displayed on the online Dashboard, please forceclose the Fitbit app by double-tapping the home button and swiping up the app, if that doesn't update the information, please log out from the app, restart your phone or mobile device and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and in case you need anything else, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, since this morning Fitbit won't update my 7 day steps total. Ran 10 km this morning and should have beaten some friends by now 😉 Total is still stuck on yesterday's number.

Completed all suggested steps, reinstalled the app, switched off/on my phone, logged in and out of the fitbit app and checked my account on fitbit.com but no results. Help!

Best Answer

My weekly total is not updating today. I’ve tried every step suggested. 

Best Answer

Same here - weird.  I stopped synching with my phone at 5:59 PM EST yesterday.  I've done everything everyone mentioned and no luck. Hope i dont have to buy another one. 

Best Answer

My friends isn’t working today either. Must be a fault in the app. 

Best Answer

Same thing with my friends and mine no 7day update today despite walking 11,000 plus steps so far. I to have done everything but restart tracker

Best Answer

I posted a similar thread mine is not updating either despite doing everything (restarting Fitbit, restarting phone, force app closure, logged out then logged in again, uninstalled the app then reinstalled, turned off and on Bluetooth) 🤔

Best Answer

Looks like I’m not the only one with this issue today. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Best Answer

Same here it stopped working correctly around 7pm 2/14/18 pacific standard time. Tried explaining it on a live chat with Fitbit Bernadte and Devron and got frustrated trying to explain it to them.  Clearly there is a problem at there end!!!! Fix this Fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this this morning and did not work.  There clearly is a problem at Fitbit’s end and not us!!! Get it together Fitbit it is frustrating trying to explain on chat with Fitbit I gave up!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit heard our prayers I think; my week total just updated itself suddenly!

Best Answer
Both my friends and my 7 day total suddenly updated at 3pm after no updating for over 12,000 steps. All working ok now v strange.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started working fine this morning around 9 am 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep mine too.  Was about 8 am it started working right.  Yes very strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friends and mine all of a sudden updated this afternoon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weekly total playing up again today. Come on Fitbit, get this sorted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I worked with customer service.  We reset the device and then everything synched later yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes