Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account button missing on iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: 12/13/2017Hi Everyone, this issue was resolved in iOS app version 2.44, please update your app and you should see the account button. If you still have this issue, please let me know. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Hi Everyone - Our team is aware that the iOS account icon in the top upper left hand on the app is not visible to some, we hope to have a fix shortly. 

In the meantime you can try the workaround mentioned in @LZee's post, tap above the share icon and you should be able to access your account. 

Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

no luck with that here

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tap when the icon should be. It is still there, you just can’t see it.

Thank you!

Mary Beth Primmer
Best Answer

@Pablo-86 wrote:
No problem, it is too faint to easily see but it is there.

Sent from my iPad

Really faint on the top left corner, but it is there. 

@Thanks @LZee

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your reports, in fact we're experiencing an issue where the Account button is not currently showing in the Fitbit app. At the moment I would like to suggest you to follow @LZee's workaround posted earlier while our team works in a prompt and proper solution for this situation.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

i realize you have been working on this. none of the work arounds have worked for me. 

my charge hr will also no longer sync or be found in my bluetooth. have not been able to use my fitbit for quite some time. i have m.s. and using it helps me a lot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lola917. I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Are you having trouble syncing or setting up your Charge HR? In either case I would like to suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Restart your Charge HR
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds and then turn it back on (try this through your phone Settings and not through Control Center)
  4. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, check if Charge HR is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  5. Try to set up your tracker as a new device to reset the the connection between your tracker and your phone:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

lol. i cannot do this as the missing account button issue is ongoing. but ty for your response

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new iPhone 7plus, installed the Fitbit app, connected to my Fitbit ...seemed all ok. Went back in 1hr later ...the account button /link on the app has gone. Does anyone know how to get it back

Best Answer

My devices are not showing on my iPhone X app and my account on the dashboard is gone and instead is replaced by Notifications. How do i access my other devices from my iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bibmacasaet, welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @lola917

Please note that even if the Account button is not showing up on it's usual spot (top right corner of the screen) you can still tap on it and be redirected to the Account screen. The button is currently invisible. 

I hope this can help, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not familiar with the iPhone app specifically, but I have seem cases with the app not appearing to work correctly being solved by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Charge2account I did a search of the iOS forum and moved your message to the current thread. Please read some the latter posts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello. i did this and it worked. unfortunately, there is still something wrong as it loses time every day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi. i have factory reset the fitbit (great videos on youtube). my watch is still not working 

correctly even with finding account button and installing/reinstalling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was just me with the missing icon!  I was going crazy.  I'm glad it's being fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The account button seems to be invisible right now. Look at the upper right hand corner of the screen. There is a little square with an arrow coming out of it. Tap in the white space above that icon. Your account will pop up and let you add a new device. Whew! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, I was starting to wonder what I was doing wrong. I think I deleted my App to download again about 10 times to see if it would come back again.

I wanted to add the new Aria 2.

Best Answer

I switched to a new phone and the APP still does not have the correct icons to update my account. I see this is a "bug " and needs to be fixed...how do I sync my band and my phone until it is fixed??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

As mentioned by @karenxfiles above, the account button is still there, only invisible. Our team is aware of this situation and is working towards a prompt and proper resolution. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue since the release of IOS 11.  Issue first appeared on my iPhone 7 when I did the IOS 11 update.  I have now moved to the iPhone 8 Plus and still have the same issue.  If you touch the screen where the Account Icon should be it does work but there is no Icon.  Please fix soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes